Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 1966 GM Chevy Impala SS Hardtop

thatjellyfish

Ill be starting this as soon as my back gets better. But I'm thinking of painting it glossy black for the body with lacquer paint, perhaps automotive paint or Tanya lacquer paint and flat black for the interiors itch perhaps acrylic or lacqure. Pretty much a tudor version of the whinchesters car in super natural. I couldn't find a four door version and I'm not yet comfortable to kit bash it into four.

Also planning on giving bmf a go so ill be using a old junk body to practice on. The body for practicing is from a 57 ford custome kit that I had to get another body for due to damage from a learning mistake. Lucky I don't chuck this kind of stuff away, thought to keep it for who knows when it will come handy excuse . And I really want to go slow with this mainly for painting.

Any help is appreciated.

Hope your back gets better soon Allen, I know all too well about back issues had surgery on mine 3 yrs ago had a ruptured disk, three buldging disks and two large bone spurs on another one and 12 weeks of rehab, so take good care of it the best you can so you can get on that 66 Impala!! :D

an update: my back is better and my model came in. So far all i got is that i primed nearly everything, the only parts not primed yet is the chasis, body and hood. I'll be letting them dry for bout 24hrs, perhaps 48hrs due to work tomorrow, as well as the australian federal election vote is on tomorrow aswell.

Anyways, here are the pics. Escuse my photos and such.

post-11635-0-69216100-1378439405_thumb.j

the white spot on the bottom centre is on the outside of the container

post-11635-0-75241600-1378439411_thumb.j

Another update, for those who are interested. Got the interior done, engine done(lost a couple of small peices for it but most of them would not be all that visable) to the point where i need to wait for the body, underbody done, the rear axel was highly frustrating and confusing for me, the instructions wasnt exactly clear. I got the body primed just waiting for time to do the first light coats. Here are the photos:

post-11635-0-34680600-1378874944_thumb.j

post-11635-0-70770500-1378874953_thumb.j