Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

2 hours ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

im loosing the battle to bermuda grass in my back lawn.  stuffs taking over a third of the lawn.  had to do some spot spraying.  thanks to it being summer and being in a drought it's going to be a few months before i can replant, which means ill be fighting more bermuda grass in a couple months.

lawns man.  rewarding when they look nice.  but they're a total pain in the ass sometimes.

Do you know anyone you could borrow a goat from? they'll get rid of it in no time but any other plants will be eaten too

• Haha 1

Got a cracked rear window in a Salvino's model so sent a picture and asked for a replacement. Jim Rogers replied asking for my address and I got the window yesterday with an addressed envelope and note included saying "just send a $10 bill to Rick". WTF?! Who's Rick?

Nothing was said about this. Not my fault the model came with a cracked window.

I had a couple of missing issues of Motorsport magazine that comes from England and they sent replacements at no cost. Likely the USPS was at fault but they took care of me.

So Last night I’m driving home.I decided to take a dark side road,Well another car was coming the other way,I moved over to my right.And bam I slammed into a pick up truck.Then to add to the frustration,the other driver kept going and never stopped.Next thing I know about 10 people come running out of the house yelling and screaming.I didn’t get a chance to explain what happened.Then the police show up.About 5 or 6 cars show up.Then before I knew it,the police thought I was drunk or on pills.I had to explain to them I was just tired,and another car was coming the other way and took off.The police didn’t seem to believe me.,so I get the whole police soberiety test.Finally they realize I was not under the influence and was just tired.So they let me go.But NOW MY FRONT BUMPER WAS TOTALED DESTROYED.😠😤👎🏻And not much happened to the the truck I hit .Arrrrrggggg.🙄🙄.Now I have to report it to my insurance company ,which will most likely raise my rates.Dammmmm

Edited by NYLIBUD

We were so happy when DAB started to repave our street.   Last Tuesday they started laying down a second layer but then stopped about 6' from the cross street.  Today we hear from a neighbor that DAB has closed their doors.  What the heck?  DAB is/was one of the largest paving companies in the state.

I Went to NYS DMV today to get my Jeep on the road,and found out you have to make an appointment to register and get a title.DMV really sucks.They are making things really hard to getting your car on the road.Just annoying as all hell.And it takes weeks to get your car registered and titled.All because Covid.😡😠😡😠!!!!!.Now I have to fill out all the necessary forms,and get an appointment.Who knows when I’ll get my Jeep on the road.

I'm layed up because of an artery graft. Been modeling for the first time in a year which is going great. Got my 13 year old doing it now too. Been watching discovery and history Channel religiously.  Lol what else is good to watch if your in my spot? Thanks guys

3 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

I'm layed up because of an artery graft. Been modeling for the first time in a year which is going great. Got my 13 year old doing it now too. Been watching discovery and history Channel religiously.  Lol what else is good to watch if your in my spot? Thanks guys

I have bad days so I watch ER on POP, HLN crimes stories, AMC movies, Motortrend. I hope that helps..

5 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

If you have Netflix, I recommend Ancient Geniuses. Unfortunately, it goes away on the 31st. 

Somebody using my yard for their dog's toilet, frequently. 

I stepped in somebody's pet's stinking goo this AM on the way to work. Thanks, whoever you are.

I need to find out who's doing it and dump my cat box in their yard.

There's a strip of grass across the street (between it and the railroad) where nobody ever walks, that belongs to the state, . Can't use that though.

EDIT:  Or better yet...let your dogs poo in your own dammed yard.

And as the demographics of the area continue to shift, there is a drastic increase in the amount of trash thrown out by passing motorists...predominately lotto tickets, fast-food remains, and beer cans.

Somebody thoughtfully offloaded some tires, a bed, and some busted furniture in the wooded area 50 feet down the block, too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

8 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

People using my yard for their dog's toilet.

I stepped in somebody's pet's stinking goo this AM on the way to work. Thanks, whoever you are.

white pepper will stop the dogs doing their business mate, just scatter it over the yard and the dogs wont want to go

13 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

white pepper will stop the dogs doing their business mate, just scatter it over the yard and the dogs wont want to go

IT'S NOT MY PLACE TO PUT OUT DETERRANT TO DOGS CRAPPING IN MY YARD.

IT'S THE DOG'S OWNER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SEE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ... mate.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
Punctuation

31 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Somebody using my yard for their dog's toilet, frequently. 

There's a strip of grass across the street (between it and the railroad) where nobody ever walks, that belongs to the state, . Can't use that though.

