Model Cars Magazine Forum

Table Top nationals 2013

crazyjim

Model Car Creations held their 12th annual Table Top Nationals at Coronado Springs in DisneyWorld over the Labor Day picnic. I heard there were over 300 models displayed. Dr. David Broxterman brought his 1955 Chrysler 300 to display. This is the actual car that Moebius turned into a model kit. Doc is selling the first 300 kits with proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project.

On to the pics -

http://s544.photobucket.com/user/IMcrazyjim/library/SHOWS%20AND%20DISPLAYS/Table%20Top%20nationals%202013?sort=3&page=1

Always happy to share, Carl. Model Car Creations did a real fine job getting the contest together.

Florida is getting hotter -

Modelpalooza in Orlando September 28 & 29.

MAGS in Tampa October 12 & 13.

FAST in Ocala October 26.

Southlandz in Largo November 2.

We're gonna busy down here with model contests.

Jim, enjoyed meeting you at the show. Thanks for participating in the event. It was a lot of fun, the make n' take was hugly popular with the kids & their parents. Dr. Boxterman was a classy guy and having his car in the show was special. Having Don Garlits and his car displayed one space away from the model show was something we will remember too. Thanks to all who participated and to all our vendors. See you at some of the upcoming events.

My only beef with Delauns group is the popular vote judging. This heavily sways the votes toward the the club members and people with no experience or knowledge of models are voting.

"Look dear, this one matches my finger nail polish, I'll vote for that one!" (I actually heard a woman say that.)

Aside from that I have no beef with Delaun but I have heard a lot from folks who do. If the voting has changed, I'll go to the Largo contest. Also planning on the MAGS and FAST shows.

Edited by Jantrix

I also had a good time at the show. While i dont particularly like the peoples choice/ voting/ NNL style shows it was a decent show. As a relative newcomer to the shows (past 3 years or so) i didnt notice alot of the builds as " old news". I do think that it would be a great event to have annually with that same 1:1 car show and think the location is perfect and the venue nice. Food and whatnot was very expensive but there are ways around that. My kids had a blast too. I think with some better advertising , more signage at the venue ,and more show space it could be a awesome show. I felt the tables were too close for how many people were passing through. Maybe next time get the show its own ballroom. There were several rooms not used in the same area. The Vendor section was a letdown for me as there were very few kits for sale.

Jantrix , will you be attending the Modelpalooza show?

Whew - some pretty heavy opinions flying past. I don't care for "popular" voting either, but I don't go to contests with a plan to win. I like talking to the other builders and learning new things. If people bother me, I don't hang around them. No big deal. I'm sure there's people out there that don't like me - as hard as that to believe. I sure don't lose sleep over it.

You guys might like the FAST contest on October 26 at Castro Farms in Ocala, and sure hope to see you there.

NO FAST MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE CONTEST. Nobody will be able to say that the judges favor a fellow members build.

We have 3 judges who are all model builders. They bring a varied background; professional air brush artist, super detailer, old gearhead, commercial artist.

Our contest registration forms can be completed online to save time. Just go to our website