Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

36 minutes ago, HomerS said:

...Can a dog buy a lottery ticket?  How many times can one dog (Turner) cheat death?

I had a cat a few decades back that wasn't so lucky. He musta thought he was a dog, 'cause he liked to chase cars. Really. One day he caught one, and got a broken front leg. Poor Kat hobbled around the house on a splint/cast for weeks. The day I brought him back from the vet after having the cast removed, stupid cat got out and chased another car. This time, flat Kat.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I had a cat a few decades back that wasn't so lucky. He musta thought he was a dog, 'cause he liked to chase cars. Really. One day he caught one, and got a broken front leg. Poor Kat hobbled around the house on a splint/cast for weeks. The day I brought him back from the vet after having the cast removed, stupid cat got out and chased another car. This time, flat Kat.

That's sad, I would have made a house cat out of him....

Woke up to no heat in my house.Of course,it's about 25 outside,and about 50 in my house.So now I gotta sit here and wait for the repairman to show up,which could be as late as 4:00..I have gas heat,but I can't get the pilot to switch on.So it's very possible it's something more serious.Anyway,great fun on my stinking day off:angry:

3 hours ago, misterNNL said:

The pervasive immorality on television. So many bad influences for our children..

The Lovely Mrs. Snake seems to have found several whole channels on cable that show nothing but freaks and lowlifes and idiots of every imaginable description (and many you can't even imagine). 

14 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

mtv?

That might be one of them. Others are Learning Channel and A&E. Oprah seems to have her own channel now, showing a LOT of Dr. Phil (he might be on one channel or another 24-7 now), and he can usually be counted on for lowlifes and freaks. 

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

The Lovely Mrs. Snake seems to have found several whole channels on cable that show nothing but freaks and lowlifes and idiots of every imaginable description (and many you can't even imagine). 

Snake, there is some stuff on Television that I wonder who is watching this stuff...

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

That might be one of them. Others are Learning Channel and A&E. Oprah seems to have her own channel now, showing a LOT of Dr. Phil (he might be on one channel or another 24-7 now), and he can usually be counted on for lowlifes and freaks. 

Arts & Entertainment (A&E) channel?  The Learning Channel?  I remember when these showed wholesome programs. I haven't watched them for years though (not included in basic cable service I'm getting).  What has this world come to?  I also remember when MTV and VH-1 actually showed mostly music videos. 

Obviously thought, enough people watch the stuff those channels show. I also don't get the popularity of all the reality shows on TV (like the Bachelor or Survivor).

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Arts & Entertainment (A&E) channel?  The Learning Channel?  I remember when these showed wholesome programs.

Here's another update for you: There's virtually no actual history on The History Channel anymore. Although they do have some very interesting programs and I watch them a good bit. 

My daughter turned me on to Southpark a few years ago.  It was cute then and now it's too disgusting to watch.  Too bad.  The characters are great. Current scripts are trash.

Seems like the "in" thing these days is to test the limits.  

7 hours ago, Flat32 said:

My daughter turned me on to Southpark a few years ago.  It was cute then and now it's too disgusting to watch.  Too bad.  The characters are great. Current scripts are trash.

Seems like the "in" thing these days is to test the limits.  

That's like me with Family Guy:lol:.I used to love that show.My girlfriend and I would watch it whenever it was on.But now,I don't know,I just lost interest,and basically stopped watching the show.I think the show has run its course...Oh and what irked me was waking up to 6 inches of the "S" word.

Well I went to get my mail yesterday,and noticed my mailbox wasn't there.Hmm.So I got closer and saw that it was broken and smashed in three big pieces.It was definitely damaged by a snow plow that got a little to close to the curb.My mailbox is not hanging over in the street.Its set enough far back that a plow shouldn't have hit it...I don't know,I guess maybe the driver wasn't paying attention to what he was doing...Anyway I called the local highway dept,told them what happened,and I was surprised when they said they would install a temporary one until the ground thaws,and then the will install a permanent one,at no charge.The Hwy dept stated that there is a list of homes who have the same problem,but that they will try to fix it asap..At least my mail man is being cool about it.He's nice enough to leave my mail in a plastic bag at my front door.Oh and I installed the  mailbox in November:angry::o,and it wasn't that cheap.Oh well,I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

Called in more prescriptions to Walgreens. Ceck to see if they are ready and the two that are are showing 427.98 and 107.98 !!!

