Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

3 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Where did you hear unemployment is not taxed for 2020?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/13/how-being-unemployed-in-2020-could-lead-to-a-surprise-tax-bill.html

I just read that it is...

Huh. I think it was on one of the MANY state sites I visited. Was a complete surprise to me, as I hadn't heard of it before. 

Edited by Snake45

Interesting. Thanks, Tom!

I did find one other source that said my state wasn't going to consider unemployment taxable for 2020, but that's just for my state. 

However it all works out, I don't think I made enough money last year to have TOO big a tax problem. But first the stupid state needs to send me my 1099-G so I can get started. :angry:

Looks like the first $10,200 per person unemployment is not taxed by the Feds. Unemployment is not considered taxable income in California, I don't know about Maryland and Pennsylvania.

The $10,200 thing appears to be new as of last week. 

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Arizona.... no time change. Maybe time to end that time change idea ?????

I agree! The extended daylight hours will come soon enough with time so just have a little patience and leave the clocks alone.

2 minutes ago, Randy D said:

I feel your pain Josh,  I got the driveway shoveled out just in time for the blizzard:(

That is my daily driver there at the curb.  Nothing wrong with my camera, it's the snow going by sideways at 25 MPH.

Hey there Randy. Yep, this is a big one ... One way you could look at it is at least you’ll have that much LESS snow to shovel after it’s all done🙄 ..My parking is in the alley, which never gets plowed... UUUUUUUUUUGH😔

17 hours ago, Venom said:

We’ve had the mildest winter ever so far up here in Wyoming but it has now arrived ... the thermostat decided this was the right time to stop working. It was replaced brand new 5 months ago... Go figure.😕

6B76E9CC-D700-4120-8EC1-A7EB6F7AC2DC.png.fb99d86fb01787f12c181b6088c1d116.png58207AFF-A986-40CA-AE7D-97FEBC6836B0.png.3d6685d43e24527d2e8eb8780cd065fd.png

That’s bad for March"..

Guys, its warming up and sunny here in Michigan, which is rare, and it is now eating into my model building time as I am obligated to spend time outdoors doing outdoors things! 

So look at it as time to get to the bench till it melts!

Also, DST, just leave it the way it is NOW, ya get up in the dark anyway....

38 minutes ago, steveracer said:

Guys, its warming up and sunny here in Michigan, which is rare, and it is now eating into my model building time as I am obligated to spend time outdoors doing outdoor things!

So look at it as time to get to the bench till it melts!

True ... it deffinately takes away any feelings of guilt for couping up in the house with bed head and sweatpants on from morning till night... Perfect for modeling achievements.

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Yeah... I’ve come to learn that March is the month of cruel surprises.

Some of the very worst snowstorms we've ever had around here have been in March. And even one I can remember in April!

One year we had a horrific March snow. The city had to pile up snow everywhere they could, including parks and playgrounds. I lived across the street from a park where they had the snow piled up higher than my 2-story (plus attic) house! When we moved out in June there was STILL six inches of snow on the ground across the street! :blink: