Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

You sure don't want to be driving in Citrus County, FLA, Harry. Those idiots are everywhere and they don't respond to a honking horn.

I've forced to call these people SOPs - Stupid Old People.

:lol:

Around here, it's not so much old people... mainly just clueless people.

Around here, it's not so much old people... mainly just clueless people.

YUP, exatly Harry, that's all I was around yesterday! Didn't matter if I was in North Aurora, Naperville, Elburn, St. Charles, ect, they were all the same, and usually driving some sort of appliance car from Toyota or Pre-Bailout full sized and FWD Buick!

Around here... mainly just clueless people.

Around here, they're the majority by far.

Yesterday I had an idiot mommie-in-a-minivan slam on her brakes in the middle of an on-ramp immediately in front of me and STOP...in the MIDDLE of the road...and her kid gets out the driver's side rear door, runs around the car to slam the passenger side rear door, then runs back around the car and gets in. Mommie sits there, still in the middle of the ramp, no attempt to pull to the side or the apron, and talks over her shoulder to the kid for another 30 seconds. Cars are backing up behind and honking, pulling over on the left apron trying to pass, and the car door opens AGAIN and the kid gets out to run around the back of the van to slam the door... yet again. This is in peak rush hour traffic. Then when she finally moves forward, she hammers the throttle and cuts across 3 lanes of fast-moving interstate, from the ramp lane, with no signal or any attempt to match speeds. Several cars have to take evasive action to avoid hitting her.

Not a clue. How do these people live long enough to breed?

Around here, they're the majority by far.

Yesterday I had an idiot mommie-in-a-minivan slam on her brakes in the middle of an on-ramp immediately in front of me and STOP...in the MIDDLE of the road...and her kid gets out the driver's side rear door, runs around the car to slam the passenger side rear door, then runs back around the car and gets in. Mommie sits there, still in the middle of the ramp, no attempt to pull to the side or the apron, and talks over her shoulder to the kid for another 30 seconds. Cars are backing up behind and honking, pulling over on the left apron trying to pass, and the car door opens AGAIN and the kid gets out to run around the back of the van to slam the door... yet again. This is in peak rush hour traffic. Then when she finally moves forward, she hammers the throttle and cuts across 3 lanes of fast-moving interstate, from the ramp lane, with no signal or any attempt to match speeds. Several cars have to take evasive action to avoid hitting her.

Not a clue. How do these people live long enough to breed?

Because there are a million laws and regulations to save us from ourselves. If we could get rid of all the warning labels and safety signs that clutter everything and are practically stuck to your forehead, then the problem would likely sort itself out.

Heading home from Chicago today I had a couple SUV's ahead of me by several car lengths with one that was starting to pull onto an exit ramp when the SUV driver in my lane suddenly slams on their brakes to slow down to get in line behind the other SUV when the that driver suddenly slams on their brakes for no apparent reason. Seeing this, I get on my brakes to make darned sure I don't end up in that mess and the next thing I know, my Sister starts yelling at me telling me not to turn onto that ramp and I start yelling back at her that I was trying not to run into these idiots in front of us and had no intention of turning there.......her BF was silently sitting behind her in the back seat.....I think she pulls that nonsense on him too, no matter who's driving.

Heading home from Chicago today I had a couple SUV's ahead of me by several car lengths with one that was starting to pull onto an exit ramp when the SUV driver in my lane suddenly slams on their brakes to slow down to get in line behind the other SUV when the that driver suddenly slams on their brakes for no apparent reason. Seeing this, I get on my brakes to make darned sure I don't end up in that mess and the next thing I know, my Sister starts yelling at me telling me not to turn onto that ramp and I start yelling back at her that I was trying not to run into these idiots in front of us and had no intention of turning there.......her BF was silently sitting behind her in the back seat.....I think she pulls that nonsense on him too, no matter who's driving.

Chicago you say, It appears we have something in common. I live in Arizona but a majority of Retirees here are from Chicago, and other places east, and north. And yes they're driving skills, or Lack there of. Have followed them here.

Grabbing a box of vinyl gloves instead of latex , yes, that irked me :angry:

And the missing bag of flour tortillas , I know they came home from the store, I guess the grew legs and ran away

did you bring them home in the trunk / look toward the front of the trunk compartment. Don't know how many times I've discovered lost food stuffs up there. Gotta tie them bags shut when you put em in the trunk.

On the new Nissan I've got little hook thingies in the back that holds em in place. You can get some at a dealer. B)

Well naturally their driving habits are going to follow them there. Do you think that after 50+ years of driving, that they're gonna change their driving habits????????????????

And yet they'll probably complain about how bad the local drivers are.......

We've run into a few of that particular motorist down in Branson, MO......as bad as they are in this area, they somehow qctually get worse in the Ozarks?!

did you bring them home in the trunk / look toward the front of the trunk compartment. Don't know how many times I've discovered lost food stuffs up there. Gotta tie them bags shut when you put em in the trunk.

On the new Nissan I've got little hook thingies in the back that holds em in place. You can get some at a dealer. B)

The only thing I can think of is my mom went shopping with us, and she had her bags in the trunk as well, and I might of left in there by mistake thinking it was hers.

We take the Jetta to the store now most times, so my Nissan's grocery shopping days are very little now

Chicken fajitas last night. Chili tonight. Shrimp tomorrow night. Wednesday night is burgers.

Love those burgers. What irks me : got married and everyone said " Hope you like burgers. " even got a 365 ways to cook burgers cook book as a wedding present. Been married 44 years and I can count on both hands how many times we've had burgers ( at home) " they're not good for you" :(:huh::blink: