Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

But I get where you're coming from. At least she wasn't in the "live" line, standing there waiting until the clerk told her the total before she even started looking for her checkbook at the bottom of a huge purse. :wacko:(Have played THAT game too many times!) :angry:

My current workplace has unmanned entry gates with turnstiles activated by your ID card.  Works fine with most folks. I have mine clipped to my belt. You are supposed to visibly wear it.

Line is moving well... then there’s some lady who has gotten all the way to her turn, and then takes the dive into the deep bag! The world stops!

13 minutes ago, Rodent said:

All the stores around here have signs advising that COVID has caused a coin shortage and they appreciate paying with exact change, plastic, or rounding up to the next whole dollar and donating your change to whatever charity/food pantry that store supports.

Apparently some stores in the UK are doing this also, but not all are telling you that they are doing so !

39 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

My current workplace has unmanned entry gates with turnstiles activated by your ID card.  Works fine with most folks. I have mine clipped to my belt. You are supposed to visibly wear it.

Line is moving well... then there’s some lady who has gotten all the way to her turn, and then takes the dive into the deep bag! The world stops!

I do not doubt this story for a second. 

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Hey, for all you know, playing that self checkout machine might have been the most exciting/interesting thing that happened to that old lady all day! :blink:

But I get where you're coming from. At least she wasn't in the "live" line, standing there waiting until the clerk told her the total before she even started looking for her checkbook at the bottom of a huge purse. :wacko:(Have played THAT game too many times!) :angry:

I try to avoid to 'live' line for many reasons:

• Cashier that feels the need to discuss with you every item you are purchasing
  • Cashier that gives your $0.90 in change as all dimes as they never mastered that quarters/dimes/nickels breakdown
  • Cashier that asks if you want to sign up for a credit card, join the shoppers club, donate to the store's cause, etc......
  • Get behind the shopper who is digging for the $0.10 off coupon
  • Get behind the shopper that feels the need to explain to the cashier how Colon Blow 3000 has changed their life
  • Thanks for bagging the rotisserie chicken with the ice cream and stick butter

As for the one that goes digging for their payment source, the wife gets embarrassed as I frequently express my surprise that we weren't shopping on free grocery day!

1 hour ago, Ctmodeler said:

Coin shortage ? I mean like where did all the coins go ?? People will believe anything you tell them

About 20 years ago, I had to go to Denver for business so the nerd in me wanted to go to the mint.  As part of the tour, the guide asked how many people have spare change laying in a drawer, car console, etc. and of course everyone raised their hands.  He went on to say if everyone in the country put that back into circulation at one time, they would have to shut down the mint for three years.

12 minutes ago, HomerS said:

About 20 years ago, I had to go to Denver for business so the nerd in me wanted to go to the mint.  As part of the tour, the guide asked how many people have spare change laying in a drawer, car console, etc. and of course everyone raised their hands.  He went on to say if everyone in the country put that back into circulation at one time, they would have to shut down the mint for three years.

Last time I cleaned out the car I pulled $95 out of it.

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Sounds about like buying SAAB parts over here. The prices are eye-watering! :blink::angry:

I am not surprised, there are not cheap here either for that brand.
They were reasonably priced before the company went under and almost the next day the parts were 2-3 times as expensive because now they were "rare" and not certain that part x would ever be avaliable again.
That problem mostly solved it self thanks to the aftermarket but the prices still high because now it is a "rare" brand..

21 hours ago, imarriedawitch said:

Cash is filthy so most places here since Covid ask that you pay with either debit or credit...

Cash is dirty!  I read that a lot of bills check positive for cocaine as people roll then up to make straws to snort through! 
And don’t forget money people carry in various body crevices! The average life of an American Bill is 18 months before it wears out.

20 hours ago, HomerS said:

About 20 years ago, I had to go to Denver for business so the nerd in me wanted to go to the mint.  

I did that one too!  I used to go to Denver on business on a regular basis some 25 years ago. Always did the Coors tour too!

On 9/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, Monty said:

I can only chalk this up to incompetence - last night my ebay package was 3 hours away in Colorado and scheduled to be delivered here in Nebraska today.   As of this morning, it appears that the chimps in charge decided it needed to go west instead, and the latest data indicates it made it as far as North Salt Lake, Utah.  That's more than an entire state (Wyoming) away.  

I assumed they worked strictly off zip codes but maybe someone thought NE meant Nevada instead of Nebraska.  No idea when I'll see it, and from what I can tell, no way to tell them to reroute it.  

Weird 2nd issue:  I've tracked dozens of ebay shipments using my desktop, and it's usually dead on.  On this order, every attempt resulted in a message saying Status Not Available.  My phone, OTOH, shows every stop, time and date.  Not sure how that happens.    

And finally, a week after it was supposed to be delivered, it finally shows up.  Seems like it spent an inordinate amount of time ping-ponging around Colorado.

