Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Another delivery issue.  Product purchased on ebay around the 16th.  

• Dec 25, 2020
  • 3:40pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 25, 2020
  • 5:17am
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 18, 2020
  • 5:03pm
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 18, 2020
  • 4:59pm
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176

Despite saying "processed through Philadelphia PA USPS facility" this package has obviously been stuck there for a week.  I know it's the holiday season but thousands of other packages were processed through there and ostensibly sent on to their respective destinations.  What on earth is keeping mine there?  

13 minutes ago, Monty said:

Another delivery issue.  Product purchased on ebay around the 16th.  

• Dec 25, 2020
  • 3:40pm
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 25, 2020
  • 5:17am
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 18, 2020
  • 5:03pm
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
  • Dec 18, 2020
  • 4:59pm
  • PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176

Despite saying "processed through Philadelphia PA USPS facility" this package has obviously been stuck there for a week.  I know it's the holiday season but thousands of other packages were processed through there and ostensibly sent on to their respective destinations.  What on earth is keeping mine there?  

Same thing here.  Watched a magazine I bought on Ebay from MA then sit in a NJ USPS center for a week before leaving there on it’s way to VA.

I'm still waiting for two items from eBay, one bought Nov 27, the other bought Dec 2. One made it as far as my state on Dec 9, the other entered the state on Dec 26, still waiting. 

I sent ChrisBCritter a part he needed about two weeks ago, last I heard he hasn't gotten it yet, but I'm still confident that he will eventually. 

OTOH, I ordered a couple My Pillows the week before Christmas. To my enormous surprise, they arrived today. And surprisingly, they were delivered to my door. This is amazing because there are no mailboxes on my street; we all have to get our mail from the local PO. The pillows came by US Mail, with my PO box on the address, and somehow it got delivered to my door! :blink:

I sell a LOT on eBay. It's one of my main sources of income right now. I sold two vintage skateboards on Dec 7 and sent them them on the 9th. They have had ZERO updates and are still in limbo. I insured the to the hilt of course but I filed a "where's my package'  and got phone calls assuring me they were not lost. That's 20 days in the pipeline and one of them cost 61.00 to ship. They will be hearing from me once it's all over and they are delivered. The guarantee of delivery within a certain time limit was lost over 2 weeks ago.

2 hours ago, Dragline said:

I sell a LOT on eBay. It's one of my main sources of income right now. I sold two vintage skateboards on Dec 7 and sent them them on the 9th. They have had ZERO updates and are still in limbo. I insured the to the hilt of course but I filed a "where's my package'  and got phone calls assuring me they were not lost. That's 20 days in the pipeline and one of them cost 61.00 to ship. They will be hearing from me once it's all over and they are delivered. The guarantee of delivery within a certain time limit was lost over 2 weeks ago.

Most shippers (USPS, UPS, and even FedEx) are having delays and tracking that is not updated in a timely fashion.  The holidays overloaded the system. Yes, they blame some of it on COVID).  Some even have exclusions on the guarantee of delivery within a certain time (if you read all the fine print).  It stinks, but it is happening.

The USPS is a mess right now. More packages due to Covid, less employees due to Covid!

My bro-in-law works at a major sorting center. USPS has consolidated so much in the past decade, that all the surviving employees have decades of seniority and vacation due to them.  He has over 30 years in and his seniority doesn’t even register when he’s requesting holidays or other popular vacation time off.

There have been loads of Covid cases at his location and some deaths. He’s been sent home to quarantine for 15 days at least twice.

He said there are tons of mail just sitting there and nobody to move it.

Yeah, lots of not good w/ USPS shipping currently.  I have 3 packages (all eBay purchases) with 'delivery date unknown' status when I check them on the USPS site Informed Delivery feature.   One is a eBay purchase from Dec 6th.  I figure they will get here whenever they get here...

My usual Amazon orders are still coming fine, sometimes a delay of a day or so...and Fed Ex has been fine also.  The weather has caused some delays here also. 

Edited by Rob Hall

As a result of all my sales are in the toilet. Even on items that should have long sold due to their rarity and pricing. I sell mostly comics on eBay and was a dealer for 25 years and a collector most of my life. I have truly great inventory and it's just been languishing. I did sell a Fujimi Enthusiast Porsche 356 B/C and a few resin items recently. I have yet to send them and informed the customers that even if I send them they will just sit and get banged around waiting. The customers have been super easy to deal with and only one was kind of a hothead but cooled when what he has sold had been in USPS limbo for 2 weeks and saw where I was coming from. It's just a giant mess.

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Hobby folks are usually easy to deal with and treat each other like fellow hobbyists.

The sellers of consumer goods are getting clobbered by the general public who think they can hit “send” on their order, then trot out to their mailbox and the order should be there!

Amazon did that. A couple of months back, before the holidays and before Covid-19 "got worse,"  Amazon was delivering (sorry, pun unavoidable) many items same day here in Phoenix. You could order in the morning and it would be delivered within hours - the slow stuff arrived the next day! 

But, of course, as soon as it started getting close to Thanksgiving, all that changed.

Walmart is doing everything it can to keep up with Amazon, but all the other vendors and shippers are left out in the cold while the giants wrestle. 

Patience.  It'll change.

??

Before the election, when many people were complaining that slow mail service was politically motivated, my mail service was the best it's ever been. Packages shipped, and delivered, from west coast to east coast in 4 days was the norm. Since the election, I've had packages "out for delivery" for several days. I'm waiting for 2 packages now that have delivery dates that have passed and tracking doesn't even show them in my state yet. 

I will be the first to admit that I have become spoiled. I think most of us  remember the days when you had to mail in your order and hope that you received your item within 6-8 weeks. No tracking number either.

I know that covid and the holidays are part of the delays, but if a tracking number is provided then I don't think it's too much to ask that the information be kept up to date. Is my package actually still in transit? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Edited by stinkybritches
Added info

2 hours ago, Danno said:

Walmart is doing everything it can to keep up with Amazon, but all the other vendors and shippers are left out in the cold while the giants wrestle. 

A couple weeks ago I bought a 32" TV for our bedroom.  Then we decided to hang it on the wall.  I see the scam.. TV is $125 and the hanger, just a few pieces of metal, is another $50!   I went online and found Walmart had an online only special for wall hangers for $19.99.  Okay, that's a deal.  Then I see I'll have to pay $20 postage!  But shipping is free with a $35 order.  So I order two of the wall hangers (I will get a TV for the model room!) and it's only $5 more than one and shipping!   

I ordered it on a Saturday. Order info was that I'd have it the next Friday.  I was fine with that.  On Tuesday, my wife opens the front door and nearly trips over a package... turns out it was delivered on Monday.  No complaints here!

I just got shipping notices on two different things.   A stamp order from Washington State, and a model order from Michigan.  I'm in Pennsylvania, so I'll see how fast / slow these packages are.

Edited by Tom Geiger

On 12/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, Snake45 said:

I'm still waiting for two items from eBay, one bought Nov 27, the other bought Dec 2. One made it as far as my state on Dec 9, the other entered the state on Dec 26, still waiting. 

The one that's been sitting in my state since Dec 9 was sent to another city in my state at 4:17 this morning. The second city is about as far from me as the first city is. Oh well, at least it still exists, and it's apparently moving. :unsure:

This happened last night, New Years eve of all times. I was putting the dishes from our dinner in the dish washer. I always give them a light rinse before putting them in the washer. I notice some water on the floor around my feet and I'm thinking I'm being sloppy until I get down on the floor to wipe up the water and realize there is a lot of water and it is coming from the cabinet below the sink. This was not the best time to have a garbage disposal to start leaking. There really isn't a good time for this anyway, but New Years ?  I'm waiting till tomorrow to do anything about it since Mother Nature is providing me with the opportunity to play with the Snow Blower this afternoon. First real snow of the year. 

I hear ya Dave- it’s always something! I had a bathroom sink dripping. Quick washer replacement.. only the washer had a shape like I never saw before.. in the end I wound up replacing the faucet, supply tubes and vanity top!  

Edited by Tom Geiger

I’m trying to put a Vaterra V100 parts R/C car with a pile of Vaterra upgrade parts on eBay and keep getting a message that I have a limit of 10 items a month or $10 starting price and just now figured that out since I rarely use the site for both sales or purchases. 

Can I list the stuff as all one big group of parts for, say, $5.00 with a minimum of price of $100 then purhaps do the same with my RJ Speed R/C Legends Car since I’m planning on selling that for the same price as well?!

• 2 weeks later...

This dam COLD weather,and my carpal tunnel syndrome.I had surgery on it about a month ago,and this cold weather numbs my whole hand.??Feels the a knife going through my hand..Doc said it could take up a year before I’ll get all the feeling back in my hand.???