Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

On 3/20/2021 at 8:26 PM, slusher said:

Found out yesterday from my Neurologist that I need to go and get a light weight wheelchair due to my legs getting worse. Same doctor I have seeen for 30 years. I have been blessed I made it this long..

Hey Carl, I was unaware you had a particular health condition ... being on these forums for a little while I’ve gotten used to seeing certain faces, well avatars, and reading different posts etc, Im appreciating my surroundings more and more. There’s a lot of really cool and openly helpful people on here ... cheers to all of you ... and Carl, I just want you to know that I wish you the best and when I see your avitar I’ll think of the person behind it and remember you’re dealing with challenging circumstances. Try to stay positive friend.

17 hours ago, Venom said:

Hey Carl, I was unaware you had a particular health condition ... being on these forums for a little while I’ve gotten used to seeing certain faces, well avatars, and reading different posts etc, Im appreciating my surroundings more and more. There’s a lot of really cool and openly helpful people on here ... cheers to all of you ... and Carl, I just want you to know that I wish you the best and when I see your avitar I’ll think of the person behind it and remember you’re dealing with challenging circumstances. Try to stay positive friend.

Thank you Josh. I am still a blessed man. I had MS for 30 years. I always try to stay positive.

My job.......

I work for one of the greediest evil corporate empires on earth.

The rich people who own it suck!

I don’t know, I guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.....

Edited by Venom

Another US postal failure.  My ebay purchase actually made it to town and showed to be out for delivery on the morning of 3/22, although all I got that day was some junk mail.  The tracking info changed on the 23rd:   

March 23, 2021, 1:44 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of March 23, 2021, 1:44 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.

After following up with them, they basically have no idea where it is and they don't really care.  

Edited by Monty

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Another US postal failure.  My ebay purchase actually made it to town and showed to be out for delivery on the morning of 3/22, although all I got that day was some junk mail.  The tracking info changed on the 23rd:   

March 23, 2021, 1:44 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of March 23, 2021, 1:44 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.

After following up with them, they basically have no idea where it is and they don't really care.  

I got a similar message that mine was out for delivery but no one home on attempt.  A package of Sharpies fits in the box. A week later they showed up. Must have lost them in the mail truck..

38 minutes ago, Kromolly said:

FedEx isn't doing much better recently.  I had a package go completely off the radar for 10 days before it suddenly showed up on the tracking again.  The seller was getting a little nervous too.

Yea and they deal with shipping problems every day...

I admit to kicking up a dust storm in the past about the FedX people sitting on my coffee orders and taking weeks, yes weeks, to get the package from the west coast to here. The shipper would tell me 4 to 6 days max for free shipping and it would wind up taking 2 weeks. Well I ordered my coffee and again was promised 4 to 6 days and they got it here in 4 days. All is forgiven as long as this type of service continues. 

my neck is in pain because i slept funny and i tried to take some advil. as i took a sip of the sprite, i got a sensation to cough and i coughed a mouthful of sprite and advil onto the wall, onto my shirt, and who knows what else. probably would have been funny to watch

i wiped off the wall, changed my shirt, but man, that was annoying

On 3/22/2021 at 3:20 PM, NOBLNG said:

Batteries! I was rummaging through all my open boxes looking for a good donor battery. What’s with these things? These are all from 1/25th scale AMT kits. L-R...’69 Mach One, ‘55 Cameo p/u, and ‘56 T-Bird. The middle one is the best scale, but the detail is only so-so. I haven’t found anything better in the Revell kits...some are even moulded in place lumps! 🤨

24782DD1-B0D0-4F04-8F8C-141699F14073.jpeg

If you have an AMT Ertl 57 Chrysler the battery in it is very nice.

22 hours ago, crazyjim said:

I ordered batteries for our land line phones on March 4.  The ebay shipper used DHL and the package has been sitting in Raleigh, NC since March 11.

I ordered some lego bricks to use in mold making. They left Jamaica NY with DHL on Mar 9th. Arrived in Avenal NJ on the 24th and are still there! ??🤨 I don’t mind if they are getting bumped by vaccines...but I am sure that is NOT the case.

went to a pizza place to pickup a sandwich. i paid with my card and as i was walking out, i heard one worker asking the other worker if i left a tip. i thought about it and realized how odd it was to ask that, especially since it was a pickup order. i didnt dine in or get carside delivery. my wife said i should have called the and asked to speak with the manager, but i didnt bother

why do people think a tip is required on a pickup order. is it me?

5 minutes ago, youpey said:

went to a pizza place to pickup a sandwich. i paid with my card and as i was walking out, i heard one worker asking the other worker if i left a tip. i thought about it and realized how odd it was to ask that, especially since it was a pickup order. i didnt dine in or get carside delivery. my wife said i should have called the and asked to speak with the manager, but i didnt bother

I have a better pizza joint story. :lol:

On our very first date, the future Lovely Mrs. Snake and I went to a local pizza place. As we ate, the two jokers at the counter made all kinds of loud comments in Spanish about TLMS and what they'd like to do to her. They didn't know she was from Nicaragua. On our way out, she stopped by the counter and asked them with a big smile, in Spanish, "So, where are you boys from?"

If you've ever wondered if Latinos can blush, why, yes they can. :lol::lol::lol:

23 minutes ago, youpey said:

The folks that made your sandwich deserve at least a little, IMHO. Not the 15-25% that you might leave for table service, but I always leave something. A couple dollars is more helpful to their budget than it is to mine.

49 minutes ago, youpey said:

I've been leaving pretty generous tips over the last year. I figure they need it, and I can afford it. 

Just now, Dave Ambrose said:

I've been leaving pretty generous tips over the last year. I figure they need it, and I can afford it. 

Agreed. This has been a very hard year for the restaurant industry. Many people who would’ve eaten in the restaurant take it out now. A little tip helps.

I also have been leaving a larger tip than perhaps I normally would. My wife and I have been lucky enough not to loose any income during these times but so many workers have lost jobs or had work hours cut it seems it doesn't hurt to help in some small way.

'

I have been giving my stylist a $20 tip for an $18 haircut. They has been closed a couple times in the last year, and the salon rent is $10k/month.

The takeout/delivery/curbside pickup restaurants have been surviving, but quite a few of the others have closed or had to adapt.

I too have been lucky enough to work from home for over a year.