Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

A few things.
First that my uncle who had ALS passed away last friday.
Then on mondaynight i got a call that an old friend of mine had been in a car crash and did not survive.
I talked to him on the phone about 30 minutes before it happend..

Then my bad shoulder has decided to act up bad, have barely been able to move that arm the whole day.
My elbow is also giving me a hard time right now as i can barely move that arm because of it
So i have 2 arms that are out of order right now...

Some might remember that in my Scania build i said that my hands/fingers are constantly shaking because of something, today i finally gave up and called a doctor so that they can look at it.
Because the last week they have been really annoying in not doing what i want to everytime i try to something that requres small fine handmovements i have just had to give up.
That is also the reason why some of my new builds are only shown in the showroom because i am not that happy about how some things turned out when i tried to do something extra and my hands ruined everything..
On the next one i post there (sometime tomorrow) some might be able to see alot of mistakes that were made because of that.

7 minutes ago, Belugawrx said:

Better than -10°and 2 feet of snow...? it's summer,...what we've been waiting for ...??

Wait where do u live??Anyone know how Fargo is this time of the year?:DAnd yup another NY heatwave,Fall couldn't come any quicker

17 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Better than -10°and 2 feet of snow...? it's summer,...what we've been waiting for ...??

Sorry I read your post wrong.Your right,it is better than -10,and 2 feet of snow.But like I said,I just hate the humidity.??

Having my driver's windshield wiper blade come flying off during a really heavy rain storm this morning.Ran to Pep boys and threw a new one on.But what are the odds of the thing flying off during some of the heaviest rain storms we have had in a long time?And I never had a problem with it before.:angry:

4 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Having my driver's windshield wiper blade come flying off during a really heavy rain storm this morning.Ran to Pep boys and threw a new one on.But what are the odds of the thing flying off during some of the heaviest rain storms we have had in a long time?And I never had a problem with it before.:angry:

I had that happen on my '86 Mustang during a heavy rain storm in the early 90s.   

On 8/12/2018 at 7:22 PM, Rob Hall said:

I had that happen on my '86 Mustang during a heavy rain storm in the early 90s.   

Happened to my wife in the Dodge Caravan many years ago... of course she drove the rest of the way home, deeply engraving an arch in the windshield. It's still there!  

Tonight I Jumped in my car,to go to a car cruise usually every Sat night.So I look on the weather.It just said cloudy later..When I leave,Its bright sunny.Then about half way there,the sky's opened up.So no show.And now my cable is out cause of the storm.:angry:

10 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Tonight I Jumped in my car,to go to a car cruise usually every Sat night.So I look on the weather.It just said cloudy later..When I leave,Its bright sunny.Then about half way there,the sky's opened up.So no show.And now my cable is out cause of the storm.:angry:

Heh!

When it rains, it pours! :D

Steve

Where do I start? 

Headed to the big Flea Market early this morning.  The drive takes me past an elementary school, and I forgot school had started.  25-mph zone.  A Deputy Sheriff pulled me over to tell me I was going 45 thru the school zone.  But he was a nice guy and only wrote me a warning ticket.

Then the fun really started.  Turned the key and nothing, except a click.  Opened the hood to check things out. Somebody stopped with jumper cables.  When I hooked up the negative cable, found that the negative battery terminal was broken right off. OK, that explains a lot...

Called insurance company's roadside service. Waited in 90-degree heat for about an hour, roll-on truck finally came.  Went to a gas station that sold batteries.  But they didn't have one for my evidently rare and exotic 2008 Mustang convertible.

Drove about another 10 miles to an O'Reilly's.  They had a battery...but on the old battery, the cheap pot-metal long bolt holding the strap/plastic hold-down block was frozen solid with corrosion underneath. (My fault, I know.)  I'll skip another long bout of aggravation, we finally managed to pry the old battery out and get the new one in.

The O'Reilly's mechanic who did the work was a very petite young woman.  I think the battery weighed more than her.  She managed to work a socket wrench, various pry bars, screwdrivers, a hammer and channel-locks without even breaking one of her long purple fingernails.  That was pretty impressive. 

On 8/18/2018 at 7:28 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Happened to my wife on the Turnpike. Blade flew off, metal holder stayed on.  She kept driving home and metal holder dug a deep enough groove in windshield that I had to pay to have it replaced. 

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Drove about another 10 miles to an O'Reilly's.  They had a battery...but on the old battery, the cheap pot-metal long bolt holding the strap/plastic hold-down block was frozen solid with corrosion underneath. (My fault, I know.)  I'll skip another long bout of aggravation, we finally managed to pry the old battery out and get the new one in.

Christmas Day.  My bro-in-law's Honda minivan wouldn't start as his family tried to leave for home at evenings end.  I look and find that a battery terminal end had rusted clear off.  We are at another tool-less family member's home.  I McIver it with tin foil and get it started.  I tell him to get the family home and the very next morning to go to the garage.  I text him a week later to see how that went... he told me the tin foil was still holding!