Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

10 hours ago, OldTrucker said:

Called in more prescriptions to Walgreens. Ceck to see if they are ready and the two that are are showing 427.98 and 107.98 !!!

Just like last time I'm sure they tried to send it through an old insurance instead of the newest one!

Three times we have taken in the new card and they said it was fixed and this is how well they evidently DIDN'T fix it!

They have 5 differen't insurances in their file and I said just take them out except the new one and they say they can't!!!

Bout ready to change drug stores!!!

I use a local independent pharmacy and they know me and have never had a problem and I just changed drug plans this year. I have done the Wamart and Wagreens thing and it wasn't good 20 years ago....

On 3/7/2019 at 1:48 PM, ewetwo said:

I live in a modular home. Along the back of the house is the kitchen with a dining area. Then a dining room. Small bath and then a bedroom. Under a cabinet next to the sink cabinet Is a kick heater. It does help on the really cold days but it always made quite a bit of noise when it ran. So I recently got new bushings for it and installed them. It did quiet  it down. But now when you are in the small bath. You can hear it run as the vibration noise is transmitting through the copper heat pipes. Funny not in the dining room though. That irritated me today. Got to figure out how to stop it. 

Vibration is accentuated where the pipe hits a hard object, like a mount or wall penetration.  Try insulating the pipe with soft cushioning at those points and the pipe will quiet down.

5 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

The DMV ,  registration expired Feb 28th,  said registration  was renewed two weeks prior to it expiring ,   and yet , I still dont have the new tags and registration ,  bit of an irk.

Couple years ago I got pulled over for not having a new sticker on my plate. I HAD it, I just forgot to put it on. Cops checked it on the computer and told me I was registered, just told me to get it on there and let me go on my way. So if it's registered, you probably won't get arrested or hauled away for it. 

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Vibration is accentuated where the pipe hits a hard object, like a mount or wall penetration.  Try insulating the pipe with soft cushioning at those points and the pipe will quiet down.

That was my next step. Removing the suspended ceiling in the base meant and following it along. But I shut it off seeing the weather is warming up a bit. :-)

19 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

That was my next step. Removing the suspended ceiling in the base meant and following it along. But I shut it off seeing the weather is warming up a bit. :-)

I have gotten preformed pipe wrapping at Home Depot. They carried it in the section with Hot Water Heaters. The foam comes in a couple of different interior diameters and the slit along the side even had an adhesive strip to hold them together after installation.  

56 minutes ago, Flat32 said:

My Pillow commercials 20 or more times a day were driving me crazy 

I haven't seen one of those yet, but hear a lot of them on the radio. 

Personally, I'm sick of TV commercials for insurance, cell phones, prescription medicines for obscure maladies, and anything where I can't tell WHAT they're supposed to be selling (I've found if you guess Target, you'll be right half the time). I remember the good old days, when most TV commercials were for beer or cigarettes or cars named after wild animals, birds of prey, or thrashing sea monsters of one kind or another. :unsure:

Edited by Snake45

Overall there are waaaaaayyyyy too many commercials on TV...... Every 7 minutes you get 10 commercials...... on every channel......at the same time......!!!!!!  I get it that the various networks make their $$$$$$ on commercials...... but come on guys...... enough already...!!!   Remember back when cable TV started, saying there would be no commercials...???  The cable subscribers would pay for it all...... Yeah right...!!!  How long did that last???  And the cable companies keep raising their prices.  I'm not a fan of satellite TV due to weather interruptions.

Yes the commercials have been a bit much lately, especially since I know what brand of car I"m buying next, who's insurance I"ll be buying, what brand of mattress, what cereals I like, and I have doctors to prescribe meds for me also. I always "mute" the commercials whenever they come on, but it is getting old and seems like there are more and more commercials. DANG!

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Couple years ago I got pulled over for not having a new sticker on my plate. I HAD it, I just forgot to put it on. Cops checked it on the computer and told me I was registered, just told me to get it on there and let me go on my way. So if it's registered, you probably won't get arrested or hauled away for it. 

You are correct, but you can still be sited for not having, or displaying current registraion and failing to provide current registration.

8 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Fortunately here in Pennsylvania, you renew your registration online and then print it out. Done!   They stopped issuing annual stickers when they instituted this so it's progress. Other practices in this state still appear to be run by the Amish.

1 hour ago, High octane said:

Yes the commercials have been a bit much lately, especially since I know what brand of car I"m buying next, who's insurance I"ll be buying, what brand of mattress, what cereals I like, and I have doctors to prescribe meds for me also. I always "mute" the commercials whenever they come on, but it is getting old and seems like there are more and more commercials. DANG!

Which is why I never watch live TV anymore.  I save everything on the DVR and  breeze through the commercials.  The other evening I went to watch a show but my wife protested,  "But xxx show is now on!"   I told her that we'd watch what I had already saved and would watch the current show next (it was on our tape schedule) when we could blow past the commercials.    I have found that I can do an hour show on network TV in 50 minutes and some cable networks I can view their shows in 40-45 minutes... yea that many friggin commercials.

