Model Cars Magazine Forum

one hot pontiac that faded away.....

They actually did but it was the formula version

That was the H-body Sunbird which preceded and was totally different from the front wheel drive '81+ J-bodies.

Unfortunately, MPC never updated their '81-'83 Chevy Cavalier kits when the late first gens were restyled, so that's the end of the line.

• 4 months later...

Mine hasn't faded away.

P8270091_zpsfc65fe40.jpg

P8270090_zps47ff677b.jpg

They did the calvier couldnt you use it as a base and make it into a sunbird

nice clean sunbird i am jelous even though i love my 04' saturn redline LSJ

wow didn't know they did that sunbird kit

I do have 2 cavalier mpc kits i plan on wanting to conver 1 into a "j 2000" pontiac thats probly the closes i'd ever get to "sunbird" like stated above the 88' style was different body panels than the mpc cavalier kit and no manufacturer ever updated the body....??!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sunbird seems a lot like the last toronado generation which, i have never ever seen in person. I have seen so many toronados from 60's and 70's but never this one! and its 86-92 or so, judging by the old A-class Mercedes on the left this one is probably somewhere in Germany, Finland or Holland.

1986_oldsmobile_toronado-pic-17580.jpeg

Edited by Nxr

• 1 month later...

my friends older brother had had 2 of those late 80's early 90's olds toronados one of them was the decked out top of the line luxary "trofeo" edition..... the other was a all blacked out car rather sinister especially when his mechenic brother bolted up one of those superchargers from the gran prix's to the 3.8 3800 v6 that car would flyyyyyyyy!!