Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

David, the roofers don't care. (as you have probably surmised)

It's just a job to them, and caring about trash is not what they get paid to do. In Fact, around here anyway, even when the are paid to clean up the trash there in a 50/50 chance that they will do it. Many people don't care about that kind of thing anymore. But, It isn't a new problem. Lady Bird Johnson started one of the first anti-litter campaigns, over 60 years ago. So folks have not changed much.

this is mostly my fault for buying this and not continuing searching, but...

i bought something on amazon from a 3rd party seller, shipped by amazon. it is not supposed to arrive for 5 days after i ordered.   the next morning, i found almost the exact same thing for the same price on amazon but would arrive the next day. i saw the item had not yet shipped from amazon, so i clicked cancel order. i got an email that they wont cancel it because its shipping soon. however, here we are 2 days later (3 days total) and it is still not marked as shipped. i know it should arrive in a couple of days now, but out of principal, they said its shipping soon, and it still hasnt. i dont see why they wouldnt cancel it.  it said on the email that i could return it if i like, but at this point, im just going to keep it.

also, irked that i bought something on ebay that says ships within 2 days. here i am 5 days later and still not shipped. printing the usps label within 2 days is not the same as actually shipping it.  i paid more for this over a different seller because it said it would arrive faster. 5 days is pretty long to not even ship something and its sunday, so it will go into its 6th day at least. the ebay estimate was that it is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but that isnt going to happen.   but god forbid if you leave neutral or negative feedback for people that actually deserve it....i got a negative comment by someone on ebay for asking if something had shipped 7 days after the auction ended. it wasnt a negative feedback, but a negative comment on a positive feedback. i had not even left them poor feedback. i gave them a positive with just "arrived" as the feedback, and i get a bad comment back.

i dont know why i keep getting surprised by slow shippers on ebay, it seems to become normal that things take a week to ship it. i love it that they say payment within 48 hours or they will cancel your order as non payment and then they take a week to ship

i know i need to learn better patience, but meh.

Edited by youpey

Went to go run one of my crawler trucks about a week and a half to two weeks ago and the receiver wouldn’t power up then the speed control would just shut off. Finally got around to look at it today and tried a different Receiver hoping that was all it would be and same thing happened.  Looks like it’s going to need a new speed control, so I figure if it’s going to need to be replaced, might as well spend a little extra to replace the 11-12y/o speed control and receiver the truck came with a new 2 in 1 that will work with the radio I put in my 1/24 scale truck.

Stalled projects.😈 I bought a few models today at a flea market. So I plugged this site and the model into google to get some ideas brewing. I found some absolutely fantastic custom and kit bashing builds going on. I just get interested and excited with it to find the thread just stops, three, five, ten or more years ago.😕 I don’t know if I should dredge up a ten year old thread to see if anything ever became of it?  I have a few kits myself that I’ve started and put aside, and if I had kept up with this hobby since I was a kid I would very likely have a stack of them.

• Like 1

i used to collect small statues and stuff for star wars. i dont buy them anymore, but i still have them displayed and have enjoyed looking at them.  today i was putting one away to put a different one up, and found that my statue's lightsaber was cracked in 2 places. unfortunately, this was a very limited run and i can't get a replacement. I would need to buy another statue on the 2nd hand market, but that is not really financially smart. 

unfortunately, i was not careful enough with it, so i have nobody to blame but me. 

On 8/14/2021 at 11:51 AM, Tom Geiger said:

The only good part of their (amazon) inefficiency is that they keep a mess of people employed!

Maybe so, but I have read that they pay crappy, wages and tread employees like poo.

Edited by peteski

On 8/15/2021 at 7:20 AM, youpey said:

i know i need to learn better patience, but meh.

Not sure if you are old enough remember when mail order involved receiving a printed catalog in the snail-mail, puling out the order forum inside and filling it out, then mailing it along with a check or money order (via snail-mail), then waiting 8-8 weeks to receive the order via snail-mail, or UPS. Back then there was no such thing as tracking either. You just waited, and if the item showed up sooner than 6 weeks, you were overjoyed!  Oh, I often used the C.O.D. payment method. :)

My, how the world has changed . . .

