Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who here would love to see a kit of a modern D9R dozer

• 1 year later...

If a company wanted to create an all new 1/25 scale kit of a piece of construction equipment, what would you wish it to be? It can be modern, vintage, a specific dump box, a trailer, front end loader, front discharge mixer, etc. AMT's Caterpillar D8H has pretty much been soldiering on alone as the only stand alone piece of construction equipment since the '70s, and I think the D8H design itself dates back to the late 1950s(!).

A multi axle crane would be cool. Id like to see; 988G Cat loader

a big excavator

a big D10 or 11 dozer

dry bulk pneumatic trailer- Mac or high cube J & L

Cat road grader

777 or bigger Cat quarry truck

953 or 963 Cat track loader

A forklift would be cool, any size

Big 8 wheel John Deere or massey/ferguson farm tractor

Maybe some 1/25 military

M1A1 tank

Duece and half

Basically the larger stuff vehicles in 1/25 would great.

How about a set of small tractors, like a Cub Cadet, a Wheel Horse, and a Terramite all-in-one? They're not too recent, but certainly cool.

Just looked up some Terramites, and it turns out they still make them! :)

Wouldn't want a new Cub Cadet, still. Any tractor with plastic body panels is a no-no.

If you can't ran the tractor into a tree in half-speed without cracking the nose, you don't want it :)

Edited by chunkypeanutbutter

A mid size tractor from the 50's era would be nice.

The Ford 8N/9N were a staple for years with a brush mounted on the front end.

A small compact tractor would be a hit. It would be put on many trailers .

A front end loader of some kid would be a big hit for the truck guys.

As long as it is small enough (and still in scale) to fit the lowboy trailer that is out now.

As long as it is small enough (and still in scale) to fit the lowboy trailer that is out now.

The talk about the ex-Ertl Payhauler fitting the AMT Lowboy trailer had me thinking along those lines to be honest. I think even a vintage piece of equipment would work, since there are just too few existing options.

AMTs old plans to make a Ford Garwood Garbage truck

That would be great, too, or really any refuse body which could be used with AMT's C- on LN/LNT-series Fords.

I'd like to see a modern medium size dozer, something like a high track CAT D6 with an environmental cab, U blade and rippers would be great.

I think there is a lot of potential for a medium size 2 or 3 axle water truck. That would appeal to a wide range of interests, construction, logging, firefighting, racing and if they did a 28 foot tank trailer at the same time, it could be a fuel truck too.

There are lots of great construction subjects that would make great models.

The Euclid TC12 twin engine bulldozer,

Any make motor scraper or cable operated pan scraper,

Any make road grader ( I would prefer a Champion...now called a Volvo),

Any make front end loader

and the list goes on and on.

I would settle for anything that looks right in construction yellow.

Carl

How about a set of small tractors, like a Cub Cadet, a Wheel Horse, and a Terramite all-in-one? They're not too recent, but certainly cool.

Just looked up some Terramites, and it turns out they still make them! :)

Wouldn't want a new Cub Cadet, still. Any tractor with plastic body panels is a no-no.

If you can't ran the tractor into a tree in half-speed without cracking the nose, you don't want it :)

If you run into a tree, you don't need to be driving a tractor or anything else for that matter!!! :o

I'm not sure of the model, I think it may be a Wheel Horse, but there is an older tractor already in kit form and can be found in this kit.

HPIM3233.jpg

I have two of these kits that I bought only for the tractors, I don't want the cars!

As for my wish list, just about any new modern tractor trailer, both trailers and trucks, and some big mining trucks and equipment too. The old Payhauler is nice, but bigger is always better!

What about the ertl plow & two axel trailer ?. Ive never even seen those pictured let alone in the plastic !

There was KFS's front end loader and the cat 360 in 1/24 bur they are OOP now I believe . I have the 360 but its still to big for the lowboy very a hefty piece of resin and very pricey