Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Because they have ignored the virus gathering restrictions put forth by the state.  And not prudent to be attending these. Should be happy you just got sent home and not ticketed

No,more like a bunch of morons doing burnouts all over the place.Drag racing down a main road.And another reason,snake is right,it’s NY,no fun allowed.Lol.Ah there’s only a few more shows until it gets to cold,and gets dark to early.Until next spring.These were some of the rides that attend the shows.

CE84D237-C756-41FD-B72E-7768D27042ED.jpeg

8107E0D1-FCDB-4CD7-AC54-BD1B40F0A282.jpeg

434717DB-7EB2-47E4-964A-347691448725.jpeg

97402ECC-CA43-44E8-8D0C-C76AC82B611D.jpeg

3192B3AA-E023-4EE6-A0E2-89A61C6C6529.jpeg

7AE2CDF1-A83D-4F07-848B-C3C9CC0A5D0A.jpeg

17 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

Police broke up a 500 car show near here last night for exceeding limits placed on public gatherings due to Covid. They're looking for the organizers and ready to fine them. That's $10,000 minimum as of yesterday.

We have a local Sunday morning car show at a closed Macy’s near my house.That show brings in about 1,000+ cars.I was there yesterday.I couldn’t believe my eyes.These are just a few of the cars at the show.Oh and no police.

59716BC7-4F39-4700-AF31-0417FD3C6DB9.jpeg

7B8ECFB3-8FD2-4B63-BD07-89DD228D3D89.jpeg

4589F996-2565-4F21-9EDA-3652C19E4D41.jpeg

DF49C7FC-8E85-443A-BE37-18C56DF7CC3B.jpeg

6232A40B-C29D-499B-93B1-C5EB7F1594AC.jpeg

BDD5E5CA-6039-448D-B8FF-AFFB386FE977.jpeg

5539F813-7AF2-40C7-A9CB-3AA248B56A04.jpeg

CBFEE459-1420-4123-8ECC-12C25DA8762C.jpeg

5E197B3C-C731-4167-8030-B0F6C4DF4767.jpeg

1EE5C124-C016-4681-874E-86CB05799609.jpeg

9F15143D-04CA-421D-93C6-498EFA6B6218.jpeg

On 9/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, Snake45 said:

It's New York. No Fun Allowed. 

Unlike other parts of the country where "the problem which nobody wants to mention" is still infecting people who refuse to follow basic preventative measures like wearing masks and practicing social distancing to prevent new surges from reappearing, New York is doing the right thing by banning large gatherings at this time. At least we've got it somewhat under control, no thanks to the morons who think they're invulnerable. Don't endanger other peoples' safety because you think this is some hoax. The number of deaths around the country say otherwise.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:53 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Because they have ignored the virus gathering restrictions put forth by the state.  And not prudent to be attending these. Should be happy you just got sent home and not ticketed

Unfortunately, the customers in the cheap seats don't understand that, Tom.

43 minutes ago, DonW said:

Which guy?

The one who told Tom that it was his right to attend a model show and complained about NNL East being cancelled.

18 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Yea I guess the only local model show here on Long Island,in November, will most definitely be cancelled.I look forward to it every year.?☹️

Ron, LIARS had already announced that this year's show is cancelled. Read it HERE.

3 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Unlike other parts of the country where "the problem which nobody wants to mention" is still infecting people who refuse to follow basic preventative measures like wearing masks and practicing social distancing to prevent new surges from reappearing, New York is doing the right thing by banning large gatherings at this time. At least we've got it somewhat under control, no thanks to the morons who think they're invulnerable. Don't endanger other peoples' safety because you think this is some hoax. The number of deaths around the country say otherwise.

Unfortunately, the customers in the cheap seats don't understand that, Tom.

The irony is the people that are complaining the loudest are the ones that are taking the least effort to mitigate the problem.

I would love not to have to wear a mask as its not pleasant because of COPD but the alternative of not wearing a mask is not a reasonable option. I try to avoid people as much as possible when I do go out.

