Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

12 hours ago, DonW said:

Yeah, and I'm 3rd party only. The garage owner (also called Carl ?) has some cover, and apparently his insurance company is assessing all the cars that were in the yard so we shall see.

Otherwise she's a breaker...

Hope your wife gets better soon, glad it wasn't so much worse...

Man, I am glad his insurance is taking care of it.  My wife came out with soreness and bruises. The girl in the other car totaled her boyfriends new Honda and my wife’s Charger. 

12 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Really glad your wife's OK. Scary stuff. We often forget how easily someone we care for could be gone in an instant.

Thanks Ace, my wife loved that Charger with the Hemi. She went back to our local dealer and is looking at a v6 Charger newer then what she had.  There is big discounts on new ones cheaper then her 15. Her decision she has to pay for it. With my medicine bills I can’t help her...

13 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

...or maybe gut her, lighten her, hang some Webers on the engine, lower her, flare the fenders, and have a fun track car or drift car.

I just hate to see one die, and with the manual box, she's a natural.

I wish I had the space and the money. I'm 'between contracts' and also own a 2002 race car with a Garret T03 turbo that I now have to move on as I don't have the money for that either...

My first 2002 had a 300 degree cam, twin 45DCOEs, lsd and big alloys with hand-flared arches, I really miss that car. That was totalled by a drunk driver just by Hammersmith bridge in West London back in the eighties.

I truly hate to see them die as well, maybe somebody who shares our passion will take on the 328 as is...

Cheers Bill,

-Don.

21 hours ago, slusher said:

Man, I am glad his insurance is taking care of it.  My wife came out with soreness and bruises. The girl in the other car totaled her boyfriends new Honda and my wife’s Charger. 

Thanks Ace, my wife loved that Charger with the Hemi. She went back to our local dealer and is looking at a v6 Charger newer then what she had.  There is big discounts on new ones cheaper then her 15. Her decision she has to pay for it. With my medicine bills I can’t help her...

If your wife is used to stepping on that Hemi very often the V6 even with the new 8 speed will leave her a little disappointed. We got an '18 Charger GT with AWD a little over a year ago. This was to replace our 98k mile '10 Charger RT AWD Hemi and 5 speed. For most normal driving needs the V6 is fine. But if you need to hurry it a little the lose of 100 H.P. will be felt. Our '10 would run away and hide from the new car.   Still I have found the Charger to be an outstanding value for what you get especially for what you have to pay compared to anything else out there. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

If your wife is used to stepping on that Hemi very often the V6 even with the new 8 speed will leave her a little disappointed. We got an '18 Charger GT with AWD a little over a year ago. This was to replace our 98k mile '10 Charger RT AWD Hemi and 5 speed. For most normal driving needs the V6 is fine. But if you need to hurry it a little the lose of 100 H.P. will be felt. Our '10 would run away and hide from the new car.   Still I have found the Charger to be an outstanding value for what you get especially for what you have to pay compared to anything else out there. 

Your right sir, she drove one and was happy with it. She got a white,black interior but lost the Hemi and fog lamps and heated seats. She gained a new car. She drives in town so the v6 will do what she wants on the interstate. The city police cars are all v6 cars. She got a white Charger as close as she comfortable with like the last one.

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Your right sir, she drove one and was happy with it. She got a white,black interior but lost the Hemi and fog lamps and heated seats. She gained a new car. She drives in town so the v6 will do what she wants on the interstate. The city police cars are all v6 cars. She got a white Charger as close as she comfortable with like the last one.

Ours is also White with the Black interior. The Black colored Grill area gets a lot peoples attention when your overtaking them on the freeway. Civilians have figured out that it's not a Patrol Car but some local PD and County cars will still wave once in a while. Good luck to you both with this new one and know you have a substantial car around you.  

Wife broke her ankle while walking across the parking lot to Starbucks. She goes there every morning for iced tea and said her right ankle just buckled and down she went. Two nice people helped her up and she managed to drive back home. It's just up the street from us. I believe adrenalin enabled her to do that. Twisted the other foot a little so it's hurting. Doctor gave her a boot to wear and we see an orthopedic doctor Wednesday and I hope nothing more is needed.

We live in a 2 story house so that makes things complicated. She has arachnoiditis in her back so that complicates things further since that limits mobility and strength. We had plans for Saturday and Sunday so that's out. Have to go to Costco by myself and I hate that place but need some stuff. I've had a colonoscopy scheduled for months this Thursday and am not gonna miss it. Have to find someone to drive me there at 7 am. My mom had colon cancer once so they consider me a risk and I get to go every 5 years. Done about 4 of them I think and every time it's good but you don't want to let that threat go. Also been dealing with my moms estate since she died last year. She lived 200 miles away and need to sell her house and deal with all utilities, etc. My sister lives close to there but she's been worthless. She was supposed to be taking care of my moms taxes while she was in a "home" but hasn't so we now have a CPA to look into that. I don't ever want to be an executor of a will again.

Anything else? Lucky I'm retired so able to take care of all this. Wife is gonna miss work for awhile because there's no way she can fulfill all the duties required. Just lifting herself off a toilet was tough when she had 2 good legs. A bad back causes so many problems.

A long vent but felt I would add to the subject just because I had something to complain about.

On 2/27/2020 at 8:17 AM, espo said:

Ours is also White with the Black interior. The Black colored Grill area gets a lot peoples attention when your overtaking them on the freeway. Civilians have figured out that it's not a Patrol Car but some local PD and County cars will still wave once in a while. Good luck to you both with this new one and know you have a substantial car around you.  

Thank you David. I do appreciate your input and concern...

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

Pop ups !  Doing some on line shopping for a vehicle for my wife. Man, those dealers have pop ups every 30 seconds it seems like.

Once the internet knows your looking for something all kinds of stuff is going to pop up trying to get you to look at their site. Any time I want to make a large purchase I'll just look at what ever it is I want to get and for the next week all kinds of offers will be popping up on your screen. I have even seen them on this forum when I've been shopping. Since your shopping, when you find a couple of cars you like just keep visiting their sites and pretty soon they'll start offering a rebate of some sort. 

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Pop ups !  Doing some on line shopping for a vehicle for my wife. Man, those dealers have pop ups every 30 seconds it seems like.

I know what you mean! In the car dealer software they buy or subscribe to, the box pops up with a photo of an attractive young lady asking if you need assistance. That box pops up and floats across the frigggen screen like once a minute.  Getting rid of it reminded me of shooting down the flying saucer on Space Invaders!

On 3/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, espo said:

And the same gas in the tank that they were selling for $1.83 is now $2.40. This way they pickup an extra 57 cents per gallon profit. 

And when it swings the other way they are selling gas for less than they paid for it! Kinda averages out. My family owned a station.