Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

1 minute ago, espo said:

Now that I look back at the pictures I can see my error. I don't see how you could ever get that body straight again. 

I cannot... I tried. But I am looking for a new body. At least now I know that orange really needs a white base, not a light gray. Every cloud has a silver lining as they say

13 minutes ago, Ceaser_Salad said:

Thanks! That is the 1/24 1971 Plymouth Cuda by revell. I put a wanted ad in the classifieds already

That's a common kit, you shouldn't have much trouble finding one. So you got that goin' for ya. B)

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

That's a common kit, you shouldn't have much trouble finding one. So you got that goin' for ya. B)

I do. I would buy another kit but then I would have an entire chassis and engine and all for nothing... I don't like having extra kits and such. I like to build what I buy

9 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

People that ignore 35+ years of experience. Well it worked  for me they say. Fine, is it really worth chancing  wrecking a pet project?

The story of my life!

Once was involved with a project. I warned two youngsters that they needed to do something different or they’d fail.. and explained exactly what would happen!

They ignored me and they failed. It went exactly as I said it would!  Idiots went screaming to management that I sabotaged them since I exactly predicted the result!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 10:14 AM, Tom Geiger said:

The story of my life!

Once was involved with a project. I warned two youngsters that they needed to do something different or they’d fail.. and explained exactly what would happen!

They ignored me and they failed. It went exactly as I said it would!  Idiots went screaming to management that I sabotaged them since I exactly predicted the result!

I had a former coworker once ask me how to fix a certain bug in her program. i said thats easy, just click this and hit that.

Her response was i dont think thats right.

I say ok, and i walk away.

8 hours later she comes back and says what was that again. i told her and its all fixer. 1 minute fix

10 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Well, it’s like this...her way or the wrong way. Then she comes crawling back swallow her pride to ask again? LOLOLOL! Wow...

She was our shortest lasting employee. she asked me for help on something and i said ok, i just need 5 minutes.

I walk over and she is on the internet shopping. I said im ready to help and she told me she wasn't ready for me and would come get me. I just walked away. I think she lasted 2 or 3 weeks total.

mosquito bites.  and not just any mosquito bites.  asian tiger mosquito bites.  so not only do they itch like no words can describe, but they're painful as well.  and to top that all off, they're in bad locations.  back of my right leg behind my right knee right where my shorts rub.  and on the side of my left pinky finger at almost the middle knuckle.   and if history's taught me anything, ill be dealing with these for the next 10 to 12 days.

Looks like I’m going to need a storage tub big enough for a 1/10 long bed Squarebody and a couple gallons of Super Clean…..

93F2E711-4AEB-4B6E-A95B-0744C2FA3B66.thumb.jpeg.c5306329e52548960b881675dc28649a.jpeg4B76C83F-353C-4E3A-9536-09F866F5444F.thumb.jpeg.9cbc4da68b29bc3848ad662587fc3612.jpeg

The primer I applied June of 2020 wasn’t biting into the plastic on my Clod and just peels off with masking tape.  Only part of the body I haven’t tried tape on was the cab pillars and roof 🤬

I haven't ordered paint in a couple of years.  I went to the Coast Airbrush site to place an order only to discover shock. The HOK  2 oz premixed bottles of paint for $6 - 9.00 are now 4oz for $16 - 28.00.  If I resupply all the colors I'm out of, the bill will be slightly over $500.00 plus shipping.

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

I haven't ordered paint in a couple of years.  I went to the Coast Airbrush site to place an order only to discover shock. The HOK  2 oz premixed bottles of paint for $6 - 9.00 are now 4oz for $16 - 28.00.  If I resupply all the colors I'm out of, the bill will be slightly over $500.00 plus shipping.

Wow! You like to keep a lot of paint in stock.😬

Edited by NOBLNG

I drive a bus for the disabled for a living. When I got to my first drop off, the staff came over and asked what time it was. I looked at my watch (yes, I still wear a watch with hands & numbers) I replied with "A quarter after 8" She looks at me and says, "so 8:25 right?" I don't know her age but she's probably in her late 20s early 30s. I think she should be able to tell time by now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mchook said:

I drive a bus for the disabled for a living. When I got to my first drop off, the staff came over and asked what time it was. I looked at my watch (yes, I still wear a watch with hands & numbers) I replied with "A quarter after 8" She looks at me and says, "so 8:25 right?" I don't know her age but she's probably in her late 20s early 30s. I think she should be able to tell time by now.

To paraphrase John Wayne: numbers are hard; they're even harder if you're stupid.

• Haha 2