Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

On 7/7/2021 at 7:35 PM, Tom Geiger said:

My wife and I are driving up the highway to our favorite restaurant.  We see emergency lights coming the other way, an ambulance trying to get through traffic. We all stop and wait per the law. Light turns red anyway since I believe they are tied into emergency vehicles. 

Young idiot behind me decides to honk and flail his arms around. Then he sees me looking at him in my rear view window and gives me the finger. Screw him!

The drivers today are so rude. If your crossing into a lane they speed up so to keep you out.  Stop at a stop sign and they blow the horn, because they like California stops. I believe it’s called. No courtesy or respect on the roads..

The drivers that scare me are the ones who don't even see me. So many are texting or yacking on their phones that they aren't paying much attention to the road. Apparently it doesn't matter to them that it's illegal here to use a mobile phone while driving. A friend of mine is a paramedic and told me that he sees too many victims of accidents caused by this. He also says that often drivers can't hear the ambulance behind them due to having the music blasting so loud in their cars. 

2 hours ago, slusher said:

The drivers today are so rude. If your crossing into a lane they speed up so to keep you out.  Stop at a stop sign and they blow the horn, because they like California stops. I believe it’s called. No courtesy or respect on the roads..

I held a California drivers license for more than 30 years. Trust me if law enforcement in California sees anyone rolling thru a Stop Sign it is going to cost them a pretty penny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slusher said:

Yea try driving on Long Island,or in NYC.U want to talk about morons.And if u have a nice car,people are more annoying.Idiots all over the place.And forget about riding a motorcycle,that’s like suicide.

Well they finally took my wrecked 2000 Jeep Cherokee away.Had a blowout,which threw me off the road and I hit a high point on the curb and totaled it.Had it for about 8,9 years.It Drove great,no rust,low miles..But it’s gone.Only good thing is that I already got another one,and my ins company gave me a nice $$ settlement.Before and after pics.And my new one.Oh well,at least no one got hurt.I mean besides the truck.😢

58C612DF-D95D-4F5D-9FC6-CD3225C44B19.jpeg

A7DFE6B4-1CFB-4140-96B3-FC84DD7C6FC1.jpeg

1295C98A-1626-43B2-B225-B0B5008CF3B7.jpeg

373BD07B-DD17-449A-9BD7-4F5B503A629E.jpeg

66AFF3F3-4497-48D1-95E5-EF02C6E541CC.jpeg

8E3AF470-6466-46F2-B115-8E99BAF44C02.jpeg

C1D03869-01F2-4BD6-935D-526E93CD960D.jpeg

24CBD2D0-FCA2-4140-86EA-EB9E61D65228.jpeg

9E5D417C-3EE3-4659-9B1E-6F3126D62A0B.jpeg

22A724E7-A902-4367-A36D-C17F1A5A141B.jpeg

1 hour ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well they finally took my wrecked 2000 Jeep Cherokee away.Had a blowout,which threw me off the road and I hit a high point on the curb and totaled it.Had it for about 8,9 years.It Drove great,no rust,low miles..But it’s gone.Only good thing is that I already got another one,and my ins company gave me a nice $$ settlement.Before and after pics.And my new one.Oh well,at least no one got hurt.I mean besides the truck.😢

58C612DF-D95D-4F5D-9FC6-CD3225C44B19.jpeg

A7DFE6B4-1CFB-4140-96B3-FC84DD7C6FC1.jpeg

1295C98A-1626-43B2-B225-B0B5008CF3B7.jpeg

373BD07B-DD17-449A-9BD7-4F5B503A629E.jpeg

66AFF3F3-4497-48D1-95E5-EF02C6E541CC.jpeg

8E3AF470-6466-46F2-B115-8E99BAF44C02.jpeg

C1D03869-01F2-4BD6-935D-526E93CD960D.jpeg

24CBD2D0-FCA2-4140-86EA-EB9E61D65228.jpeg

9E5D417C-3EE3-4659-9B1E-6F3126D62A0B.jpeg

22A724E7-A902-4367-A36D-C17F1A5A141B.jpeg

Did you get another one..?

On 7/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Heatwave,we’re having a heat wave…again,,yea yea,here in NY.🎼🎼🎼🎼🎤🎤🎤🎤😵💫🤯🥵🥵…And it SUCKS,yea yea.

I got a text from Con-Ed asking me to help save electricity by turning my A/C off.

Nevermind that I haven't been in NY for 11 months...I wonder if they turned off all those big screens in Times Square tho?  That would save some juice!

7 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I got a text from Con-Ed asking me to help save electricity by turning my A/C off.

Nevermind that I haven't been in NY for 11 months...I wonder if they turned off all those big screens in Times Square tho?  That would save some juice!

Yea and I’m sure that all their executives are sitting in nice cold offices and apartments.

• Like 1

A couple years ago Duke Energy was pushing the thermostats that THEY could shut down your a/c and redirect the energy.  For you doing that, they offered some lowball number like $20.  Um...NO!  I'm not coming home to hot, stagnant air.  Besides, the furry foursome would be miserable.  Just for fun, I called them and told them I would sign up so long as they would accept financial responsibility if they damaged my a/c short cycling it.  They said no.....and so did I.

These are the same people that issued a disconnect notice to me due to their accounting applying my payment all to one account and none to the other......and when called, I was told it was my fault (!) and I had to call my bank to fix it.

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

I'd tell them to let me know when they'd gotten all of their offices and state government offices thermostats set to 80*. 

• Haha 1

You know this whole idea of saving energy by letting your house heat up doesn't make sense. The way I understand it you would use less energy to maintain an already cooled area than allowing it to get hot and then try and cool it again. 

Speaking of electric power. We live in an area with a lot of new building going on. For those that haven't had the thrill of driving on muddy brand new streets with mud running in the gutters and your new back yard every time it rains, we get to reset the clocks sometime several times in a day. The power went out just as I was posting my last tirade on what ever it was I was carrying on about.  

2 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Reminds me of that MAD Magazine cover, with an illustration of a huge neon sign: "MAD Magazine is leading the fight to conserve energy!"

Not having a power problem right now but our water is getting scarce in this area and so many people continue to water their lawn day after day after day so that it will be GREEN. What a waste. I let my lawn go brown and it will come back green later. I do keep my plants watered as they will die and most of them have flowers which provide the bees what they need. I monitor the potted plants and others in the yard and only water enough to keep them healthy.

17 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Not having a power problem right now but our water is getting scarce in this area and so many people continue to water their lawn day after day after day so that it will be GREEN. What a waste. I let my lawn go brown and it will come back green later. I do keep my plants watered as they will die and most of them have flowers which provide the bees what they need. I monitor the potted plants and others in the yard and only water enough to keep them healthy.

Yea I mean you have to water your lawn,but every other day or two is just fine.No need to water everyday.I do water my flower pots and a bunch of manicured shrubs,but that’s my limit.Once you have dead bushes,they don’t come back.I love when it rains,just saves me money$$.🤑🤑..And it normally just cools everything off.

i ordered delivery from pizza unos. my wife got pizza and i ordered pasta with vodka sauce. they gave me regular marinara sauce. thankfully doordash agrees that its not close enough to right and gave me my money back for the pasta.