Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Well my irked for the day I had a service call at a target store to shut down some refrigeration equipment so another contractor could do their work then I start it back up, appointment time 1300 I'm on site do what I can, due to the check in system I'm locked to this thing until it's done, other contractors arrival time 1645....the irke is because they didn't bother to call when the men doing the work knew they would be late by at least 3 hours well before the appointment and told their boss to hold us off awhile and I had other stuff to do than sit around.

14 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Today's irk,  edger, rocks, and a pane of glass,   I think you can figure out what happened, here is hoping the insurance will cover this

yeZsTh6.jpg

kMzVwcZ.jpg

How much is your deductible on your home owners insurance ? May just be cheaper to replace your self or time for an up grade?  

12 hours ago, cowboy rich said:

Well my irked for the day I had a service call at a target store to shut down some refrigeration equipment so another contractor could do their work then I start it back up, appointment time 1300 I'm on site do what I can, due to the check in system I'm locked to this thing until it's done, other contractors arrival time 1645....the irke is because they didn't bother to call when the men doing the work knew they would be late by at least 3 hours well before the appointment and told their boss to hold us off awhile and I had other stuff to do than sit around.

Can you or your company bill them for stand by ? 

5 hours ago, espo said:

How much is your deductible on your home owners insurance ? May just be cheaper to replace your self or time for an up grade?  

Heck, we cant even them to tell us if it is covered, we believe the deductible is $500, and all but one quote Ive gotten has been over $500,

4 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Heck, we cant even them to tell us if it is covered, we believe the deductible is $500, and all but one quote Ive gotten has been over $500,

The other thing to remember is that this gives them a reason to raise your insurance rates. Unless it's at least $1,000.00 or more I think I'd just do it and not turn it in. 

18 minutes ago, espo said:

The other thing to remember is that this gives them a reason to raise your insurance rates. Unless it's at least $1,000.00 or more I think I'd just do it and not turn it in. 

Right, I don't think we are going to use the insurance on this one , its not really worth it.

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Right, I don't think we are going to use the insurance on this one , its not really worth it.

Chalk it up to a bad decision (wisdom is gained through experience, and experience comes through bad decisions!) and foot the bill yourself.  Next thing to do is start shopping insurance.  If the agent is keeping secrets regarding what is covered and what isn't, he/she isn't working for your best interest...

11 hours ago, espo said:

Can you or your company bill them for stand by ? 

We can and will, so everybody gets paid, it's more I had other things to do that had to be postponed because they couldn't make a phone call. That and I was brought up if you're not 15 minutes early....you're late.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:20 PM, martinfan5 said:

Oh wow, I hope they are feeling better now.

Those two never stay sick very long. They bounce right back way faster than any kids I have ever seen!

Healthy living I guess!

I haven't had the flu or even a real cold since the late 70's! Had the flu in 1978 and it almost killed us both but out kids never got sick!

We get the shot now every year.

What irked me really bad was yesterday.

Went to a dog breeder with a friend to pick up his new puppy. While we were there one of his workers came in and told him there was a problem with on of the beagle pups that were just born. He went out and then came back carrying the pup.

He laid it on a bench and told the worker to go back that he would take care of it when he was done with business.

I could see that it had deformities but was alert and very active. It's left front leg was stunted with the paw where the leg joint should be, the left ear looked like when a leaf just starts to uncurl and it was missing it's left eye. Was solid bone where the eye socket would be.

I asked him what he was going to do to which he replied that her would destroy it.

I told him if he put it back with the mother until it was weened that I would take it and would even pay something for it to cover the time and any costs of it's care. (shots worming and such)

He just said no, picked it up got a 2 pound hammer out of a drawer and walked out the back door! I started to follow but my friend grabbed my by the shoulder and stopped what probably would have been a mistake on my part. So we took his new pup and left.

I didn't sleep much last night still thinking about it.:(

37 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Went to a dog breeder with a friend to pick up his new puppy. While we were there one of his workers came in and told him there was a problem with on of the beagle pups that were just born. He went out and then came back carrying the pup.

He laid it on a bench and told the worker to go back that he would take care of it when he was done with business.

