Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boyd's Hauler

bandit.93

Hello all, this is my mid 90's model Chevy Silverado 1500. It is a model of an actual truck Boyd Coddington did for a rock singer so I think that says it all. Its pretty much box-stock build except for the wheels but it really didnt need anything else. It has a 350 LT-1 from a corvette, Independent Rear Suspension, 4 wheel disk brakes, and other goodies.

Leave your thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thanks

Silverado001.jpg

Silverado002.jpg

Silverado003.jpg

Silverado004.jpg

Silverado005.jpg

Silverado006.jpg

Silverado007.jpg

Looks good! I'm a pushover for this body Silverado anyway. ;) That is a Testors kit, no? I can tell it isn't the AMT/Ertl version. Do you have any underside pics? I'd like to see how the suspension is set up. That is a pretty cool shade of blue and a great job of shooting there. :blink: What did you use for paint?

Oh yeah, great pics too! :D

Looks good! I'm a pushover for this body Silverado anyway. ;) That is a Testors kit, no? I can tell it isn't the AMT/Ertl version. Do you have any underside pics? I'd like to see how the suspension is set up. That is a pretty cool shade of blue and a great job of shooting there. :blink: What did you use for paint?

Oh yeah, great pics too! :D

Thanks

this is a testors kit. i used rustoleum metallic blue and duplicolor clear.

heres an underside pic

Silverado008.jpg

Thanks

this is a testors kit. i used rustoleum metallic blue and duplicolor clear.

heres an underside pic

Silverado008.jpg

Real truck was the Van Halen Hauler, Boyds red, black and white straight line graphics over the entire boby, later changed to the style shown in the box art illustration. It was given to EVH as a promo thing in '93 or so in a big deal ceremony put on by Sport Truck Magazine.

Great work on the model... I don't think I've ever seen one completed!

Real truck was the Van Halen Hauler, Boyds red, black and white straight line graphics over the entire boby, later changed to the style shown in the box art illustration. It was given to EVH as a promo thing in '93 or so in a big deal ceremony put on by Sport Truck Magazine.

Great work on the model... I don't think I've ever seen one completed!

Yeah the EVH Hauler has always been my favorite version of the 90's Chevy 454SS'. The Original Truck was comissioned by Eddie, as a tribute to his "FrankenStrat" Guitars that help make him famous. The Boyd Hauler was Coddington's Knockoff that was created to be a "Give Away" Truck for STM/Truckin Magazine. Originally it was set to look exactly like Eddie's Truck, and to be given away to a Mag Reader/VH Fan, but Eddie refused to allow another version of his truck, and even threatened a Lawsuit :angry: Boyd changed the Grahics enough, and put his name on it, to allow him to not only build a "Limited Run" of the trucks(I want to say 4-6 were built in total), but also allowed him to license Testors to offer their Kits of the Trucks

Great Job Bandit, always like a Blue Silvy! :angry:

Edited by Dragon7665