Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-600 City Delivery

As I'm stalled on a current build, I decided to do a build I've had in the back of my mind for a while now. I've wanted to do either a mild radical custom or a hot rod truck. I picked up the C-600 at a local show and decided to make it my victim.

Without any direction in mind I figured I'd start with a chop, I took a 1/4" out of it. Then filled the back side windows and headlights.

P9120146_zpsac6eef95.jpg

Next I made a rollpan, relocated the headlights, and added a bit of trim to them so the bottom of the cab was not a flat slab. I also closed up the front wheelwells a bit.

P9140148_zps4b3270d2.jpg

Filler pieces were made for the back of the cab to fill in the new extended wheelwells.

P9140154_zpsda033fe3.jpg

P9140150_zps9f7ce044.jpg

Cut the first door out and fitting the inner wheelwell to the interior tub.

P9140155_zpsd700021b.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Before going much further, I wanted to be sure the engine will fit OK and that the cab will tilt. The engine is fine and with a little trim off the front of the frame rails, the cab tilts nicely.

P9150157_zps656191b9.jpg

P9150156_zpsba5aba92.jpg

I did a temporary Z to the frame to see if I like it. I think it's a bit too much and need to trim it down a bit.

I also have about 3 ideas of what to direction to take this. One idea is to combine it with a current build I have going.

P9170158_zps9498e247.jpg

• 1 month later...

Gonna be real interesting to see what you do with the the engine, exhaust and paint.

Reminds me of the old Willys "gassers" and other crazy kits from the 60's and 70's AMT and Revell used to make.

Totally obnoxious (in a good way) just waiting to happen! Very very cool.

Look forward to seeing more.

• 1 month later...