• Sep 25, 2020
  • 10:38pm PDT
  • Departed FedEx location
  • HENDERSON, CO 80640
  • Sep 25, 2020
  • 1:32pm PDT
  • Arrived at FedEx location
  • HENDERSON, CO 80640
  • Sep 25, 2020
  • 1:31pm PDT
  • HENDERSON, CO 80640
  • Sep 24, 2020
  • 10:18pm PDT
  • FEDEX SMARTPOST AURORA, CO 80011
  • Sep 24, 2020
  • 5:11pm PDT
  • FEDEX SMARTPOST AURORA, CO 80011
  • Sep 24, 2020
  • 8:04am PDT
  • BROOMFIELD, CO 80021
  • Sep 23, 2020
  • 11:39pm PDT
  • BROOMFIELD, CO 80021
  • Sep 23, 2020
  • 7:12pm PDT
  • BROOMFIELD, CO 80021
  • Sep 23, 2020
  • 4:01am PDT
  • NORTH SALT LAKE, UT 84054
  • Sep 22, 2020
  • 6:16pm PDT
  • Sep 22, 2020
  • 6:15pm PDT
  • Sep 22, 2020
  • 5:42am PDT
  • In transit
  • Sep 21, 2020
  • 5:39pm PDT
  • In transit
  • Sep 21, 2020
  • 5:36am PDT
  • HENDERSON, CO 80640
  • Sep 20, 2020
  • 4:36pm PDT
  • HENDERSON, CO 80640
  • Sep 20, 2020
  • 2:45am PDT
  • In transit
  • COMMERCE CITY, CO 80640
  • Sep 19, 2020
  • 2:55am PDT
  • In transit
  • BONNER SPRINGS, KS 66012
  • Sep 19, 2020
  • 2:06am PDT
  • In transit
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Sep 18, 2020
  • 8:42am PDT
  • In transit
  • KANSAS CITY, MO 64161
  • Sep 17, 2020
  • 8:20pm PDT
  • In transit
  • CEDAR HILL, TN 37032
  • Sep 17, 2020
  • 8:09am PDT
  • OCALA, FL 34475
  • Sep 17, 2020
  • 12:01am PDT
  • OCALA, FL 34475
  • Sep 16, 2020
  • 7:03pm PDT
  • Left FedEx origin facility
  • POMPANO BEACH, FL 33069
  • Sep 16, 2020
  • 9:11am PDT
  • POMPANO BEACH, FL 33069

We've been waiting for some Jockey under ware for over a month. The package has been stuck in St. Louis Mo. for the past two weeks. I guess they're being field tested or something. Canceled order thru American Express, hope they enjoy their new BVD's. 

On 9/27/2020 at 11:55 AM, espo said:

We've been waiting for some Jockey under ware for over a month. The package has been stuck in St. Louis Mo. for the past two weeks. I guess they're being field tested or something. Canceled order thru American Express, hope they enjoy their new BVD's. 

So you planned on sharing them ("we've") ? ?

Ha Ha, no worries.

Me... my life is going to be turned upside down this week do to a new job and new night schedule.

More FedEx delivery failure. It's been showing me for a week that I'd get my delivery on Monday but Monday comes and there's nothing. Looking at the tracking it shows it arrived at the local facility on Saturday and keeps showing "in transit" for Sunday and Monday whatever that means. I could drive to the facility in a little over a half hour. WTH?!

Wife deals with FedEx and UPS every day at her work and always says FedEx sucks. What's with them?

My wife reminded me about a couple of weeks ago a package she was sending to a friend ended up with the same scenario at the same FedEx facility. It sat there for 4 days and then they handed it off to the post office.

Edited by TonyK

Have you ever felt abandoned? I don't really consider myself a real chatty guy. But, I talk with friends on facebook and messenger. This past month, though, it feels like everyone just kinda turned me off. I can't even get people to text me back. I haven't done anything wrong that I know of. I try to go out of my way to be friendly. Not really sure what's going on. I understand that my friends have lives and such and they may not be able to talk every day. It's just a little irritating that I can't even get one simple reply back to see how they are doing. Kinda makes me feel like I really have done or said something wrong. I just can't figure out what. Anywho, I can't force people to talk to me. If they choose to not talk to me, I understand and it's their choice. 

Edited by metalhead

Finally got completely irritated with some of the adult oriented ads appearing on this site so I turned my ad blocker back on.  Not being a prude but some of these ads are just over the top, especially the one advertising "Never Seen Photos" or "Historical Photos".  I mean a picture of a well-known actress wearing a tee-shirt with "My P...y, My choice" is a bit too much.

FedEx sucks! Continuing story on my non-delivery by them.......They updated the delivery date to this Thursday. Still don't know why they aren't delivering it when it's been sitting at the facility since Saturday.

Tried contacting them with some lame virtual typing system. Ask it a question and it needs more info such as my tracking number. Fair enough. Type it and then says it can't help me and I believe some phony excuse was given dealing with Covid. Yeah that's it. The virus keeps us from typing each other.

Contacted the company I ordered from and suggested they use a different delivery company. They replied if I don't get my order by Thursday they'll send the order again. What?! So you're gonna ship it again by FedEx? You're missing the point! Arrrgghhh.

For those who aren't paying attention to the news(and I don't fault anyone who is!) the west coast is on fire.  Hot dry winds blowing and very dry vegetation.  For the last 4 nights at 11:00 sharp, some idiots are shooting off fireworks!  This is really the height of stupidity.  I sincerely hope the police find them and throw them in the slammer for a while.  Who is this stupid.  

Aw the missing Jockey under ware arrives 4 days after my wife cancels the order. We went over 30 days waiting for our order that was supposed to be here within a week. The order is shipping out of Indiana to the Kansas City Kansas area. I know we're considered a "fly over state" but this is nuts even by USPO standards. She had called Jockey's Customer Service number several times and got no call backs during the 30 days that the package was MIA. Only a week after she canceled the payment on the order and the next day after the USPO crams the package into our mail box do they call. I'm going to wait and see if they request payment or comp my BVD's.