Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:24 revell murder nova

WayneG89

Seems like you need to build it since 17? people have looked and no one has said yes. I thought it was a cool looking car, but thing's can get lost very quickly in 1/25 scale when you black them out. Here is the murder Nova for the many of you that had no idea what Wayne was asking haha.

no_zps66838be3.jpg

no2_zps0931877c.jpg

Hmmm.... I'm on the verge of a completed upgrade of the AMT '66 Nova to include a totally maxed out interior with homemade rollcage, coiled wire detail for a transbrake to the upgraded B&M shifter, Kirkey sets, NOS & fire bottles, detailed original 327, open headers, pro mod wing and wheelie bars. I have the stock hood/pro stock scoop painted flat black and just got an outlaw hood. I was going to seal the hood and mount twin turbos I got off Ebay, but they are only clocked one way. I don't want to got to all the trouble of reworking the engine just for a single turbo behind the grill. The car will be painted purple metalflake, as will the cowl hood. I'll then be able to swap hoods for grins.

I really like the attitude of this "murder" Nova. Any idea the mm of the turbo? They were all the rage in Mustang racing, pretty much putting Vortech out of business, but Procharger has kept pace. It's been so long since I raced my Vortech 'charged '93 Hatch that the Novi 2000 was the monster of the day, along with the Vortech X-trim.

BTW, that launch pic reminds me of 1/8th mile tracks in the south years ago. Some would roll up with a tree, set up the beams at the start/finish lines and let 'er rip. You were lucky if there were any jersey barriers or metal barriers for fan protection.

I'd love to build it...that being said, everytime I start something, takes at least....hmmmm, 5 years it seems. (just to get halfway).

Seriously, i've thought of one of my current projects seriously blacked out like this, think it would be cool.

• 4 months later...