Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I was involved in something similar, only with a mortgage company. Ocwen Mortgage (the lowest rated servicer of mortgages) decided to enroll everyone in their own version of Angie's List,  for $26 a month.  They did this at the same time we got the annual escrow bump so I didn't notice it right away. 

Soon enough, enough people got upset and complained to their state Attorney General who made them refund everyone!   

Some seriously frighting rain clouds yesterday,that cancelled a car rally..About 10 mins after I took the pictures,the sky opened up.Heavy rain,and I mean heavy,and thunder and some serious lighting.We were waiting to see a tornado, that’s how bad it was out.And it only lasted about 15 mins or so,just enough time to ruin the rally and show...Some guys with T tops that were off, or hard top convertibles that were off,left ,like a bat outta hell.

76EE34A7-AFFE-432E-B613-DF09822548DE.jpeg

C703F91D-9AE2-49BC-B8EC-600671402D19.jpeg

7B4B2B39-12D9-4A8D-86D7-08E043DA6E94.jpeg

DC087377-B266-4654-B4BC-1D006C5B9A6B.jpeg

6 hours ago, my66s55 said:

Are you still bleeding or not. If you are, I can tell you what I went through in 99 & 2000. I came within hours of death. I had to be my own Dr. and diagnose the problem myself or I wouldn't be here today.

I stopped bleeding a couple of weeks ago.  Endoscopy was to try and figure out wher the blood was coming from.  This episode wasn't even close to as bad as I was 4 years ago when I almost died from the internal bleeding.

Some lowlife dirtball helped himself to my truck last night. Went out this morning and my parking spot was empty. And I live in the middle of the country down the lane way that's about 400 feet long. Just a beat up old farm truck but it still leaves me without wheels and without the ability to do a bunch of the farm work.

Reported it stolen and the police have told me that it was already involved in another theft/robbery in a neighbouring town and then was involved in a traffic collision that the guy fleed the scene of in my truck in another neighbouring town. Apparently one of my neighbours a little farther down my road also had their Ford Escape stolen last night. Although the police have already found that one abandoned on a dirt road burnt to a crisp.

I really hope my poor old girl doesn't end up like that. She might not be worth a million dollars but she sure deserves a better end than that.

19 hours ago, Toner283 said:

Some lowlife dirtball helped himself to my truck last night. Went out this morning and my parking spot was empty...

...I really hope my poor old girl doesn't end up like that. She might not be worth a million dollars but she sure deserves a better end than that.

I feel for you. Honest. I hate thieves, and anyone who steals someone's vehicle and burns it really should be put through a wood-chipper. There's no excuse. Period.

I've had a few vehicles disappear over the years, but the worst feeling was noticing one of the rollup doors on my shop slightly open when I came in one morning. $20,000 worth of uninsured tools (when that was a lot of money) gone. The shop was inside a gated industrial area that required a code for access, but as everyone had the same code and there were no surveillance cameras, there wasn't any way to get any decent leads on the scumbag.

1 hour ago, Draggon said:

The lovely city I live in wants to increase the sales tax to 10.25%, add a $60 to $100 property tax surcharge, and has hinted at adding 5 cents per gallon to the state gas tax. 

If I had to guess, your city elders are proposing a number of tax increases knowing that the tax payers will raise Hades about some of them.  The one or ones that get the least amount of resistance will likely get passed.  Crummy way of doing things, but politicians know how to play this game well.

Past couple of weeks we've been having the hottest weather of the year so far. As a result, we've been having light rolling brownouts during peak evening periods as folks are turning up their AC, cooking, and doing laundry when they come home from work. I wouldn't have noticed, but I have a fan that's very sensitive to line voltage, and it cycles down occasionally, then gradually picks up speed.

To make certain I wasn't attributing the fan slowdown to the wrong cause, I plugged an AC multimeter into a wall outlet, and sure enough, the voltage drops when the fan slows.

What this means, in short, is that the power generation and distribution system is incapable of dealing with 100% of the load on it 100% of the time.

I find this to be particularly entertaining when a large part of the population has been convinced that plug-in electric vehicles are a great idea. If the grid...as is... is incapable of dealing with evening air-conditioning loads, I'm curious how it's thought to be capable of dealing with the additional loads of thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions of electric cars all plugged in to recharge at the same time.

The future may be quite interesting for those who've come to rely on things functioning as they have up 'til now.

I ordered a Trumpeter 1964 Ford Falcon on Ebay a few weeks ago. The only place to buy this kit is China. Well it was delivered. But not to my house in Fonda, NY. But to an address in Doral, Florida. I sent a message stating this to the seller but no response. Then I notice his rating section. Guess what. The seller has been doing this all along. So it looks like I'm out some money.

Spoke to the local Post Office and they gave me the address and it seems the address is a business and most like is a scam seeing it was signed for at that address and it wasn't returned to that postal office as mistake. Scammers everywhere. 

Edited by ewetwo

17 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Past couple of weeks we've been having the hottest weather of the year so far. As a result, we've been having light rolling brownouts during peak evening periods as folks are turning up their AC, cooking, and doing laundry when they come home from work. I wouldn't have noticed, but I have a fan that's very sensitive to line voltage, and it cycles down occasionally, then gradually picks up speed.

To make certain I wasn't attributing the fan slowdown to the wrong cause, I plugged an AC multimeter into a wall outlet, and sure enough, the voltage drops when the fan slows.

What this means, in short, is that the power generation and distribution system is incapable of dealing with 100% of the load on it 100% of the time.

I find this to be particularly entertaining when a large part of the population has been convinced that plug-in electric vehicles are a great idea. If the grid...as is... is incapable of dealing with evening air-conditioning loads, I'm curious how it's thought to be capable of dealing with the additional loads of thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions of electric cars all plugged in to recharge at the same time.

The future may be quite interesting for those who've come to rely on things functioning as they have up 'til now.

I read an article several years ago and California regulators were looking forward the interconnected homes and power grid, because when the load on the grid becomes too great, they will be able to turn off appliances in peoples' homes.  Then when the load becomes manageable again, they will turn the appliances back on.  Of course, the A/C units would be the first to go off and then washers, dryers, etc. 

I was shocked that they would actually admit to this in public.  But it certainly means that public utilities will not be able to build to meet the increased demand for the foreseeable future.  When we get to this point, public outcry will likely turn against these zealots, but the future does not look very good.

Just found out Willamette Speedway has suddenly closed due to code violations. Seems they have been told for awhile to fix electrical issues and other things but haven't done it. This is a great dirt track and had the World of Outlaws scheduled to visit on September 4th. My son, grandson and I have been going here every year and I always get the same reserved seats but there's been some funky issues this year with my order and now I know why. Was in contact with World of Outlaws people about it and they were aware of the problems. Guess I might not see them this year. Bummer!