Model Cars Magazine Forum

lx mustang outlaw

Andyoutlawlx

Wow this thing is sick looking! If I may... where did you score the Pro Charger from as well as somethings like the electronics (Koni, Race Pak Dash, Big Stuff, MSD, etc)? Also, can you share your secret on making those welds on the intercooler tubing? Those look dynamite! And how about that shifter and accessories on the front side of the motor (Crank Trigger, MSD, etc)?

Stunning work!

• 3 weeks later...

Andy - I used to race NMRA a long time ago when the NOVI 2K and the Vortech XXX still had a chance. I could swear that's a more properly turbo position than a Procharger, since the Pro's a centrifugal. Nice work on the 'cooler, although I don't think NOS and a blower would pass tech at Orllando's World Street Nat's LOL. Can you clarify?

• 7 months later...

Andy: I didn't catch what scale this is, but if it's 1/25 I'm blown away by your scratch detail improvisation. Even if it's 1/16, it's mind blowing. I can't even fathom all the thought put into this effort much less the execution. Did you hand make the mag? If not, where I can I find these in 1/25 scale? I don't know if you've visted Ted's website, but he carries a lot of Protech's parts like the crank triggers and other hardware.

Again congrats. And I wasn't trying to dis your use of a turbo for the procharger setup. I've only seen them mounted off to the side like the Novi's and Vortech units.