Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ardun flathead

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Found a nice detail photo of an Ardun flatty courtesy Hot Rod Magazine. I believe this engine is in one of Revell's Ford pickup kits. Just cannot recall the year.

ArdunHeadsonFordFlatheadenginesPhotobyHo

Posted (edited)

Great shots of the S.C.o.T. -style blowers and v-belt drives too, especially the rear bearing/cover plate which is rarely shown, plus the late flathead-Ford clutch housing, the late-model-gearbox adapter (aluminum casting behind the primer-colored clutch housing), and the valley-cover arrangement that closes off the original flathead intake ports under the Ardun OHV-conversion manifold. I'm gonna save this one.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted

I believe this engine is in one of Revell's Ford pickup kits. Just cannot recall the year.

The 1/25 '50 Ford Custom Pickups.

Rodder's Journal #25 has a great, in-depth article on the ARDUN heads, too.

Nice pics. :)

Posted

Found a nice detail photo of an Ardun flatty courtesy Hot Rod Magazine. I believe this engine is in one of Revell's Ford pickup kits. Just cannot recall the year.

ArdunHeadsonFordFlatheadenginesPhotobyHo

Both engines were based on late 24 bolt Flathead. Either 8BA/8CM or EAB/EAC. These engiens have the separate clutch housing. The engine in front als a have a adapter plate for a modern 5 speed tranny. Could be a S10 5 speed.

Posted

1950 Ford f 10 Revell kit

f100