And what Irks me lately...   phone calls that my car warranty is expiring!  My cars are old and not under any warranties.  The calls are obligated to say "hit TWO to be put on our "do not call list" , which I do and they still call daily!

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Well this year I put Dads sticker on the wrong plate. It was a colder day and I drove over before work, was in A hurry and did not look at the plate too good. I remember after the fact ( a week later) he got a new plate that was in the front of the car. Good thing he didn't drive it much. LOL I still have to get that straightened out now that it is spring. 

Now that I'm getting older, I find myself becoming less patient at the grocery store. My sick twisted thinking is "keep the traffic moving."  It seems every time, someone stops to look at something right in front of the item I am trying to get. People seem attracted to intersections to exchange life stories with their friends. Some people leave their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle to read the entire label of an item.  More than once I have been trapped in an aisle this way.  If everyone would just get out of my way I would be OK!! (LOL)

You forgot about the person with an overflowing cart in the express/10 items or less lane. Especially if they charge in front of you while all you have is 1 or 2 items because they're in such a hurry but you clearly have nowhere to be. A number of times I've ask what their problem was, couldn't read or can't count.

37 minutes ago, Lizard Racing said:

Now that I'm getting older, I find myself becoming less patient at the grocery store. My sick twisted thinking is "keep the traffic moving."  It seems every time, someone stops to look at something right in front of the item I am trying to get. People seem attracted to intersections to exchange life stories with their friends. Some people leave their shopping cart in the middle of the aisle to read the entire label of an item.  More than once I have been trapped in an aisle this way.  If everyone would just get out of my way I would be OK!! (LOL)

As I've been getting older I have gained more patience which I'm very happy for, as life goes on, even if it takes a few more minutes. I'm grateful for those few more minutes also.

A friend of my recently bought her first house.  Since she lives several hundred miles away, I decided to surprise her by sending a housewarming bouquet. I contacted her sister for advice on flowers & colors etc, and she recommended something from ProFlowers. 

When I placed the order, I specified Saturday delivery since the recipient is a teacher & I thought there'd be a better chance of her being home to accept delivery.   

As luck would have it, she was out all Saturday morning, so the UPS driver left the bouquet on her uncovered front porch during a heavy snow storm.  Long story short, by the time she got home, they were so buried she didn't spot them till the next day.  

I contacted ProFlowers and all they would offer me was 25% off my next order.  Guess what 25% of nothing is?

2 hours ago, Lizard Racing said:

Last time that happened to me, the people involved were near the end of an aisle.  I interrupted and told them that, if they'd move over a couple of feet, they could block two aisles.  If looks could kill, I'd have been dead right there and then.

For a while, I had the luck to run into near-empty carts in the checkout line.  These jokers would leave a cart in line with one or two items in it, then wander off to finish their shopping.  Keep calm, shove that stuff off to the side and carry on.  Now I do my shopping in the off hours, so I don't encounter blocked aisles and such anymore.

People are clueless...  they are so consumed in their own stuff that they don't notice that they are in the way of others.

My favorites at the cash register are people who wait until the cash amount is requested and then go looking for their credit card, or the ladies that will spend precious minutes fishing through the bottom of their huge pocketbook for the last three pennies they need.

A while back I was on a long line at a McDonalds.  At least 10-15 minutes of standing there waiting to order. Everyone had time to figure out what they wanted, and when they approached the cashier they quickly barked their order and moved forward. An old couple was ahead of me.  It was their turn and the lady turns to her husband and asks, "What do you want dear?"  He replies, "Oh, I don't know."   She responds, "How about a fish sandwich?"   He says, "No, I had that the last time"   This went on for a few minutes while she quizzed him on nearly every item on the menu.  I was about to strangle them!

The latest irksome habit I have noticed in grocery stores.....shoppers walking beside their carts, instead of behind, guiding it with one hand and taking up about 3/4 of the aisle.  I am tempted to take a pic and show them how stupid they look, plus how obnoxious the practice is.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

A while back I was on a long line at a McDonalds.  At least 10-15 minutes of standing there waiting to order. Everyone had time to figure out what they wanted, and when they approached the cashier they quickly barked their order and moved forward. An old couple was ahead of me.  It was their turn and the lady turns to her husband and asks, "What do you want dear?"  He replies, "Oh, I don't know."   She responds, "How about a fish sandwich?"   He says, "No, I had that the last time"   This went on for a few minutes while she quizzed him on nearly every item on the menu.  I was about to strangle them!

When that happens to me, I say to them, "I KNOW what I want. Do you mind if I go ahead while you decide?"

Yesterday at the bank I had two deposits and an involved withdrawl to make. There was only one teller available. Halfway through my first deposit, another guy came in and got in line. I asked him, "You just got a simple check to cash or something? I got a bunch of tricky junk going on here and you're welcome to break in." "Naw," he said, "Mine's a little tricky too, I'm in no hurry, but I sure do appreciate the kind offer." 

See, I'm a good person. Well, actually, I'm a pretty rotten person, but for a couple minutes yesterday, I at least tried to do a good thing. B):lol: