Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car memes

Austin T

Ha! Isn't that true. All boards and clubs have their armchair modelers who will super criticize everything you build, but you've never seen a single model that they've built. There's a guy in my club like that. Big expert. When I first joined the club he took me over the coals on my first build. He told me he 'disqualified' me from the little club contest because I used Krylon paint and you weren't supposed to do that. I almost quit the club over that! And close to 30 years later I'm still waiting for him to plop something down on our display table.

Yes... and when they do nothing but slam the work of others, what good are they doing? What would you give to behold the horror show you know is on their shelves, assuming they build at all. :D That meme is directed at those types.

I know quite a few members here who don't post their models- either because they can't or don't want to- who are always willing to provide constructive criticism, information about kits or 1:1 vehicles, and trade for kits and parts. Their credibility is lot harder to question than the other type, who pretty much just show up to troll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...