Model Cars Magazine Forum

Seats - Johan 1969 Road Runner avail ?

My main goal is the repair an original issue Johan 1969 Roadrunner kit. it's missing the seats and the interior tub is a tad rough

The down fall is the original Johan int is only correct for the 1969 GTX (it replicates the GTX woodgrain door panels )

But for practical build purposes I may try the AMT versions.

If you are trying to build a correct Jo-Han style 69 Road Runner Hardtop interior, the Jo-han and AMT interiors are both incorrect on a couple of levels. First, both kits utilize an incorrect 1968 style instrument panel. The lower instrument panel pad switch panel opening should NOT extend over below the radio area in 1969 (unless A/C was ordered, where the center discharge vent would be located). Also, the 69 upper pad has a beveled edge. The original issue Jo-Han interior does indeed have the GTX wood grain side panels (FYI...These are are incorrectly shaped on the AMT kits!) as you have mentioned. I worked with Don Holthaus (of "Modelhaus") to create a correct 1969 Road Runner/Satellite Hardtop interior...with a corrected 1969 instrument panel, door panel/qtr. panels (which are separate components!), and 1969 front and rear style bench seats w/ applied headrests (standard on vehicles manufactured after January 1969 (optional at extra cost prior to that), a Federal Safety Mandate. If you prefer the optional bucket seat option interior, simply purchase the "Harts Parts Resin" bucket seats and rear seat package separately. They will fit the Modelhaus/Jo-Han based interior perfectly. Note: Unfortunately, Don did not correct the radio knobs on his instrument panel...the are still round knobs, not "thumbwheels", as ALL 1969 B-Body radios utilized from the factory or Mopar over-the-counter (specifically the Bendix AM-FM radio) were. FYI...The Modelhaus instrument panel will also correct the incorrect 1968 style panel in that Jo-Han 1969 GTX kit that you have, Ron. :rolleyes: Fury3

If you are trying to build a correct Jo-Han style 69 Road Runner Hardtop interior, the Jo-han and AMT interiors are both incorrect on a couple of levels. First, both kits utilize an incorrect 1968 style instrument panel. The lower instrument panel pad switch panel opening should NOT extend over below the radio area in 1969 (unless A/C was ordered, where the center discharge vent would be located). Also, the 69 upper pad has a beveled edge. The original issue Jo-Han interior does indeed have the GTX wood grain side panels (FYI...These are are incorrectly shaped on the AMT kits!) as you have mentioned. I worked with Don Holthaus (of "Modelhaus") to create a correct 1969 Road Runner/Satellite Hardtop interior...with a corrected 1969 instrument panel, door panel/qtr. panels (which are separate components!), and 1969 front and rear style bench seats w/ applied headrests (standard on vehicles manufactured after January 1969 (optional at extra cost prior to that), a Federal Safety Mandate. If you prefer the optional bucket seat option interior, simply purchase the "Harts Parts Resin" bucket seats and rear seat package separately. They will fit the Modelhaus/Jo-Han based interior perfectly. Note: Unfortunately, Don did not correct the radio knobs on his instrument panel...the are still round knobs, not "thumbwheels", as ALL 1969 B-Body radios utilized from the factory or Mopar over-the-counter (specifically the Bendix AM-FM radio) were. FYI...The Modelhaus instrument panel will also correct the incorrect 1968 style panel in that Jo-Han 1969 GTX kit that you have, Ron. :rolleyes: Fury3

Thanks very much for the information!!! It will be very helpful when I build my next '69 Road Runner and GTX.

Ron