Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

17 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

In the hospital again . Now is the 4th time in the last 5 months. 3 of them for the same problem infected leg wounds from bypass surgery. All together just sucks in general from being out of work to barely able to walk for months . Very stressful and depressing to say the least. So that's what irked me today ..pretty much everything about my current situation.lol thanks for listening guys ! I appreciate it 

Good luck, Kenneth, and drop in here frequently for inspiration and cheering-up. B)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

In the hospital again . Now is the 4th time in the last 5 months. 3 of them for the same problem infected leg wounds from bypass surgery. All together just sucks in general from being out of work to barely able to walk for months . Very stressful and depressing to say the least. So that's what irked me today ..pretty much everything about my current situation.lol thanks for listening guys ! I appreciate it 

Well Kenneth, here's hoping things get better for ya. We're here for ya guy!!

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, Ctmodeler said:

Sorry to hear of your health trouble.  Chime in anytime we are always open. I have been in the hospital plenty.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

I hope you get well soon. I know how you feel. I had something similar going on a few years ago. Took 6 months to figure out what was wrong, and another year to treat it. Hang in there, and ask lots of questions. 

• Like 1

Had original AMT Ghostbuster Caddy in local hobby shop case for display since the kit was released. I usually just bring models to display to help boost sales. Well some 'boosted' the Ecto 1. Thanks to whoever needed the Ecto 1 that bad. Now the hobby shop owner is going to be out money or a kit. 

ABP: BOLO: 1 AMT 1/25th scale Ghostbusters Ecto 1. Built and detailed. License plate: New York ECTO-1. Distinctive hand painted red rear fins, and tinted glass as original vehicle, Last scene in the Boardman Ohio area, Kit has been sitting for years. No notification of ransom or reward. Notify via PM the below party, No picture available. That is all.

greg

My next door neighbor has no tree in his front yard, but one side of his yard adjoins mine and I have a huge oak..big enough to reach over my driveway and his...and it's similar with is neighbor on his other side...so he gets a lot of my leaves and the other neighbor's leaves...and the acorns..so many acorns accumulate on the edges of the driveways..was out w/ my leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher this weekend attacking the leaves, but too much of that and the vibration killed me...also got my covid booster shot this weekend, no ill effects from that, but sore all over from a little yard work...

Edited by Rob Hall

On 11/18/2021 at 8:14 PM, Suburban_Hooligan said:

peoples inability to suitably operate a motor vehicle was particularly infuriating today.  as well as there inability to navigate.

Today? Geez... you really need get out more often. There are idiot drivers everyday 24/7, 365 days a year. Where have you been? LOL!

• Haha 1

I work with three guys who are extremely competent...at pretty much everything they do.

We spent about 15 minutes today recounting the rare instances when each of us has encountered other folks who actually do their jobs well (really, to a level that used to be taken as average).

We all realized at the same moment we were taking time out to recount interactions with people who do what's expected of them for the money they're paid, as opposed to our constant harping on slackers, morons, and the legion of I-just-don't-care.

Because it's so unusual these days...see?

And we all walked away shaking our heads about the way things are today.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

35 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I work with three guys who are extremely competent...at pretty much everything they do.

We spent about 15 minutes today recounting the rare instances when each of us has encountered other folks who actually do their jobs well (really, to a level that used to be pretty much taken as typical).

We all realized at the same moment we were taking time out to recount interactions with people who do what's expected of them for the money they're paid, as opposed to our constant harping on slackers, morons, and the legion of I-just-don't-care.

Because it's so unusual these days...see?

And we all walked away shaking our heads about the way things are today.

In October of 1989, I walked into the McDonald's in the Danbury Mall in Danbury, CT. It looked like the line was about about 2 deep, but someone asked me for my order almost immediately. I told him, he put it in a bag, and handed it to me and I didn't have to wait for anything to get finished. :blink: I don't think I'd been on the premises 60 whole seconds at that point.  I told the guy--who turned out to be the manager--that that had never happened to me at any McDonald's anywhere, ever, in over 20 years. He said, "Thanks--that's why we're rated the #1 McDonald's in the world most months." I congratulated him and haven't forgotten it to this day. 

7 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

In October of 1989, I walked into the McDonald's in the Danbury Mall in Danbury, CT. It looked like the line was about about 2 deep, but someone asked me for my order almost immediately. I told him, he put it in a bag, and handed it to me and I didn't have to wait for anything to get finished. :blink: I don't think I'd been on the premises 60 whole seconds at that point.  I told the guy--who turned out to be the manager--that that had never happened to me at any McDonald's anywhere, ever, in over 20 years. He said, "Thanks--that's why we're rated the #1 McDonald's in the world most months." I congratulated him and haven't forgotten it to this day. 

