Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Here's something that happened today, and happens way too often. Standing in a long line at Tim Hortons, all I want is a coffee. The line was moving fast, until the girl in front of my went up for her order. " Hmmm, I dont know what I want" , and spent 5 minutes deciding what she wanted. What the **** moron ??! You just spent how long in line, staring at your phone, you couldnt decide what you wanted then?

That, is what irkd me today. And the day is still young!

Here's something that happened today, and happens way too often. Standing in a long line at Tim Hortons, all I want is a coffee. The line was moving fast, until the girl in front of my went up for her order. " Hmmm, I dont know what I want" , and spent 5 minutes deciding what she wanted. What the **** moron ??! You just spent how long in line, staring at your phone, you couldnt decide what you wanted then?

That, is what irkd me today. And the day is still young!

That would irk me too, and then there's the person who has tons of groceries and they're rung up and she's searching through her purse for her wallet. Didn't she know that she was going to have to pay???

That would irk me too, and then there's the person who has tons of groceries and they're rung up and she's searching through her purse for her wallet. Didn't she know that she was going to have to pay???

And then there's the person who's very well-dressed, pays for the cart-full of groceries with an EBT card, gets the cashier to ring up the beer and wine on a separate ticket and pays cash, and goes out to a newish Mercedes or Lexus.

I'm irked because it appears I got ripped off on my second trade here. We PM'ed about it Monday,Nov 13th and the last I heard from him was he would box them up that night and they would get mailed Tuesday,Nov.14th. I took a pic of the package I boxed up and sent the tracking # when I mailed his Tuesday. I asked for his tracking on my kits the following Thursday when I saw his were delivered that day. I again asked and told him Friday I was concerned. Crickets. He was on the site Saturday the 25th according to activity but didn't answer either PM.  NUTS!   

I'm irked because it appears I got ripped off on my second trade here. We PM'ed about it Monday,Nov 13th and the last I heard from him was he would box them up that night and they would get mailed Tuesday,Nov.14th. I took a pic of the package I boxed up and sent the tracking # when I mailed his Tuesday. I asked for his tracking on my kits the following Thursday when I saw his were delivered that day. I again asked and told him Friday I was concerned. Crickets. He was on the site Saturday the 25th according to activity but didn't answer either PM.  NUTS!   

Well that sucks. As someone who has been ripped off once, I feel your pain. See the stickied thread in the trade section to read about that whole fiasco!

If you're not getting any response from the guy, I'd say go ahead and call him out on it. Make a post in the trade section, help warn others.

Same scenario with me and about the same day.  My trade started on the 11th.  Trader PM'ed me saying "The wifes got your cobra all boxed up. Should be in the mail in a couple hours"  I also PMed pictures of the sealed inside kit and a copy of the USPS receipt with tracking number.  I have sent three PM's and have not received a reply.  He received the kit on the 15th.  Probably should have been more careful since the trader has only been on the forum since September and the majority of his posts have been in the "Trade" section.

Edited by TarheelRick

The front right tire on the G8 has been low but the tire pressure varies widely due to temps and I have a bad sensor on one of the wheels so the monitoring system is in error mode.  Took off this morning and it rides rides harsh on 45 series tires but it's not pulling.  Turn at the stop sign and I hear crunching....pull over....NOW it's flat.  Safeco's roadside was there in 20 minutes to inflate it and took it to Firestone.  It leaked at the bead so they had to pull the tire reinstall it.

I gave the young guy that blew up the tire $20 and I'm taking the Firestone crew donuts in the a.m. (they were booked but they are the only ones that touch my cars).  Gotta take care of those who take care of me!

The front right tire on the G8 has been low but the tire pressure varies widely due to temps and I have a bad sensor on one of the wheels so the monitoring system is in error mode.  Took off this morning and it rides rides harsh on 45 series tires but it's not pulling.  Turn at the stop sign and I hear crunching....pull over....NOW it's flat.  Safeco's roadside was there in 20 minutes to inflate it and took it to Firestone.  It leaked at the bead so they had to pull the tire reinstall it.

I gave the young guy that blew up the tire $20 and I'm taking the Firestone crew donuts in the a.m. (they were booked but they are the only ones that touch my cars).  Gotta take care of those who take care of me!

And it is a good bet that if that is how you usually look after the people who look after you (donuts), that is why you got in even though they were booked. Little stuff like that gets remembered.  Folks who treat service people decently usually get better service as a result. Little things like that matter. $10 worth of coffee and donuts probably just saved you a 4-hour wait. Or a "come back tomorrow when we have" time response.

And it is a good bet that if that is how you usually look after the people who look after you (donuts), that is why you got in even though they were booked. Little stuff like that gets remembered.  Folks who treat service people decently usually get better service as a result. Little things like that matter. $10 worth of coffee and donuts probably just saved you a 4-hour wait. Or a "come back tomorrow when we have" time response.

I've always noticed that people are quick to escalate things when they get poor service but never stop to say thank you.  Back in the spring, I wasn't able to tip the lady at Ollie's who saw me eyeing up the models and she took me into the back and showed me what else came in.  Yeah I left with another dozen I didn't need but I sent a long winded 'thank you' to corporate who did reach back to me.

Having to work Friday, and ending up almost quitting. Idiot coworker wouldn't do his job, which affected me directly. Was tired (7th day straight working) and not in a good mood to begin with. Supposed to have worked 8 hours, I left after 2.5. I actually started to storm out, then remembered I left my lunch stuff. By the time I got back I cooled off enough to just clean up and go home instead of quitting.

And I get to work with him alone again tomorrow.

Russ

2 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

When I volunteer at The Wall and it's cold I wear a bandanna under my hat.  The only volunteer hat I have is mesh and the bandanna helps with the cold.  The bandanna is stars & stripes, red, white, and blue.  Never had any complaints from anyone.

Let me be the first to say wearing the "Stars and Stripes" on your head is a bit

unacceptable..

5 hours ago, High octane said:

Backwards? And here I thought that was they way they sold them with the bill at the rear of the cap, no?

An older cousin of mine asked a kid with the hat backwards where he got it.The kid told him where. My cousin said he'd been looking everywhere for a hat like that but all the ones he found were meant to be worn with the peak in front. You should have seen the look on that kid's face.

Had a display shelf fall for seemingly no reason. A Heller Ferguson practically exploded on impact with the floor- I still haven't found the hood and front wheel. A few models were damaged, but I'm mostly dealing with a few mirrors knocked off, a couple of minor scuffs in the paint, and a broken-off wheel. All should be fairly easy to deal with. 

Weirdest thing is I'm not as worked up about it as I thought I'd be. I got home and saw it and I just sort of thought "OK, that's weird", and started gathering stuff up off the floor.