Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I've gotten cases of beer with a can or two empty!  Enough to tick you off, but not enough to get in the car and drive all the way back to the store... especially in Ed's situation!

Just remembered!  One of the final checks as the cases roll off the line is the finished cases go over a scale that is looking for the exact weight.  Supposedly it's good enough to detect a missing bottle cap, never mind a missing 12 ounces of beer!

Just remembered!  One of the final checks as the cases roll off the line is the finished cases go over a scale that is looking for the exact weight.  Supposedly it's good enough to detect a missing bottle cap, never mind a missing 12 ounces of beer!

My Dad worked at the then new Schlitz Brewery in Van Nuys for a short while. His job was to knock unfilled and low fill bottles onto a grate that drained into the Sewer. Things sure have changed in the years since then.

People with automatic headlights?    

People with automatic headlights in their other car?   :P

Automatic headlights have to be switched to the "auto" position to work automatically. If a driver sees ALL the other vehicles with their lights on, the driver should notice that his/her lights are not on.

Automatic headlights have to be switched to the "auto" position to work automatically. If a driver sees ALL the other vehicles with their lights on, the driver should notice that his/her lights are not on.

I love it. The whole "automatic headlight" thing was supposed to help idiots too stupid to turn their lights on be safer...so now they've become tech-dependent, assume the car will just pay attention and think for them, and we're right back where we started with morons driving around in the dark with no lights.

Ain't technology wonderful.

I love it. The whole "automatic headlight" thing was supposed to help idiots too stupid to turn their lights on be safer...so now they've become tech-dependent, assume the car will just pay attention and think for them, and we're right back where we started with morons driving around in the dark with no lights.

LOL! It sure is.....................

My wife's 08 G6 auto lights are real sensitive and come on at dusk and overcast days but she does not rely on it and still turns the switch on.

As one who is much wiser than I stated "No Matter How Idiot Proof You Make Things, They Keep Coming Up With Better Idiots".

Also, these same people don't ever think to turn on their parking lights in rainy weather. This helps all of us to see the car in front of you better and possibly avoid an accident. I always think they just figure "I can see just fine so why turn any lights on". It's all about me, me, I, I. No thought about the big picture.

I should clarify the "parking lights" meant the taillights.

Edited by TonyK

Scamming moron SOB phone solicitations.

No, I never answer odd calls from numbers I don't recognize, or that have obviously spoofed ID data...but man...how can so many of these cretins be operating profitably enough to stay in business?

I naturally put call block on all of them as they come in, but every day, there are more.

Just exactly WHEN did a phone go from being for the communication convenience of the owner to an open invitation to be constantly hounded by thieving scumbags?

And WHY does the FCC turn a blind eye to the abuse? Surely, with today's technology, if there was any REAL desire to put a stop to this crappola, it could easily be done.

I had a landline with an unlisted number for 15 years, but couldn't escape the robo-callers or the various "charity" callers (Police Benevolence etc <_< ) who were apparently part of a large group that bought and sold working phone numbers.  I thought I'd outsmarted them when I bought a Panasonic phone set (KX-TGC222S) that allowed me to permanently block up to 30 numbers.  I used all my blocks up in two months.  Posterior orifices, all of them.  

What irked me ? How about I've been waiting on the VA to complete my claim.. 2 years.. but I see in the news today they have a $ 6 +million budget to "refurbish" the lobbies of VA hospitals..  I guess we can at least be comfortable while we're being denied medical services ..

Edited by KingSix

What irked me ? How about I've been waiting on the VA to complete my claim.. 2 years.. but I see in the news today they have a $ 6 +million budget to "refurbish" the lobbies of VA hospitals..  I guess we can at least be comfortable while we're being denied medical services ..

Dan, that would "irk" me too as there always seems to be money for projects but never enough for the things that are supposed to be taken care of first. I know where you're comin' from.

Florida law - wipers on, lights on.

What is wrong with that? A Minnesota law too. It's not designed so you can see better. It's so others can see you better. I'm amazed at how many people can't figure this one out. The same problems running at dusk or dawn. Even if you can see the road okay under those circumstances. Others might not be able to see you.

Thats why some cars like my LeSabre have automatic headlights and daytime running lights. There are too many idiots out there who have never figured out how to use their headlamps properly.

Another pet peeve of mine when it comes to using car lights, are the use of fog lamps when there is no fog, rain or snow. I got a buddy who insists on running with his fog lights all of the time. "Because they light up the pavement right in front of the vehicle." Why do you need the pavement right in front of the vehicle lit up? In clear weather, at speeds most people are running at, you'll over drive the fog lamps beams before they are of any real use. And I find them irritating as they shine into my eyes passing me by on mainly residential streets. What is the point of this?

My computer had been acting weird for the past week or two. Software wasn't working right, the computer seemed to have a mind of its own. Click on a folder to open it... nothing. Drag a file to the trash... a different file got deleted... tried to highlight text so I could make a correction and it was just about impossible to highlight the desired text with the mouse... it seemed like the computer wanted to highlight the text that it wanted to highlight... my Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software was acting totally whack! And those are the software programs I use to create MCM... so production of the mag was getting to be a real PITA.

I was about ready to pack up the computer and head to the Apple Store at Woodfield Mall and hit the "Genius Bar" to see if they could figure out what the deal was. I thought maybe the computer had a virus or something.

Then I had an idea... maybe it's not the computer at all. Maybe it's the mouse that's gone nuts. After all, all the commands I input, I input via the mouse.

So I headed to Walmart and bought a new mouse for seven bucks.

Got home. Plugged it in.

Bingo! The computer was fixed!

:rolleyes:

By the way. I wish people were a bright as the automatic headlamps. I'm also amazed at how many people do not know how to use their signals either. For some reason, people who drive Ford truck around here are worst offenders. I've pointed out to a few friends. They seem to now agree with me about this. And we wonder why?