Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I see inconsiderate dog owners dumping is today's topic.   I still have wire tomato cages at the side of the street by my mailbox, so that has stopped the dumps.  I've seen the occasional poop bags along popular trails, I assume the people will pick up on the return back.  I've heard that dogs hate moth balls.  Do people in your town put their dogs in shopping carts at the store?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Best laugh I've had all day.

Please explain to me why it's MY responsibility to buy and spread pepper all over my yard SO SOMEBODY ELSE'S DOG WON'T DUMP IN IT WHEN THE OWNER WALKS THE ANIMAL.

HINT: Think about why nobody has to spread deterrent to keep ME from dumping my cat's box in THEIR yard.

Ace, I talked with my neighbor about the Sam problem when I seen it.   People let their dogs 🐶 out and let them back in. There are stray dogs. We all have stepped in dog poo but some of us are concerned about the environment including me as you and the dog situation..

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Ace, I talked with my neighbor about the Sam problem when I seen it.   People let their dogs 🐶 out and let them back in. There are stray dogs. We all have stepped in dog poo but some of us are concerned about the environment including me as you and the dog situation..

I appreciate your input, but I'm not talking about strays or dogs let out.

I'm talking about people who walk their dogs on leashes, according to the strict local animal control ordinance here, and let them do their thing in other folks' yards.

I've been working in my home office and looked out the window multiple times to see it happen. With my own eyes.

And I've gone outside and asked the walkers to please not let their animals defecate on my property. Multiple times.

But as ol' hobbybob says, they think "it's their dog's right to poop in your yard and what right do you have to deny it..." and I'm the crazy old geezer doing a "get off my lawn" routine.

EDIT: But personal responsibility, common courtesy, and common sense are going the way of the dodo.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

13 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

...I've seen the occasional poop bags along popular trails, I assume the people will pick up on the return back...

OK. I hike a lot. I'm often the last person on the trail in the evening. I see the little bags constantly, with very obviously nobody coming back to get them.

And it's an ongoing, frequent occurrence. Getting more and more frequent.

If it was a one time thing, or only an occasional thing, I wouldn't have bothered complaining.

But when it's CONSTANT...

Ya know, it’s always something!

I live in a tight knit development with an HOA. And most people walking dogs visibly carry a poo  💩 bag with them.  I cannot remember the last time I found any on our lawn.

But a few years ago our mailbox got poo bombed!  Little felons smeared it all over the box!  

A good thing about the HOA is that we have a neighborhood email chain. Your message immediately goes out to all 109 homes instantly. So I sent my rant about my mailbox..  instantly there were a couple more responses that theirs got pooed too.. then the reports of a couple kids out late at night.. description of the kids.. another neighbor going to review his camera and confirms one of the boys has long blonde hair.

So you just know these kids parents are reading these posts too.  Next thing ya know, my door bell rings!  I open it and there’s a father with a kid with long blonde hair! He looks like he is going to cry!

He stumbles through an apology, looking down at the ground as his father holds onto his shoulder. I was gracious and accepted the apology and said I believed he learned his lesson.

My wife was listening from behind the door.. she confronts me, “You accepted his apology??!”  I responded, “What was I supposed to do? Smear poop on him?!”  😀

16 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Ya know, it’s always something!

I live in a tight knit development with an HOA. And most people walking dogs visibly carry a poo  💩 bag with them.  I cannot remember the last time I found any on our lawn.

But a few years ago our mailbox got poo bombed!  Little felons smeared it all over the box!  

A good thing about the HOA is that we have a neighborhood email chain. Your message immediately goes out to all 109 homes instantly. So I sent my rant about my mailbox..  instantly there were a couple more responses that theirs got pooed too.. then the reports of a couple kids out late at night.. description of the kids.. another neighbor going to review his camera and confirms one of the boys has long blonde hair.

So you just know these kids parents are reading these posts too.  Next thing ya know, my door bell rings!  I open it and there’s a father with a kid with long blonde hair! He looks like he is going to cry!

He stumbles through an apology, looking down at the ground as his father holds onto his shoulder. I was gracious and accepted the apology and said I believed he learned his lesson.

My wife was listening from behind the door.. she confronts me, “You accepted his apology??!”  I responded, “What was I supposed to do? Smear poop on him?!”  😀

I wish our subdivision had something similar.

The closest we get is a page on Facebook for our entire town. Basically, somewhere for people to complain about the following:

• In summer, why is there so much road construction?
  • In winter, why isn't the town fixing the roads?
  • the trains are blocking the road again. Our town is bisected by a CN rail line, sometimes, there are slow moving trains.
  • kids smoking weed near the skatepark. 
  • the neighbours keep putting the dog crap bags in my garbage cans
  • where can i get my car fixed for cheap?

Anyway...

It drives me nuts when I take our pup to the lake, and there's dog crap on the trails. So many bad dog owners. In a close second (#2 if you will) are the horse people. One of the local lakes we frequent is also popular with horse people. If us dog people are expected to pick up the poop, the horse people should as well.