My doctor died very suddenly after contracting the Covid virus.At first they weren’t telling his patients,but at a follow up visit with another doctor in the office,a nurse confirmed it was from the virus.Poor guy just had the wrong patient at the wrong time I guess.He was only in his early 60s

Been put on a partial lockdown again, possibly for 6 months. I'm only going to see one person at work for a couple of mins every two weeks and have to spend the rest of the time alone because of my imunocompromised chest. Its going to be hell spending all that time alone. My only other option is to quit my job and move out to my mums but that means losing my home. Not sure what the best idea is

I can only chalk this up to incompetence - last night my ebay package was 3 hours away in Colorado and scheduled to be delivered here in Nebraska today.   As of this morning, it appears that the chimps in charge decided it needed to go west instead, and the latest data indicates it made it as far as North Salt Lake, Utah.  That's more than an entire state (Wyoming) away.  

I assumed they worked strictly off zip codes but maybe someone thought NE meant Nevada instead of Nebraska.  No idea when I'll see it, and from what I can tell, no way to tell them to reroute it.  

Weird 2nd issue:  I've tracked dozens of ebay shipments using my desktop, and it's usually dead on.  On this order, every attempt resulted in a message saying Status Not Available.  My phone, OTOH, shows every stop, time and date.  Not sure how that happens.    

If you dated or were a personal acquaintance with the person featured on US Currency, you should not be permitted to use the self check out at the store!

Seriously, I was at WM this morning and there was an elderly lady elbow deep in her purse digging for pennies to put into the machine.  Meanwhile, the other seven machines had customers come and go (in some cases twice)!  I've been eligible to join AARP myself for half a decade now, but if I'm using cash I may put in something close but certainly not performing a deep excavation for that last few cents.

Edited by HomerS

48 minutes ago, HomerS said:

If you dated or were a personal acquaintance with the person featured on US Currency, you should not be permitted to use the self check out at the store!

Seriously, I was at WM this morning and there was an elderly lady elbow deep in her purse digging for pennies to put into the machine.  Meanwhile, the other seven machines had customers come and go (in some cases twice)!  I've been eligible to join AARP myself for half a decade now, but if I'm using cash I may put in something close but certainly not performing a deep excavation for that last few cents.

Hey, for all you know, playing that self checkout machine might have been the most exciting/interesting thing that happened to that old lady all day! :blink:

But I get where you're coming from. At least she wasn't in the "live" line, standing there waiting until the clerk told her the total before she even started looking for her checkbook at the bottom of a huge purse. :wacko:(Have played THAT game too many times!) :angry:

Prices of spareparts for cars and trucks over here...

I decided that i need to rebuild the steering on my suburban because i think it might be time now and if they are from the factory they have 350 000km,s on them + neglect from previous owners that never cared about the grease fittings on them.
When i looked at a few swedish sites all the parts i needed would have cost me $960
Sure i would have had it by monday but at that price they should come with a guy that installs them to...

So i gave ut that and headed to where i end up anyways and from them the parts cost me$270 including shipping to sweden from usa.
They are the exact same parts from the same manufacturer and partnumbers..

6 minutes ago, PierreR89 said:

Prices of spareparts for cars and trucks over here...

I decided that i need to rebuild the steering on my suburban because i think it might be time now and if they are from the factory they have 350 000km,s on them + neglect from previous owners that never cared about the grease fittings on them.
When i looked at a few swedish sites all the parts i needed would have cost me $960
Sure i would have had it by monday but at that price they should come with a guy that installs them to...

So i gave ut that and headed to where i end up anyways and from them the parts cost me$270 including shipping to sweden from usa.
They are the exact same parts from the same manufacturer and partnumbers..

Sounds about like buying SAAB parts over here. The prices are eye-watering! :blink::angry:

1 hour ago, HomerS said:

All the stores around here have signs advising that COVID has caused a coin shortage and they appreciate paying with exact change, plastic, or rounding up to the next whole dollar and donating your change to whatever charity/food pantry that store supports.