Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bandit Resins

I've been saving all year to get this one . A 1961 Mercury Comet . I did get it last Saturday . It is excellent . A little flash , one place needing spot putty . I've soaked , cleaned (electric toothbrush using Comet Scouring Powder) , no really Comet . Adhesion promotor , first primer surfacer . The body work begains . I hope to thve this completely painted before the snow flies . Good Luck . This is my second buy from him , I'm a happy Camper . I bought the Lacqure Paint for this and a '61 Falcon in the '90's from MCW . I just did not locate the Comet until January . Happy , Happy , Joy , Joy ! Thanx ..

John, I actually know ken an his wife personally . Ken is a "NO NON- sense kind of a guy . He's not jovial in a crowd , infact , he's usually all business all the time . He really puts out a quality product and I can see it every time he's made a transaction at shows . Buying a resin product from Bandit resins means you're getting a first rate product .............

John, I actually know ken an his wife personally . Ken is a "NO NON- sense kind of a guy . He's not jovial in a crowd , infact , he's usually all business all the time . He really puts out a quality product and I can see it every time he's made a transaction at shows . Buying a resin product from Bandit resins means you're getting a first rate product .............

More likely to get his wife to chit chat than Kenny himself. They are great people and definitely an asset to this hobby. Hated that I missed the CKM show last month, wanted to get a couple of things from him.

Better be quick if you want to paint before snow, John. being in Indiana, it could happen tomorrow. LOL

You aren't kidding . 38 degrees this morning / overnight . If this misses the "Paint Room" located in the great outdoor sthere is next season next year . Thanx ..

Bandit Resin's '53 Studebaker post coupe is absolutely perfect, and it's priced reasonably. It'll require less prep than the body in AMT's '53 hardtop version. I've had mine for 2 or 3 years now, and it hasn't warped a bit. Guess it's about time for me to finally build a replica of the first car that I purchased (in 1962).

Edited by buffalobill

I have dealt with Kenny for over 10 years... I have over 12 of his kits and a ton of his parts... While I have not meant Kenny in person I have exchange hundreds of emails, IM's, and phone conversations with him and he is truly a great guy and an ambassador for the hobby... his product are second to nobody and the subject matter that he chooses in spot on... It is very apparent that his true love is for the dirt track circle burners but it is proven he also loves cars... Of course this is my experience with Bandit Resins and Kenny but for me he get 3 thumbs up!!!... LOL... Dan