Here we have something called Nextdoor. People post things like that and also good things like coming stores and such. Also Ring doorbell pics of strange people poking around and a few of low lives stealing deliveries from UPS and Amazon and such.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:40 PM, Snake45 said:

Tried to shoot one of my new airguns for the first time this morning, and it wasn't having any. :angry: The problem seems to be with the magazine/CO2 reservoir. It has a 90 day warranty and 60-day money-back guarantee from the vendor, both of which should still be good. I emailed the vendor with my diagnosis of the problem and suggested several solutions that don't involve the time, effort or expense of sending the whole gun back to them. We'll see what happens, but I told them if they have to send the whole gun back, I'll just ask for my money back and re-order it from another vendor who offers a "test fire" service for a nominal price, so I can be sure I get one that works. 

I've bought five new airguns in the past few months. Three of them have performed perfectly and exceeded my expectations. One seems to be experiencing some "break-in bugs" but it does work most of the time and I'm fairly happy with it. Today's is the only one of the five I've had any REAL problem with. 

I am REALLY enjoying shooting these things in my basement for just pennies a session! No heat, rain, or other weather worries! No ammo shortages or mega-high prices! No other jerks to deal with at the range! No drive across town to the range! Just happy, happy trigger time! What's not to like? :D

UPDATE: Already heard back from the vendor's customer service, and they're sending me a replacement magazine to test, no charge, no argument at all! Can't complain about that! :D The vendor, BTW, is Airgundepot.com. Good people! B)

Update: there seemed to be some problem getting management to sign off on the replacement part (@$45) but Customer Service finally gotter done and shipped the part to me Tuesday; it arrived today and seems to be good. Will try to test tomorrow morning and then hopefully will be posting about this thing in the "What Pleased You Today" thread. B)

1 hour ago, cobraman said:

Here we have something called Nextdoor. People post things like that and also good things like coming stores and such. Also Ring doorbell pics of strange people poking around and a few of low lives stealing deliveries from UPS and Amazon and such.

Doh, I forgot about them. I am not part of the group anymore because of too much whining and the yearly "There's a Satanic cat slasher in the neighborhood" panics when the coyotes start taking to-go bags of little Fluffy to their young pups.

11 minutes ago, cobraman said:

...a lot of nervous people on there. Every time someone lights off a firecracker there will be a post or two about gun shots.

Boy howdee.

Them folks sure as tootin' woodunt like it 'roun here.

Our ideer of a good time of an evenin is gettin' a buncha ol frigerators outen the yard n blowin the dang doors offen em with shotguns.

2 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Boy howdee.

Them folks sure as tootin' woodunt like it 'roun here.

Our ideer of a good time of an evenin is gettin' a buncha ol frigerators outen the yard n blowin the dang doors offen em with shotguns.

I would like that 

9 hours ago, Rodent said:

Doh, I forgot about them. I am not part of the group anymore because of too much whining and the yearly "There's a Satanic cat slasher in the neighborhood" panics when the coyotes start taking to-go bags of little Fluffy to their young pups.

We have a guy 2 doors down wh likes to kill 🐈.   Kill my neighbors 2 had their daughter crying and shot the two strays we have. My wife raised one from a kitten. He admitted to my neighbor he shoots cats but he must use a silencer.  You can’t prove it to do anything about.  

i have been looking for some new linen sheets or a quilted blanket. i have been looking at different sites, and the prices and reviews etc. i am over researching probably. however, i found that even though i am only visiting the websites, i am getting emails from the companies. i never once signed up for anything on any of these. just reviewing the sites, checking costs, shipping etc. 

i am sure they are somehow using the computer's cookies to get my information, like my email address. i dont see how this is allowed without me saying its ok. for each one that emailed me i have added them to spam, reported them using google's gmail spam as not signing up. additionally, any company that emailed me is automatically out of the running for me to purchase from them.

i am sure my little purchase wont mean anything to them, but im standing to it.

one of the companies that hidden grabbed my email offered me a coupon for 15% off. you think that will make it OK?

Edited by MrMiles

We were rudely awakened at 5am by our fire alarm system sounding off!  Loud in all rooms! No way could you sleep through it.  It blasted for a few minutes then shut itself off. 

I went through the entire house, peeked in the attic and walked around the outside to be sure. Nothing! 

With adrenaline pumping there was no way we could go back to sleep so we made coffee. And now we are both dragging! Will certainly sleep tonight! 

At my age I seldom get irked, however today a package was delivered and left on our door step and the driver was not smart enough to ring our doorbell even though the package had "DRY ICE" markings on it. This has also been done with meds delivered to our house packed in dry ice as well. Are these jar heads that stupid not to realize it's the middle of summer and these packages do NOT need to sit out side in the hot weather or what??? It's a good thing that they're not working for me.