Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

2 hours ago, Oldschool4x4 said:

JOE NAMATH!!!! Will some one please get him off the TV!!

Old Joe was always a ham. He even used to be called Broadway Joe, although that had as much to do about he nights out on the town in New York. He was always one of those types you just kind of enjoyed hearing him tell tales. He may of even out lived his retirement and misses the lime light. So the extra money I'm sure comes in handy and he always enjoyed the attention so there's that. 

13 hours ago, slusher said:

I am so tired of hearing the here comes the Judge on ever GTO Judge that comes across the block. The guys do a good job in my opinion...

And Pontiac never used that phrase to promote the car!  It was part of an old vaudeville routine, and the creator of it copyrighted all of his material because theft was rampant in those circles.  Pontiac didn't want to pay to use the phrase, so they worked around it.

13 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Gotta love it! ?

Went to get copies, drove the pickup, when I pulled in to park, had to swing wide to avoid a car parked on the dividing line, but parked in the center of my diagonal space.  When I came out, saw a napkin on my dash (window was down) with writing:
YOU PARKED TOO CLOSE TO MY CAR, I CAN'T GET IN IF I NEEDED TO LEAVE.
I went back in, wrote on the other side of napkin:
YOU ARE ON THE WHITE LINE, THAT WOULD GET YOU A TICKET.  NOT MY PROBLEM.  LEARN HOW TO PARK.
Put under the windshield wiper.  Wish I took pictures.

Cute, but just not my thing.

The first SNOW, at least 3,4 inches.And my Jeep’s 

21 hours ago, espo said:

Old Joe was always a ham. He even used to be called Broadway Joe, although that had as much to do about he nights out on the town in New York. He was always one of those types you just kind of enjoyed hearing him tell tales. He may of even out lived his retirement and misses the lime light. So the extra money I'm sure comes in handy and he always enjoyed the attention so there's that. 

Who cares, he was a great foot ball player.Thats all that counts ,right?One thing,though,the ladies loved him when he was young..Well, he hasn’t aged well.His face looks like the Grand Canyon.No I’m joking, he seems like a great guy, and remember, he’s the only winning Jets Super bowl quarterback.???? Ra ra ra!!!!

8 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

The first SNOW, at least 3,4 inches.And my Jeep’s 

Who cares, he was a great foot ball player.Thats all that counts ,right?One thing,though,the ladies loved him when he was young..Well, he hasn’t aged well.His face looks like the Grand Canyon.No I’m joking, he seems like a great guy, and remember, he’s the only winning Jets Super bowl quarterback.???? Ra ra ra!!!!

I agree and meant no disrespect to Joe. As for ageing, trust me when I say you have to be brave to get old. 

Here in the Philly suburbs the snow was a minor inconvenience.   A few inches that turned to rain yesterday afternoon, it's already melted off the street and walks.  Its 37 degrees right now so the rest of the snow will melt off quickly. It will be in the 40s later in the week.

From my son's school yesterday afternoon.......

Due to a sharp increase in the number of students who are absent from school because of illness, the XXXXXXXXXX School District will be closed on Friday, January 31, 2020. All after-school activities and athletic events will go on as scheduled. We are taking this proactive measure to allow time for our custodial crew to give our classrooms and common areas a deep clean

Wait?  So they are doing the deep clean but the home basketball games tonight and tomorrow night (in the gym) and the dance (in the cafeatorium) will still go on.  Are they infecting attendees to these events or cleaning today so they have a new batch of germs for Monday?

1 hour ago, HomerS said:

Due to a sharp increase in the number of students who are absent from school because of illness, the XXXXXXXXXX School District will be closed on Friday, January 31, 2020. All after-school activities and athletic events will go on as scheduled. We are taking this proactive measure to allow time for our custodial crew to give our classrooms and common areas a deep clean

Wait?  So they are doing the deep clean but the home basketball games tonight and tomorrow night (in the gym) and the dance (in the cafeatorium) will still go on.  Are they infecting attendees to these events or cleaning today so they have a new batch of germs for Monday?

You're expecting common sense from anyone in the 21st Century American education system? Really? 

I like to give these young cashiers a bill larger than the amount due and then give them some change for the amount that is under a dollar just to watch their heads explode.  They'll inter in the cash register the amount I've given them and not being sure what's happening when the register tells them how much change they're to give back to me. They look at the register, then the cash drawer, then the register and start giving me my change. You can tell they really aren't sure what's going on. I smile and put the change in my pocket to leave and the person at the register is now looking at me like I have pulled a fast one on them. I am not mean but sometimes with one of these "Here you Go, have a nice day" cashiers instead of the phrase "Thank You" that is almost never heard these days I just can't help myself. 

3 hours ago, espo said:

I like to give these young cashiers a bill larger than the amount due and then give them some change for the amount that is under a dollar just to watch their heads explode.  They'll inter in the cash register the amount I've given them and not being sure what's happening when the register tells them how much change they're to give back to me. They look at the register, then the cash drawer, then the register and start giving me my change. You can tell they really aren't sure what's going on. I smile and put the change in my pocket to leave and the person at the register is now looking at me like I have pulled a fast one on them. I am not mean but sometimes with one of these "Here you Go, have a nice day" cashiers instead of the phrase "Thank You" that is almost never heard these days I just can't help myself. 

Yeah I try to keep change on me otherwise whatever I end up buying costs $xx.20.  When I give the young person bills only, I know I'm getting eight dimes instead of three quarters and a nickel.  

On 1/31/2020 at 1:35 PM, HomerS said:

My son was out 30th and 31st and he is of next Thursday and Friday, why didn’t they make it a week?

11 hours ago, slusher said:

My son was out 30th and 31st and he is of next Thursday and Friday, why didn’t they make it a week?

Because of the way the state governments figure the funding model for public schools might be a good place to start looking. The school districts can close for only so many days and be funded for that time they are closed. Often called "snow days" and other names that they will get paid if the students "make up the time" with additional hours in the school day. One of the local school districts has adding just a few minuets to the school day to make up the time. 

Was on my way to the monthly local toy show this morning and my car died. Just flat died for no apparent reason. I had enough momentum to make it to the exit and coast off the interstate. Got it towed and it's now at the garage--again. It just got an $800 radiator last month so I hope this is something cheap like a malfunctioning sensor. 

Ah shucks oh well.