Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 1971 Mustang Pro Touring WIP

Jordan White

This is a subject that I have yet to see in this sub-forum, and figured I would take a stab at it. I'm using the old Doyusha 1971 Mustang kit, with parts from the Revell 2010 GT500 kit, along with resin wheels from ebay and R/C car tires.

Quite a bit of the GT500 kit will be used, namely the chassis/drivetrain, and some of the interior. The suspension will be modified parts from the Doyusha kit, and the body will be all Doyusha with a few GT500 parts added.

I'm working on the engine now, and I'll post some pics a little later of where its at.

Edited by Jordan White

Here's where I'm at with the engine.

SDC11886.jpg

SDC11887.jpg

I decided not to go with the usual Ford blue engine, nor did I want to go with a monochromatic or custom color. Instead, I did a search into vintage Mustang engine colors, and I found the late 60's 289 engines were black with gold valve covers and air cleaner. I did something similar, using a Ford gold paint, with a black block and heads, aluminum oil pan and transmission, gold cam covers and intake manifold, and chrome supercharger. I think it's different, vintage yet modern, and the gold will complement the blue that I plan on painting the car.

• 7 years later...
23 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Boy Rex, you dug deep for this one.

At least Jordan is still an active member, so maybe we can prod him to get working on this one again...if he still has it. ?

The Otaki/Doyusha 1/12 scale kits are intriguing, especially considering the subject matter choices, hence, Rex's interest in this one. ?

Edited by Casey

26 minutes ago, Casey said:

At least Jordan is still an active member, so maybe we can prod him to get working on this one again...if he still has it. ?

The Otaki/Doyusha 1/12 scale kits are intriguing, especially considering the subject matter choices, hence, Rex's interest in this one. ?

Who me?  ?  Maybe it’s going through a few modifications.

E8DB4F22-4478-480A-B6AC-27E2635731EC.jpeg