Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W925 with Wilson Livestock Trailer

I have a number of projects on the go at present. I'm in the process of building a small fleet trucks. All are the dark blue, white and light blue colour scheme. This W925 is number 9 in the fleet and has the rare extended cowl. the engine is the Clatterpillar 1693TA 425HP engine (big horsepower for the late 60s early 70s). It has a 5 speed main with a 4 speed auxiliary brown lipe transmission. The base kit is the AMT Kenworth T519. The trailer is the AMT Wilson livestock trailer.

Thanks for looking.

DCP_3002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DCP_2999-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DCP_3022-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DCP_3019-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

More photo's see http://public.fotki.com/oldalbion/1969-kenworth-w900a/#media

Edited by Old Albion

Very nice! I'm a little surprised not to see a 12V71 under that hood, but then again, after seeing that Peterbilt 352 of your's... I can see you have a soft spot for Clatterpillar too! I like that trailer too, where do the trailer wheels come from? They're not from that kit are they? Very nice rig you have there!

Very nice! I'm a little surprised not to see a 12V71 under that hood, but then again, after seeing that Peterbilt 352 of your's... I can see you have a soft spot for Clatterpillar too! I like that trailer too, where do the trailer wheels come from? They're not from that kit are they? Very nice rig you have there!

thanks for the comments.

A 12V71 would be interesting, maybe in a later build.

The wheels are from the kit. You can change them out if you wanted. But I thought I would stick with box stock for this build.

Well, I'm just back from looking at your Fotki album... You really have some outstanding builds there and enough Detroit Diesels in those models to make me drool! So forget that other comment of mine concerning the engine choice on this Kenworth! LOL! By the way, that avatar Pete 351,simply put: a delight. The blue and orange heavy hauler Freightliner is another standout, the dual steer Autocar dump truck is beautiful work and the... You know where I'm going with this.