Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I had terrible pains, worst i have ever had in my life. I had an abcess. This was by far the most painful thing I ever experienced 

It finally ruptured at 5am this morning. i went to the dr and she said everything is ok now and put me on antibiotic. 

If it happens again, im going to the dr first thing to get it cut off before it gets to the point that it has to burst

Had to get the Covid before the knee scope later this week.  The wife (who is a nurse) had to get one at a drive thru testing and I could not watch that elephant Q-tip disappear up her nose like a magic trick.  She told me they don't use them anymore so I was less than thrilled when the lady pulled that thing out of a drawer.  I hate when a bug flies up the nose so I knew this would be worse so I told her I'm putting my head against the wall before she rammed that Northward as I'm sure I will have a reflex.

What is up the right nostril that isn't already up the left nostril??  She told me we were done, but I think the proper answer was "Tada!" when she pulled it out.

Chris Griffin finger nose.jpg

• Haha 1

The Q-Tip thing makes me laugh, now any way. Last year I had to go in for Thyroid surgery and of course I had to have the test before they would let me in the Hospital. The Nurse had me stand with my head against the wall, and then she tried to nail my head to the wall with the Q-Tip that looked more like a cotton tipped sward. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HomerS said:

Had to get the Covid before the knee scope later this week.  The wife (who is a nurse) had to get one at a drive thru testing and I could not watch that elephant Q-tip disappear up her nose like a magic trick.  She told me they don't use them anymore so I was less than thrilled when the lady pulled that thing out of a drawer.  I hate when a bug flies up the nose so I knew this would be worse so I told her I'm putting my head against the wall before she rammed that Northward as I'm sure I will have a reflex.

What is up the right nostril that isn't already up the left nostril??  She told me we were done, but I think the proper answer was "Tada!" when she pulled it out.

Well that's really interesting. I had mine done 2 weeks ago. Just a gentle in and out, maybe 5 seconds, and I'm on my way home. No pain, no discomfort, no after effects. I get it done again tomorrow 3 days before a procedure, this time at a hospital. We'll see if they are as gentle as my primary doc's medical group.

22 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

What the heck is that supposed to mean? 

You and I puttin’ goofy reactions on each other’s posts. I know it’s you because I only get the notifications at the same time it shows you visited my profile. Anyway, just want you to know it’s all in good humor on my side. 

Last week I got a call from the electric company (she actually said she was from a "contractor of the electric company") saying they wanted to give me a bunch of energy-saving light bulbs, a low-flow showerhead, and maybe some other energy-saving "stuff," and everything was already paid for due to some tax I was already paying on my electric bill every month. Wanted to set up an appointment, the guy would make delivery outside, wouldn't have to come in my house. Well, okay. 

The appointment hour came, the guy was actually a few minutes early. Nice kid. He had a big bag of goodies and put on shoe coverings and was wearing a mask. I invited him to step on in for a minute. At this point he said he needed to physically change all my light bulbs himself:blink::blink::blink: I told him the lady on the phone told me the products would be delivered outside, he wouldn't even come in. He said, "Yeah, that's been changed, now I have to install them all myself." I said, "Well, that's not gonna happen, so I guess we're done here." He picked up the bag and left without arguing. Very nice about the whole thing. 

I'm now thinking this was some sort of scam. I'll bet if I'd let him change all the light bulbs, I'd have then been presented with a bill for the "service call" even though the stuff was "free." Or I'd have been asked to sign something that would have turned out to be a bill of some kind. The more I think about it, the more I think it was a straight-up scam. Anyone else have anything like this happen?

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Last week I got a call from the electric company (she actually said she was from a "contractor of the electric company") saying they wanted to give me a bunch of energy-saving light bulbs, a low-flow showerhead, and maybe some other energy-saving "stuff," and everything was already paid for due to some tax I was already paying on my electric bill every month. Wanted to set up an appointment, the guy would make delivery outside, wouldn't have to come in my house. Well, okay. 