Just like last time I'm sure they tried to send it through an old insurance instead of the newest one!

Three times we have taken in the new card and they said it was fixed and this is how well they evidently DIDN'T fix it!

They have 5 differen't insurances in their file and I said just take them out except the new one and they say they can't!!!

Bout ready to change drug stores!!!

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

Called in more prescriptions to Walgreens. Ceck to see if they are ready and the two that are are showing 427.98 and 107.98 !!!

Just like last time I'm sure they tried to send it through an old insurance instead of the newest one!

Three times we have taken in the new card and they said it was fixed and this is how well they evidently DIDN'T fix it!

They have 5 differen't insurances in their file and I said just take them out except the new one and they say they can't!!!

Bout ready to change drug stores!!!

Try a local small pharmacy.You get better service with an independent store,than with one of the chains.I was using Wallgreens for awhile,but I got sick and tired of their LACK of service..And the CVS near me used to always keep me on hold for at least 15 mins.So no more CVS,that's for sure.

23 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well I went to get my mail yesterday,and noticed my mailbox wasn't there.Hmm.So I got closer and saw that it was broken and smashed in three big pieces.

Been there!   Although in my case it wasn't a plow.  There is a cul-de-sac across the road from me that is catty corner to my driveway.  A few years ago on a very snowy morning when they hadn't plowed and no reasonable person would have tried to go out,  I look out my window and see my mailbox on the ground,  with tracks showing a car had come out of the cul-de-sac and slid into it.  The tracks then turned around and went back home!   

My neighborhood has an HOA, and we have a directory, so I emailed all six homes on that street and I got a phone call.  A father connected the small dent in the hood of his Mercedes SUV with the incident and questioned his young daughter...   Our HOA has a "preferred vendor" for mail boxes, so the father paid to have a new post put in.  My mailbox was okay and mounted back on top of the new post.

If you have a COSTCO near bye, you  should check there. I went thru much the same thing both with Walgreens and a couple of different small local pharmacy's. I found my deductible was even much lower at COSTCO, I think it had to do with their volume purchases.

23 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well I went to get my mail yesterday,and noticed my mailbox wasn't there.Hmm.So I got closer and saw that it was broken and smashed in three big pieces.It was definitely damaged by a snow plow that got a little to close to the curb.My mailbox is not hanging over in the street.Its set enough far back that a plow shouldn't have hit it...I don't know,I guess maybe the driver wasn't paying attention to what he was doing...Anyway I called the local highway dept,told them what happened,and I was surprised when they said they would install a temporary one until the ground thaws,and then the will install a permanent one,at no charge.The Hwy dept stated that there is a list of homes who have the same problem,but that they will try to fix it asap..At least my mail man is being cool about it.He's nice enough to leave my mail in a plastic bag at my front door.Oh and I installed the  mailbox in November:angry::o,and it wasn't that cheap.Oh well,I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.

My neighbor across the street has had to install T shaped metal stakes with reflectors on them in his yard. We have fairly flat yards and the street makes a gentle bend in that area. Under a couple of inches of snow it is hard to tell just where the street is. The stakes are from Home Depot and they are a few bucks each. 

2 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Called in more prescriptions to Walgreens.

Heck, try Walmart Pharmacy!  You'd be happy to have Walgreens.

We were Walgreens customers and had a good relationship with the staff there.  Our insurance then told us they wouldn't accept Walgreens and the only store near us on their new short list was Walmart!  So we were forced to change.   If Walmart can screw it up, they do!    If your prescription needs renewing by your doctor... their system sends him an email... if they don't get  a response, they just drop the order without telling you!   I could write a book!

I live in a modular home. Along the back of the house is the kitchen with a dining area. Then a dining room. Small bath and then a bedroom. Under a cabinet next to the sink cabinet Is a kick heater. It does help on the really cold days but it always made quite a bit of noise when it ran. So I recently got new bushings for it and installed them. It did quiet  it down. But now when you are in the small bath. You can hear it run as the vibration noise is transmitting through the copper heat pipes. Funny not in the dining room though. That irritated me today. Got to figure out how to stop it.