EDIT:  Or better yet...let your dogs poo in your own dammed yard.

And as the demographics of the area continue to shift, there is a drastic increase in the amount of trash thrown out by passing motorists...predominately lotto tickets, fast-food remains, and beer cans.

Somebody thoughtfully offloaded some tires, a bed, and some busted furniture in the wooded area 50 feet down the block, too.

There is no one more disrespectful to others or the planet than a litterbug.😠

• Like 1

I'm constantly picking up water bottles cast aside by joggers and bicycle riders.  If those bottles (and iced tea cans) were deposit items also, people would hang on to them until they got home.  

I guess they don't pollute as much, that would explain why they aren't deposit items like soda and beer containers.

14 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm constantly picking up water bottles cast aside by joggers and bicycle riders.  If those bottles (and iced tea cans) were deposit items also, people would hang on to them until they got home.  

I guess they don't pollute as much, that would explain why they aren't deposit items like soda and beer containers.

All the hiking trails around here have plastic bag dispensers for dog exhaust too, and dedicated receptacles the owners are expected to use to dispose of same.

But on every hike, I see at least a dozen little blue bags full of dog goo, neatly tied up and left beside the trail for somebody ELSE to take away.

Not only stupid, lazy, and personal-responsibility-free, it exhibits ZERO COMMON SENSE.

It's less "polluting" to let the animal do its mess in the woods next to the trails...where beetles, ants, etc. will recycle most of it completely in a very short period of time, and where whatever's left becomes fertilizer for the existing plants.

Trying to put mags from a MONOGRAM '57 Chevy onto a MONOGRAM '65 Corvette. Should be direct bolt-on, right? Wrong. The wheel diameters aren't even close--the mags are much bigger. So I can't use the Vette tires, I have to use the '57 Chev tires, which aren't bad but not as good as the Vette ones. But I don't have the '57 Chev wheel backs, so now the Vette wheel backs are way smaller than they should be. Had to thin both the fronts and backs of the wheels to get them both in the '57 Chev tires, then had to wrap the Vette wheel backs with strips of masking tape (it took five wraps) to get them into the '57 tires. So there was about 2 hours of tedious, annoying work that I hadn't counted on. Sigh. It's always somthing, innit? :angry:

Oh well. I guess if building models were easy, anybody could do it. B):lol:

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Reasonable solution to the problem however some will have to find something else to complain about instead.

If everyone kept their area clean, the whole world would be clean...

When I walk my dogs I NEVER let them stop at neighbors yards. We have plenty of places for them to relieve themselves. There are piles and piles of dog stuff along our walk and I always have a thought or two as I pick up my dogs "doo" lying right next to some that another person left but that's what I do as a responsible dog owner.

I have seen the full bag on occasion and wonder what the person was thinking. You did half the job but you never thought this whole procedure through? I have a little hip bag that I use to put the full bags in on our walk. Really not that tough.

2 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Reasonable solution to the problem however some will have to find something else to complain about instead.

Best laugh I've had all day.

Please explain to me why it's MY responsibility to buy and spread pepper all over my yard SO SOMEBODY ELSE'S DOG WON'T DUMP IN IT WHEN THE OWNER WALKS THE ANIMAL.

HINT: Think about why nobody has to spread deterrent to keep ME from dumping my cat's box in THEIR yard.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, Mark said:

If everyone kept their area clean, the whole world would be clean...

Yup.

And just think..the environment whiners wouldn't be advocating for people who had nothing to do with dumping plastic in oceans and waterways to be forced to take on the responsibility to clean it all up...there wouldn't be anything to clean up.

Damm hard for me to understand why that's too hard to grasp.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

When I walk my dogs I NEVER let them stop at neighbors yards. We have plenty of places for them to relieve themselves. There are piles and piles of dog stuff along our walk and I always have a thought or two as I pick up my dogs "doo" lying right next to some that another person left but that's what I do as a responsible dog owner.

I have seen the full bag on occasion and wonder what the person was thinking. You did half the job but you never thought this whole procedure through? I have a little hip bag that I use to put the full bags in on our walk. Really not that tough.

Ah but you are the exception to the rule. One only has to look at the news to understand that people only selfishly care for themselves. To believe this will change is truly futile in the current world. Besides it's their dog's right to poop in your yard and what right do you have to deny it.

• Like 1

I only let my dogs out in my large fenced backyard.  And I do pick up after them, so they don't recycle their product.  I don't walk them on the sidewalks because there are too many big dogs in the neighborhood and I don't trust other people to control their dogs.

Edited by Rob Hall