The appointment hour came, the guy was actually a few minutes early. Nice kid. He had a big bag of goodies and put on shoe coverings and was wearing a mask. I invited him to step on in for a minute. At this point he said he needed to physically change all my light bulbs himself:blink::blink::blink: I told him the lady on the phone told me the products would be delivered outside, he wouldn't even come in. He said, "Yeah, that's been changed, now I have to install them all myself." I said, "Well, that's not gonna happen, so I guess we're done here." He picked up the bag and left without arguing. Very nice about the whole thing. 

I'm now thinking this was some sort of scam. I'll bet if I'd let him change all the light bulbs, I'd have then been presented with a bill for the "service call" even though the stuff was "free." Or I'd have been asked to sign something that would have turned out to be a bill of some kind. The more I think about it, the more I think it was a straight-up scam. Anyone else have anything like this happen?

We had a similar program here in Ontario a few years back. I believe ours was sponsored by the local gas distribution company and included the goodies you mentioned along with insulation for the water heater piping. No appointment, a guy just showed up at the door with a bag and wanted to come in for the installation. I told him he wasn't coming in and he left but he did leave the bag of goodies for me to install. The program here was legit. The gas company here is big on helping people reduce their energy costs.

"A contractor of ---" sounds like "I'm calling from your credit card company".  

What credit card company?  You don't know the name of it?  When you came to work this morning, what name was on the building that you walked into?

My mom got those types of calls a lot.  First off, she was nobody's fool, second, after they'd ask for a credit card number or something like that, she'd tell them that, even if she were dumb enough to fall for their krap, she couldn't see well enough to read the number off of a statement.

Click...

Snow..
And that i have to replace one of the rear brakecalipers on one of the cars i have.
Replaced the brakepads today when changing to wintertires and had to use a sledgehammer to get the caliper back on..
Its one of those calipers with the parkingbrake built in to it so that will be fun..
Even more fun is that the brakehose is screwed directly in to the caliper and not with a banjobolt that a normal caliper have so that will also be a fun fight with that one...
Not looking forward to that at all.

If i am lucky i can put it off untill spring next year, but knowing my luck i will have to fix it this year.

12 hours ago, Mark said:

An actual quote from a guy I used to work for:

"Why does EVERYONE think I'm paranoid"?

I had a manager years ago that had a couple good sayings.....

I'm not paranoid!!  That is a vicious rumor started by people out to get me!!

I've had the electric company send me some low-energy light bulbs and they work pretty good in certain places. I've tried a couple of low flow shower heads and they're useless. It takes twice as long to try and rinse soap off you so how does that save? I stick with the regular shower heads that you can adjust for your needs and get in and get out so I think I'm still saving water.....and time.

Yesterday I put up some Christmas lights on the house. I figured this would be the last chance to get it done without having to wear gloves. Both timers were shot so I had to go and buy two new ones. Last night they came on just like clock work only to find half of one of the strings of lights will not come on. Rain tonight and a big chance of snow on Friday. They are on the back of the house so it may be a while before I bother with them. 

Not going to believe this. Last night the rain storm came thru and we had wind gusts up to 50 mph per the weather guy on TV. About 10 pm the center string of Christmas lights started working. I'm glad I put off dragging the latter around to fix them yesterday. 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Not going to believe this. Last night the rain storm came thru and we had wind gusts up to 50 mph per the weather guy on TV. About 10 pm the center string of Christmas lights started working. I'm glad I put off dragging the latter around to fix them yesterday. 

Cool. Next time I have an electrical problem, I'll spray water on it while blowing hard with a very strong fan.

Should work, eh?

36 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Cool. Next time I have an electrical problem, I'll spray water on it while blowing hard with a very strong fan.

Should work, eh?

I won't work if you actually plan it. It only works because of The Natural Cussedness of the Universe. :lol: