Model Cars Magazine Forum

New in Dallas

Hey everyone,

Just came out of a 13 year modeling dark age with the 1:24 Tamiya Subaru BRZ. (My wife and I can thank the recent purchase of a real one to be the final impetus.)

I was a member of the Young Model Builders Club back in the 80s and 90s, so I have those old models around somewhere. But that was back when I was an impatient kid and so a lot of those weren't very good quality and didn't last long. I also didn't store them very well, so some got destroyed in all the moves since then (college, work, college again, work again).

Anyway, look for an impending thread about my BRZ build. I would love some feedback - since it's my first one since a long time, I think I'm a bit rusty and could use some pointers.

After this I may resurrect the Enterprise D from the 90s (probably my favorite model ever - and it didn't last).

Word.

Check out the Metroplex Car Modelers Assoc. they meet in Irving Tx. You'll find a great bunch of guys. They have a website themcma.net Say hi to all the old gray haired guys tell them Vince sent yet. They will remember me. On second thought forget they won't remember anything. Cheers to ya.