Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

What irked me today? Our local city officials have declared we are in a "safer at home" situation, meaning if you dont have a good excuse to be out, you could be cited with a misdemeanor for being out. We have had, to date, around 1900 Covid-19 cases in Tennessee...statewide. 13 deaths. We had 2100 flu related deaths last year in Tennessee. 

Now I know some are saying "this is not the flu" and I get it. But I dont live in LA or New York either. This is beyond crazy, and Im starting to think its something completely different than what we are being led to believe. Anyone here ever heard of a book called "1984" by George Orwell? Hmmm. 

Here is the important part of AZ Gov. Executive Order ? today for me (it's all about me, isn't it people?).  I've been self employed for decades, my office is separate behind my house for getting away from the kids and cats (kids are grown and far away, and ex wife leaves me alone).  I never had an employee, there is enough conflict between boss and worker already.  I almost never have clients over, because I don't have a dining table, just a pool table, and the house is always a mess because I don't care.  So there is no difference for me.  So why am I whining?  Because I still have to work at my burnout job because I know enough to be dangerous!  I HAVE NO LEGITIMATE REASON TO ONLY BUILD MODELS!!!!  Guess I should be grateful, eh? ?

At this moment, my baby girl is in the Navy, on the Theodore Rosevelt aircraft carrier at Guam, they had a scare of the virus getting on board, evacuated the sick sailors, she texted me to say she is doing okay.  Scary times, shouldn't laugh about it, but humor is the best medicine.

Executive Order 2020-18 COVID-19.jpg

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Careful. :unsure: Don't get this thread locked down. :unsure:

No kidding!  I realize that we are forced by the news media and social media to eat, breath, taste, hear, and see COVID-19 stuff, but let's not get this thread locked.  I come to this forum to escape the COVID-19 overload.  Discussing COVID-19 in a model car forum *IRKS* me.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:16 PM, Tom Geiger said:

How about a good news, bad news?

Good news is that my favorite pub, that has been closed for two weeks, is now open for pickup!

Bad news is that they have a limited menu that doesn’t have the items I am Jonesing for! Argh!

That certainly is irksome!  Shame on them for swinging that carrot in front of your nose, just to pull it back at the end. :)

On 3/31/2020 at 8:16 PM, Tom Geiger said:

How about a good news, bad news?

Good news is that my favorite pub, that has been closed for two weeks, is now open for pickup!

Bad news is that they have a limited menu that doesn’t have the items I am Jonesing for! Argh!

Have you called and specifically asked for your favorite?  Offer the guy a deal. What kind of deal? A DEAL deal. Maybe he's a Republican. B):lol: (DISCLAIMER: That is NOT a political comment, it's a hilarious quote from the classic comedy movie Kelly's Heroes, as delivered by Don Rickles and Telly Savales). 

12 hours ago, peteski said:

That certainly is irksome!  Shame on them for swinging that carrot in front of your nose, just to pull it back at the end. :)

They say the menu will change weekly so I’ll watch. In fact both of my favorite restaurants are on limited menu that doesn’t include my favorites!  

Oh well, we are saving a fortune on restaurants lately!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 2:55 AM, Snake45 said:

Have you called and specifically asked for your favorite?  Offer the guy a deal. What kind of deal? A DEAL deal. Maybe he's a Republican. B):lol: (DISCLAIMER: That is NOT a political comment, it's a hilarious quote from the classic comedy movie Kelly's Heroes, as delivered by Don Rickles and Telly Savales). 

Oddball : To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

It all does make you wonder.

I feel bad mentioning this,cause people are sick and dying all around us,so I shouldn’t complain,but I’m totally out of glue,and all the stores that carry the glue I use(regular Testors model glue),are ALL closed.??indefinitely..Michaels,AC Moore,Hobby Lobby,and forget about any open hobby shops.A friend mentioned Ebay.So I guess that’s my answer.A friend suggested eBay...Duh.

Edited by NYLIBUD

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

I feel bad mentioning this,cause people are sick and dying all around us,so I shouldn’t complain,but I’m totally out of glue,and all the stores that carry the glue I use(regular Testors model glue),are ALL closed.??indefinitely..Michaels,AC Moore,Hobby Lobby,and forget about any open hobby shops.A friend mentioned Ebay.So I guess that’s my answer.A friend suggested eBay...Duh.

I'm down to my last bottle too. Scary times we live in, yup.  :D

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

C07542C7-5941-45C7-9C8C-7D46A1477664.thumb.jpeg.0d5a15f05c9e7aeb00a9f7cf8d938634.jpeg

Did my eBay order last week. I just shopped by price, including reasonable shipping, and location. Found everything from NJ.  Ordered on a Thursday afternoon, received in Saturday’s mail. 

Edited by Tom Geiger

I play by the rules. Always. Or, at least almost always.

But it irks me that we can't mention a contest . . . or even a Virtual Model Car Championship . . . anywhere but in the "Shows and Contests" topic, and we all know no one goes all the way down to the bottom of the board to look at things there!

So, I'll stay within the rules and I won't mention it.

Don't get me in trouble. Don't Click Here. :)  

2 hours ago, crazyjim said:

It seems to be too liquid for me.  I ordered a tube of Tamiya putty to try out.

The new tube I just opened has a nice consistency. My last tube separated over time into harder white and clearish liquid. That one I tossed.  I don’t like the way the Tamiya putty sands.