Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 El Camino

Another one of my all-time favourite designs and one of my favourite kits, too. Finished this one this summer, paint is Zero base coats with Tamiya clear, wheels are from the kit but wear Modelhaus tyres and hubcaps.
(BTW My camera wasn't able to distinguish between the Chevy engine orangey/red and the body red but the difference IS THERE!)

e7a92a315ad1afefca_zpsic8thr0x-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

29971e071aabae6dee_zps15ff3f82-vi.jpg

53887af564c745eda7_zpshu7r9v1s-vi.jpg

6fb9e803a427f5a16e_zps575a862f-vi.jpg

f0b34affbda1e1dc66_zpsdlujom6o-vi.jpg

On the other side of this model I had an unfixable paint mistake on the driver's door so I put this decal over it. Since it would now be a "two-sided" car, I decided to go with black-walls too while I was at it.

0395b06e1ca07ebd69_zps775daada-vi.jpg

e39c15478bc7f8b093_zps80de15a8-vi.jpg

Edited by peekay

Very nice X-Frame Chevy! I really like these bodies a lot and you did excellent job with this build. I like the look with body colored steelies and hubcaps, also the white walls fit very nicely to this. The other side with that text and black wall tires looks very good, too. Very nice engine detail, but as a fan of those "W" Engines, I'd like to see a better picture of it...It looks so good from here!