15 minutes ago, peteski said:

Not sure if you are old enough remember when mail order involved receiving a printed catalog in the snail-mail, puling out the order forum inside and filling it out, then mailing it along with a check or money order (via snail-mail), then waiting 8-8 weeks to receive the order via snail-mail, or UPS. Back then there was no such thing as tracking either. You just waited, and if the item showed up sooner than 6 weeks, you were overjoyed!  Oh, I often used the C.O.D. payment method. :)

And if you ordered from Auto World, they NEVER had your complete order, and would send you a "credit" for the missing item(s). Which means you had to order something else, and pay another shipping charge, and then get ANOTHER credit for an out of stock item, and so on and so on ad infinitum. :angry: I wonder how many of us here "died with" a credit from AW, i.e., just gave up and ate the loss. :angry:

I couldn't believe it when I first ordered from Squadron Shop in the '80s. I'd mail them a check and just seven or eight days later, I'd have my items, and if they didn't have something, they sent you an actual REFUND CHECK! :blink:  Later, I'd call in my order using a credit card and would have my order in 3-4 days. Once I called in an order on Saturday morning and it was at my post office on Monday afternoon! I am not making this up!:blink:

Yes, I remember the Auto World scam.

Was just talking to my wife about the old days of ordering things and you waited until one day when it showed up. Kind of fun that way. I added is it better this way with the tracking as we complain about the scenic trip our package goes on or the old way? My problem is when we are told when to expect our package but it doesn't come then. Frustrating.

I want to start building my KW mixer that i bought at a local store to where i live now.
But i cant because all my modeling tools,glue and paint are at my old house 400 miles away from where i am..
I could buy some new stuff but it fells unnecessary when i have 2 full boxes of supplies that soon will be here.

I also want to order a few models online but i must wait because when they were to arrive me and my gf no longer live where we live now (her house)
The other problem is i cant order them to the new adress because if they arrive earlier it will show up to the current owners of our new house.
The 3:rd problem is i dont even now what the adress is to our new house yet, i only know the streetname but not the postalcode.
I cant use my adress to my old house becuase i will not have time to drive 400 miles to pick them up if they show up down there after i have handed over my keys to the new owners of my house.
So i just have to wait.

fedex "delivered" my package 30  minutes ago. however, im home and i sit right by a window to the front door. nobody came. i call fedex to ask them if the driver maybe gave it to the wrong house, and they wont talk to me until i dont have it by tomorrow.

i assumed it would be here shortly, that the driver just scanned a bunch at once, but i saw him drive by a minute ago...going way over the speed limit.

Edited by MrMiles

On 8/17/2021 at 2:07 PM, MrMiles said:

fedex "delivered" my package 30  minutes ago. however, im home and i sit right by a window to the front door. nobody came. i call fedex to ask them if the driver maybe gave it to the wrong house, and they wont talk to me until i dont have it by tomorrow.

i assumed it would be here shortly, that the driver just scanned a bunch at once, but i saw him drive by a minute ago...going way over the speed limit.

Ahh, FedEx. A few months ago I ordered a bass guitar and amp from Fender, and FedEx was the courier (or carrier?). The bass arrived a few days after it was scheduled to, and the amp arrived 2 weeks later than the bass. Both were supposed to arrive at about the same time.

Well it’s going to irk me tomorrow.They are calling for a hurricane warning here in NY.And of course it falls out out on one of the biggest car shows of the year.However,they are going to reschedule it till next week.I just hope that there’s not gonna be too much damage,and that everyone stays safe.

9 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Well it’s going to irk me tomorrow.They are calling for a hurricane warning here in NY.And of course it falls out out on one of the biggest car shows of the year.However,they are going to reschedule it till next week.I just hope that there’s not gonna be too much damage,and that everyone stays safe.

Yes I saw that  on the news last night 'bout the hurricane coming your way, stay SAFE!

1 hour ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

That would be hard, as it is a plymouth XD

But I had considered that. Not really my cup of tea though

Now that I look back at the pictures I can see my error. I don't see how you could ever get that body straight again.