Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started The Henry J.

walt francis

• 3 weeks later...

PANTHER PINK!

Now I need ideas for the interior, frame and engine color come on all you dreamers help me out here I don't know who told me to go with panther pink but I picked it up and I am liking the idea now I don't know where to go with it now, and as you can see I have made some progress on the frontend I have it all glued and sanded now time for some primer and then filler

edcec873.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but for the frame and engine, why not something else bright like lime green or yellow? Or if you want to go another route, try some pearl paint like black, grey or even white. For the interior, you might try all aluminum and make the rollbar match the frame.

It really depends on what you're going for ... if you're building an authentic '60s gasser look, I'd go for flat or semi-gloss black for the chassis, for sure. I also painted the interior of mine flat black, with Testors black vinyl top paint on the seats.

What you could also do with the interior is paint the floor pan and door panels flat black, then mist on some various Metalizers from a distance to replicate a finish known as Zolotone, which was very popular on drag cars in the '60s.

Ah!!! BUT...

Lots of guys realized that if they broke trying to get a better qualifying time, neccessitating an overnight thrash, they could see what they were doing better lying on their back with a flashlight/Coleman lantern if the underside of the car was painted white or light gray.

Hey Walt I foud this cool Light blUe one online, I am doing mine in a light blue and really like some of this ones details. I also like the colored glass on the darker one. I have some pink plastic from a perfume box you can have if you want. It even fades out to one side so you could make a windshield with a pink strip at the top

henryj1-vi.jpg

henryj2-vi.jpg

henryj3-vi.jpg

Hi

Very interesting model. A very good friend build this at the moment to a Stock version. He build new fenders, new bumpers, new this and new that....! He want to have an original Stock Henry J. , and I will make some pictures of process to show you what he did at the meantime. It is a very great work he did.

Greetings from Germany

Peter

i really love those homely cars. i would like to revert one back to a semi-stock street car one of these days. to park next to the gasser!

I saw this little beauty in the swap meet area at the Good Guys the same day I bought my model

DSCN0618-vi.jpg

DSCN0619-vi.jpg