Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Insurance companies taking their sweet time paying on a claim.

Sorry to hear that Mark.   The State Farm estimator who came to my house wrote me a check on the spot.  They told me to hire my contractor and they'd pay them any difference directly.  

Edited by Tom Geiger

Sorry to hear that Mark.   The State Farm estimator who came to my house wrote me a check on the spot.  They told me to hire my contractor and they'd pay them any difference directly.  

Thanks Tom...we already spent a ton on things out of pocket because we had to and with a already challenged house budget you can imagine what its doing here to us.  Been almost a month...never had this issue with them before always been good to us.  First the adjuster forgot to sign off on a form and now its a waiting game that I am getting tired of....if its not here today Monday they will get a call from me.

For inserting dynamite? :o

Don't have dynamite, got a bunch M80s. M80s might take some time.

Have an old water softener, poorer the salt in the hole in the stump. Really need to rent a stump chipper. Don't want the stump's roots to rot, could spread to the new trees that were just planted to replace the eucalyptus.

My irk of the day is with myself. Since it will be 115 here today I told my wife I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby early. I wanted to see if they restocked the shelves with different models. So off we go. I pick out a couple and then search for someone to unlock the paint cabinet. I finally found someone and picked out 2 cans of spray and some glue. At this location at least you can't take the paint to the register, they have to. When they bring it up they put it on a shelf below the counter. My wife still wanted to browse so we did. When we made it to the register we were busy talking to the girl and bringing up the coupons on our phones. We completely forgot about the paint and glue. Did not remember till I arrived home. Oh well, my fault for forgetting to ask for it. Not going back out, too hot !                                                                                                                                                                                                      

I pick out a couple and then search for someone to unlock the paint cabinet. I finally found someone and picked out 2 cans of spray and some glue. At this location at least you can't take the paint to the register, they have to.

Gotta love stores that assume that all their customers are criminals!  I do that ONCE,  then never go back.  There are way too many stores.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Stupidity and ignorance in the general population...but they have become so ubiquitous I sometimes think people now TRY to be morons...like it's somehow cool to be a know-nothing idiot.

Edited by XJ6
Deleted

Speaking of stupidity, today for the umteenth time I attempted to start a new topic and include a photo. No go on the photo! Now I'm not a young guy weened on computer technology ...this tablet I bought 2 years ago and EVERYTHING I do with it is self taught. No, I don't have buddies or kids to clue me in to what I'm missing. So until I figure it out, I'll not be sending any photos of any work I do. Thanks for bearing with me, just had to get that off my chest.:angry:

Speaking of stupidity, today for the umteenth time I attempted to start a new topic and include a photo. No go on the photo! Now I'm not a young guy weened on computer technology ...this tablet I bought 2 years ago and EVERYTHING I do with it is self taught. No, I don't have buddies or kids to clue me in to what I'm missing. So until I figure it out, I'll not be sending any photos of any work I do. Thanks for bearing with me, just had to get that off my chest.:angry:

Do not feel bad Wayne....I have tried so many times I have almost given up on it....everyone says its easy...well maybe to them anyway.

EBAY irked me today.  For the fourth time this week a model/promo I was bidding on got sniped at the last minute and I lost by ONE dollar.  I know it happens all the time and not just to me, but I really hate those people using those sniping tools.  

Not Highway approved. Yes this Person was on the 101 in front of me, I backed way off. Yes thats a Fiero with bike on the back. Note the ONE tie down. 

IMG_3781.thumb.jpg.371337492ced8d674b9ee

Now that's just plain Stupid I would Scrap the Car (junk) and 

And the Driver ? keep the Bike looks like a 

Good one ? 

Don aka XJ6 ?

Edited by XJ6

EBAY irked me today.  For the fourth time this week a model/promo I was bidding on got sniped at the last minute and I lost by ONE dollar.  I know it happens all the time and not just to me, but I really hate those people using those sniping tools.  

You do know that the person who out bid you may have not just bid $1 more don't you.  The other person may have put a bid in for $100 more, it is just when someone bids they eBay system will only go over last bid by the minimum bid increase amount.  I don't eBay a lot, but when I do, I set an amount for the maximum I will pay and then put that in at the last minute.  If I get it for less, great.  If not then I didn't over pay for it.  As far as I am concerned bidding at the last minute with the maximum you are willing to pay is the only real way to play eBay's game.  It is a bit like poker.  I am not going to show my cards until the final show down. 

Yeah Pete, I've been buying on EBAY for a couple of years now and usually bid with a maximum amount that I'm willing to pay for that item.  Unfortunately I'm not always able to be on the computer to place my bid "at the last minute".  I've been fairly lucky though because eventually another auction will list for another of those same items, and I've won several of those.  I'll just keep on keepin on.