Model Cars Magazine Forum

gettin' down and dirty with a 55 Chev

spotarama

DSCF0073_zpsb58ad2ea.jpg

another glue bomb, it started as a 55 Chev gasser missing its passenger door so i made a coverup panel along with hood and trunk panels from anti-perspirant can aluminium (thick enough to hold it shape but soft enough to form easily)

theres also an upgraded roll cage, wiring/fuse box, wheels and nudge bar from a chev tow truck kit, extra screen brace, mesh stone guard

parts box decals amd rattlecan blue paint, loads of appropriate weathering

DSCF0072_zpsa6d19519.jpg

DSCF0070_zps0b0c143b.jpg

DSCF0074_zpsde98ee38.jpg

DSCF0075_zps055aa6da.jpg

Edited by spotarama

the wheels and tyres are from a kit called 'midnite cowboy - custom chevy wrecker' the basis ofwhich was the chev equivalent of and F250 with big truck styling and a towtruck rear end. it has a 'duallie' rear end so i just used all 4 wheels for this build. i actuallyended up with 2 of these kits and used the other set of wheels on the AMC rambler i posted pics of y'day (at least i think thats what i used, it was years ago....) one day i'll build something using the towtruck parts

midnite_zps3b6e13ee.png

the wheels and tyres are from a kit called 'midnite cowboy - custom chevy wrecker' the basis ofwhich was the chev equivalent of and F250 with big truck styling and a towtruck rear end. it has a 'duallie' rear end so i just used all 4 wheels for this build. i actuallyended up with 2 of these kits and used the other set of wheels on the AMC rambler i posted pics of y'day (at least i think thats what i used, it was years ago....) one day i'll build something using the towtruck parts

midnite_zps3b6e13ee.png

Haven't seen that kit for along time ,I thought it would look cool with a stock bed and slammed :)

Looks like she just pulled off the track. The background looks interesting too.

the building is the fujimi garage kit clad in 'tongue depressers' bought in bulk from a pharmacy then stained with a grey/black wash, the ground is grey tinted pourable plaster in a frame, the whole thing was originally fenced in with balsa and tongue depresser built fences but most of them were broken off while it was on display at a show. the garage is floored with black and white 1" square glass mosaic tiles and has a folding lift up door (balsa and clear plastic sheet)i'll get it back out of its cupboard and whack some shots up in 'dioramas'