I could see that it had deformities but was alert and very active. It's left front leg was stunted with the paw where the leg joint should be, the left ear looked like when a leaf just starts to uncurl and it was missing it's left eye. Was solid bone where the eye socket would be.

I asked him what he was going to do to which he replied that her would destroy it.

I told him if he put it back with the mother until it was weened that I would take it and would even pay something for it to cover the time and any costs of it's care. (shots worming and such)

He just said no, picked it up got a 2 pound hammer out of a drawer and walked out the back door! I started to follow but my friend grabbed my by the shoulder and stopped what probably would have been a mistake on my part. So we took his new pup and left.

He could go to jail for that. Now if he would put it to sleep would be legal. That would bother me. I wouldn't buy anything from him. This is going to bother me now. I am a animal lover...

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

What a pos, I hope you reported them to the relevant authorities.

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

If he has papers on his dogs he does not want this reported. I have been told they are keeping better track of the health records of the family of dogs, that is everything. 

As others have said report him. 

20 hours ago, cowboy rich said:

We can and will, so everybody gets paid, it's more I had other things to do that had to be postponed because they couldn't make a phone call. That and I was brought up if you're not 15 minutes early....you're late.

Yup, I always followed this old mantra:

If you show up early at your job, you're on time.
If you show up on time, you're late.

If you show up late, you're fired.

4 hours ago, redneckrigger said:

Yup, I always followed this old mantra:

If you show up early at your job, you're on time.
If you show up on time, you're late.

If you show up late, you're fired.

10-4 on that! Had a boss one time that liked to give people a second chance, this kid we had shows up 1/2 hour late with a laundry basket of excuses, I looked at the boss said I dont need him this bad so he tells the kid go home try it again tomorrow and oh by the way my car didn't start today I took a cab and I was time! 

Kid was never late again

8 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

If he has papers on his dogs he does not want this reported. I have been told they are keeping better track of the health records of the family of dogs, that is everything. 

As others have said report him. 

7 hours ago, bamadon said:

Right now I wish I hadn't read oldturckers post. That was just cruelty for sake of cruelty and he should reported.

7 hours ago, stitchdup said:

If the authorities cant or wont do anything there's always the option to report them to those peta nutters and they can make them (in)famous

As all the folks above had said REPORT IT if there was any kind of registration paper report to the kennel club,this is exactly what they are against, humane society the vet everybody to try and shut him down(without getting in trouble). I would also have your friend get the puppy thoroughly checked by a vet, some of the things mentioned can be caused by inbreeding. I hope all the best and hope you guys can shut this puppy mill down!

My irk?   Reading model car advice on Facebook...

Guys telling people to just spray dollar store paint on the model, and that primer is a waste of money.

And that's a good tip!  Of course we don't have any finished models from these experts to review.  

Seriously, we should have some kind of certification to give advise to modelers!

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't make that up the saying has been around longer than I have. The saying does tell the story though. It is hard to say your true feelings about someone's work when they're asking for your opinion. While you want to offer constructive encouragement you don't want to come across like your criticizing their work. I have seen some paint work that has more orange peel than an orange, but the builder is proud of their work. What do you do ??  I guess we all have different standards as to how we think something should look or the style in which it is built. More than once I have had to bite my tongue and said nothing.      

1 hour ago, espo said:

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't make that up the saying has been around longer than I have. The saying does tell the story though. It is hard to say your true feelings about someone's work when they're asking for your opinion. While you want to offer constructive encouragement you don't want to come across like your criticizing their work. I have seen some paint work that has more orange peel than an orange, but the builder is proud of their work. What do you do ??  I guess we all have different standards as to how we think something should look or the style in which it is built. More than once I have had to bite my tongue and said nothing.      

I pick out the bits that i like, then say something like a polishing kit will really make that paint pop/stand out

I've refrained from posting here because a lot of subjects are suggestive but, one thing that bothers me is, trying to find build videos where the builders hands are filthy and nails long and dirty. If they're going to make a video, do something with your  hands or at the very least, clean your nails. I get turned off by so many videos because of this