Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mini Mopar "Pocket Rockets" Omni/ Daytonas

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

post-10166-0-50034600-1377823181_thumb.j

got a substantial start on one of the "Daytona's

I had to reverse un engineer someones hack work that looked to be a start of a drag car? door panels and floor pan cut panels glued to body had to do reconstruction of my own floor pan that seems to fit well heavy as sin with all the putty and cement but i'd rather have "stock" than some hack up parts jobber I think I've done well fixing to the best of my ability will try to get some pics up......

as I go with them if ya'll havn't already figured it out I work on many things at once helps me not hit slumps and want to keep going!

Posted · Report post

DSC00021-vi.jpg

A rarer one! The AMT Plymouth Horizon TC-3. There's like ten of the Omni out there for every one of these. Hard to find but still cheap once found.

Posted · Report post

would love one of those too!

Posted · Report post

I'd take any of those. :) Did anyone make the Horizon or Omni 4 door hatchbacks? Even an Omni O24 would be cool.

Posted · Report post

Nifty! I'd love to see how one of those turns out. :)

Posted · Report post

Nifty! I'd love to see how one of those turns out. :)

In the new year most likely I'll have done and ready in kit form :) ....I had several turbo Dodges, including a GLH Omni, quick even if rough cars, the Shelby GLHS proper cars are getting quite collectible now!

Posted · Report post

The Omni and Horizon have both been recently done as 1/25 or 1/24 diecast. Easily available in the $10 range on that auction place.

Posted · Report post

The Omni and Horizon have both been recently done as 1/25 or 1/24 diecast. Easily available in the $10 range on that auction place.

I have one of those, way bigger than 1/24-5 scale, closer to 1/20, and very basic details, is in factory turbo spec, no does the Shelby version in resin or metal ...thus building one myself! ;)