Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Ok, let me start by making it clear that I absolutely hate, hate, HATE shopping and malls and crowds and that whole scene in general. I much prefer doing my shopping online, but sometimes you just have no choice but to go out into the real world...

And what happens many times, as if shopping itself isn't unpleasant enough, I'll get back to my car in the lot and see that the genius who parked in the spot next to me has left about 5-6 inches between his car and mine. With a car like mine (2-door coupe), the doors are really long and you need a lot of space to swing them open far enough to get in the car. Sometimes I can barely squeeze into my car when these clowns are leaving me so little space to open my door.

And sometimes it's not even the other guy's fault. Many times I've been in lots where the guy next to me was perfectly fine, parked perfectly well in between his lines, and there was still not enough room for me to open my car door. I'm pretty sure that store and mall owners are making the parking spaces narrower, by painting the lines closer together than they used to, just to cram in the most number of cars possible. :angry:

Harry, they will park over the lines in the Handicap parking spaces and i need the room when driving to lift my right leg in with my arm. So i need to be able to open my door all the way. 

Ok all you griping about your NFL teams.  At least they are staying put!  Dean Spanos has been trying to strong arm San Diego into footing the bill for a new stadium for 13 years and it finally looks like he is going to get his wish, except the new stadium is going to be in LA.  Well, after the shaft that San Diego got on the last Chargers negotiations(b

uying unsold tickets) and with an absolute abysmal season (4-12) and no appearance in the super bowl since 1995, they can just pack their bags and go!  The money could be better spent elsewhere(such as a convention center expansion) and the city will not miss them.  Bunch of expensive losers!

Our boss took away our restroom breaks at work tonight. No more potty!

OSHA says...

It’s not enough that employers provide toilets; they also must provide access for employees to use them. According an April 6, 1998, Director’s memorandum to the OSHA Regional Administrators, this OSHA standard mandates that “employers allow employees prompt access to bathroom facilities,” and that “restrictions on access must be reasonable, and may not cause extended delays.” Another issues to keep in mind when dealing with bathroom breaks is that the Americans with Disabilites Act might require extended or more frequent breaks as a reasonable accommodation.

Restroom Breaks

Sanitation standards for restroom breaks are generally covered by OSHA, but mostly by interpretation. The OSHA standards for bathroom usage is under 29 CFR 1910.141(c)(l)(i) and states that employers arerequired to provide their employees with toilet facilities separated for each sex in all places of employment. This standard is interpreted by OSHA to say that “employees will not suffer adverse health effects that can result if toilets are not available when employees need them. Individuals vary significantly in the frequency…” and explains that many factors can affect the frequency including the fact that medical studies show women need to urinate more frequently than men. To read more of the interpretation, click here:  http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=22932

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The young woman at the gun range that said...this(shooting) is much harder to do then Call of Duty."

Oh my sweet baby Jesus, ........................they vote, and breed and............................. whatever................

Pray tell, how old was this misguided youth? 

G

Yeah... in 1985!

That was in the last century! :lol:

Speaking of irksome things, I remember that season well - the Bears won almost every game.

Except one.

The one on which I had placed a $20 bet with my boss's bookie for them to win. (And $20 was half a day's pay for me at the time.)

Haven't made a sports bet since.

Oh my sweet baby Jesus, ........................they vote, and breed and............................. whatever................

Pray tell, how old was this misguided youth? 

G

Between 25 and 30 would be my guess. She was there taking a conceal carry class. 8 hours of training may not be enough for that young lass. Not sure if she passed the range portion of the test...there were not many holes in her target. Which means she could not hit human silhouette target at 21 feet. 

The young woman at the gun range that said...this(shooting) is much harder to do then Call of Duty."

My body irked me today,as soon as I walked outside this morning my bones were telling me the weather was going to be changing and they were hurting bad. I knew a headliner replacement job was going to be at work but not a lifted 4x4 so after a couple trips up in it I took a couple pain pills as I did not want it to turn me into a big grump which it did right as I was finishing it. I was in a major car wreck over 35 years ago and the damage that happened to me is starting to make more noise the older I get so maybe time to get a office job.