Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

You will have to post a picture of that happening! It's a cool event.

One time I was at a local junkyard in NJ and I saw an old Honda Accord sitting next to the office with "DON"T TOUCH" across the windshield. I looked at it and asked the guy what was so special. He replied, "Look at the odometer." It had just hit 500,000 miles! He said there was nothing wrong with it, just that the owner achieved the mileage and then junked it. He couldn't bring himself to part it out!

I am planning on it ;)

That is kind of cool, preserving I guess you will the milestone of it hitting 500K

Edited by martinfan5

I'm getting down to the end of this build of Round 2s AMT 62 Thunderbird reissue. I got everything together except the lights windows, and bumpers. Low and behold, I just now realize, there is no red light tree. None, nada, zip, zero! Cero Sombrero :blink: I'll be contacting Round 2 shortly.

Edit

Nevermind, after sending them a message at the url on the box, I discovered the missing parts form and realized my receipt got lost in the mix with all my wife's shopping receipts...can't catch a break today. :angry:

Edited by Skydime

The number one thing that annoys me is when people talk about how easy motocross is and that the bike does all the work and that we are just a bunch of environmentally unconscious rednecks and so on. . . That is my main hobby outside of car modeling, and I can tell you that it honestly is the toughest sport in the world. I don't know of any other sport that takes the type of balance between skill and fitness, yet people just choose to believe that their beloved stick and ball sport is supreme in every way. It is sort of nice that it has such a small but passionate following, but at the same time I would like to see it get the credit it deserves.

UPDATE

Got a very nice response from Round 2 about my taillights. Too bad I couldn't find the receipt.

Josh, how in the world could someone that rides motorcycles be called environmentally unconscious? I've never rode a dirt bike but, don't motorcycles usually get like a billion miles per gallon? What do they want you to do, go get one of those Razor electric dirt bikes from Walmart? :blink:

I suppose this is an indication that I spend too much time in front of the TV but here is one that just irritates the heck out of me more and more. Credit card ads that tout giving you, are you ready for it? extra points or miles! 2 times miles, 10 times points, 15 times celery. :blink: Who cares? You are giving me something that is not comparable and has no value the way you just told me. I get 20 times point if I use the card at a restaurant? Really? :huh: And that is worth what to me????? So just what is that point or mile worth. Are we all so stupid that they think they can trick us into getting their credit card because they with give us a gagillion points with each purchase? Just plain stupid to advertise points or miles unless you tell us what they are in some real term. :angry:

I suppose this is an indication that I spend too much time in front of the TV but here is one that just irritates the heck out of me more and more. Credit card ads that tout giving you, are you ready for it? extra points or miles! 2 times miles, 10 times points, 15 times celery. :blink: Who cares? You are giving me something that is not comparable and has no value the way you just told me. I get 20 times point if I use the card at a restaurant? Really? :huh: And that is worth what to me?????

You can redeem those points for things-- gift cars, electronics, airline tickets, etc., so they actually do have a real, tangible value.

Well how about this, guy on FB, pop a video, it shows how he is, well burning up a model, yea with fire, seems the reason is, he sent the money to the guy, the guy took 6 days to send the car, and along with the car, he also sent a wired Hemi as an apoligy (?) to the buyer, well said buyer, torched it, ummmm, just how stuped can people be, so wish I could show ya the videi, but hey I can post the link, If ya really wanna see it, just scratches my plastic, that a 46 year old man can be such a child?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/264141337062536/

first video of the page

Edited by Gothic Kustomz

The number one thing that annoys me is when people talk about how easy motocross is and that the bike does all the work and that we are just a bunch of environmentally unconscious rednecks and so on. . . That is my main hobby outside of car modeling, and I can tell you that it honestly is the toughest sport in the world. I don't know of any other sport that takes the type of balance between skill and fitness, yet people just choose to believe that their beloved stick and ball sport is supreme in every way. It is sort of nice that it has such a small but passionate following, but at the same time I would like to see it get the credit it deserves.

You need to try Chess ! :lol::D:P^_^-_-B) Sorry I had to say it .

You can redeem those points for things-- gift cars, electronics, airline tickets, etc., so they actually do have a real, tangible value.

Casey,

I am well aware that they have value. I have been in United's frequent flyer program since 1976. My point is that they use points or miles to obscure what you are actually getting. A point/mile could be worth anything for 2X points on card A may be the same thing as 10X on card B. They can change the value of points at the drop of a hat so an ad campaign can look better. The ads are basically saying "Our card is better because we give you two times points with your purchase." Is that good??? You can't tell. You don't know what a point is and what it is worth. Couldn't they just say 3% back on purchases? Well yes, but it doesn't sound as sexy as five times points.

Bosses who cannot see beyond the tip of their noses.

Two weeks ago we were told the entire state building would be off the power grid tomorrow. No lights, computers, no nothing. I rally the troopps and we make a plan for the day watch, we have to work but it'll be old skool paper and ink.

I ask the bosses what are my computer resources for record checks, bookings, etc. I'm told it's all set up, with the RENO office.

NOT

No one gave a thought to the fact that the freakin' state wide server is in OUR building. No power, no power rangers. No help from Reno either.

The new chief of the division was incandescently p'd off when I pointed this out. The guy thanked me for thinking ahead and took it upon himself to "straighten this stuff out".

I'm glad I will not be attending the command staff meeting Monday morning.

G

Lets see ................ last February I had my upper ball joints and upper A arm bushings replaced at my local Firestone. On Wednesday this happened to my wife at 55mph, in the left lane of US275. The bolts that hold the ball joint to the A-rm where apparently not tightened properly and sheared off. It's amazing to me that this didn't cause her to crash. Very lucky.

2013-10-05102119_zps5890b362.jpg

I had an encounter with a stupid young man on a crotch rocket. The kid is an idiot. I am on an on ramp to a major freeway here in So Cal in my MR2. Typical on ramp that is three lanes(one is the HOV lane) that narrows down to one merge lane. I get on and as far as I can see I am alone on the ramp. Midafternoon so traffic is light so I decide to punch it and get up to speed quickly to merge and have a little fun. About three quarters of the way down the ramp I hear him coming up behind me and see the blur as I get about 50 feet from the point at which the lane is only one car wide. I'm doing 7o or so and he goes blowing by out on the sholder, looks back, shakes his fist and flips me off, then gets on the freeway and pops a wheelie. Are you kidding me! See your picture in the obits idiot.

Edited by Pete J.