1989? I wonder how that same McDonald's is rated today (assuming they are still being rated)?

Corporate HQ probably told them to change everything.  

I don't go to McD's often.  The one up the street uses the kiosks for ordering.  The last half dozen times I was there, I didn't get a receipt because the kiosk ran out of paper and hadn't been reloaded, or was loaded improperly and was jammed.  Walk-ins usually take forever anywhere around here, as everyone blows off the walk-in customers to take care of the drive-through window.

We poured sidewalks yesterday and today, unfortunately on a busy road. We had cones out and hazard flashers on but a lot of people still don’t know how to slow down any.

Last week when we were setting forms and subgrade, I signaled traffic for a tractor guy who was working with us, he got out in the road with a load of gravel in his scoop so I held the sign with the “STOP” side pointed towards the incoming traffic. I guess literacy isn’t all too common, ‘cause some old bat in a white Tacoma blasted right by and glared at me, then proceeded to swerve around the tractor by driving in the opposite lane. It’s stuff like this that makes me wonder if the DMV started handing out driver’s licenses like Halloween candy.

17 minutes ago, Mark said:

...I don't go to McD's often.  The one up the street uses the kiosks for ordering.  The last half dozen times I was there, I didn't get a receipt because the kiosk ran out of paper and hadn't been reloaded, or was loaded improperly and was jammed...

The gas station I use most often hasn't had paper for receipts at the pumps for weeks.

I need fuel receipts for my work vehicle.

For a while now, I've had to walk into the station and ask for a receipt about every other fillup.  I keep track of gas mileage, and need to keep track of credit card spending in case the paper statement doesn't arrive in the mail.

My Dang Amazon Parrot bit me again today. I'm told that you are not a "real Parrot Owner" until they've bitten you. Second time in two months he's bitten me. I think I'm going to change how I interact with him. Less hands on, more verbal. He gets lonely when I'm at work, but then wants to 'chew' on me when I get home.

I like him, but there is SO much to learn about owning a Parrot. Especially a medium to big bird like my Amazon. I've had him now for over 6 months. He is a rescue bird, his old owner passed away. He is between 32-35 years old, and we have no idea what his previous life looked like. So, everything is a guess. He whistles, and makes a loud variety of chirps and calls, but he has not talked. To judge by U-Tube Video's only some are natural calls. The other noises he learned, but we have no idea what the mean (or meant). He has suffered neurological damage to one of his legs, so he has some difficulty getting around. The rescue, Well Meaning but not very educated, had his wings clipped. They were done badly so, it will take another few months before he can get all of his feathers back. We can see his wings getting better, and the feathers growing back, but it is a slow process.  He is not a bad bird, just an older, crippled one. I have great compassion for him, but sometimes he frustrates me. I just have so much to learn.

Our vet assured us that he is not in pain, and the next closest Avian vet is in Los Angeles. Not going that far down, right now. But It may come to that. 

I think part of it is that he most likely lived for many years in one place, with a set routine. He is not there anymore, and the new routines from our house, are still not a good fit for him. He has good days, and bad days. Today should be better. Besides, tomorrow he gets leftover Turkey. (Yes, parrots will eat small bites of meat)

my wife's coworker came into work sick all week, and decided to get a covid test and tested positive. now her entire company has to get tested and they did the 15 minute tests today to see if anyone else tested positive. 

my wife and i were going to surprise my mother at thanksgiving, so we had to cancel that, and we had to cancel our hotel, and we are out the almost 200 dollars for that. i also had to get groceries delivered for my wife and my thanksgiving because we didnt think we needed to cook.

i could absolutely scream. we see my mother maybe 2 times a year and because this lady was a selfish and stupid idiot, everything is ruined. 

Alan, I had a smaller parrot many, many years ago and enjoyed it very much. Amazing how much personality a bird can have.

I applaud your patience and care you're giving this bird and hope that things will improve soon. I can only imagine what this poor bird has gone through lately with all the changes to deal with. Sounds like he will have a good home now.

I started building the Big John Mazmanian Willys gas coupe.  The instructions have a suggested color for each part. I took the headers an blower and threw them into a bleach bath to strip the chrome.  Headers were to be steel color and the blower a dark gray.  Later that evening I googled the coupe and discovered the real one has chrome headers and blower.  Very upsetting.