Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

19 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

You still have Photobucket?!?!? Everyone who had Photobucket quickly dumped them and retrieved their pics prior to them charging ridiculous money or risk them holding your pics hostage. Shoulda ran when you had the chance, I use Postimage.

I didn't have to "retrieve" them, I had all but about five or six still on my hard drive. 

25 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

You still have Photobucket?!?!? Everyone who had Photobucket quickly dumped them and retrieved their pics prior to them charging ridiculous money or risk them holding your pics hostage. 

Actually, those of us who paid for p-bucket from the beginning (which I did to avoid the moronic, screaming, marketing gibberish you had to sit through during uploads to the "free" version) didn't get caught in the hostage-taking debacle.

I still have my grandfathered-in account, and it works without watermarks...and it's still cheap.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

6 hours ago, espo said:

Bad drivers seem to be a universal problem. 

This morning!  A woman in a Lincoln Navigator... the second the right turn signal came on she gave me several blasts of the horn.  I turned quickly and then she made sure she blasted past me, glaring at me..  of course she then traveled 40mph in the 45mph zone for most of my trip to work!

10 hours ago, peteski said:

Interesting. I have been noticing in general that more women than man drive very aggressively around my area.  Used to be the other way around.

I was once sitting at a stop sign to leave a restaurant. there was so much traffic that i couldn't go for a few minutes. 

Finally sone lady that was behind me pulled next to me blocking the entrance and said you have to just go and make them stop for you.

She immediately went and nearly had 2 cars side swipe her and they both blasted the horn. 

Since she did that. It freed up space for me to go safely. 

I Never wish for people to crash, but that was one time i wish it happened 

Edited by MrMiles

11 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

This morning!  A woman in a Lincoln Navigator... the second the right turn signal came on she gave me several blasts of the horn.  I turned quickly and then she made sure she blasted past me, glaring at me..  of course she then traveled 40mph in the 45mph zone for most of my trip to work!

Most of these clowns are in a hurry to go nowhere. They are a danger out on the road to others and most of them are rushing for no reason. 

This may apply to mostly Kansas drivers, but I don't think we have a corner on this behavior. Drivers will run up on you and then sit in your "blind spot" and then speed up and pass you and then turn in front of you and then slow down. If you start to go around them to maintain your speed then they take off like they're in a race. They need to learn that the turn signals are to alert other drivers of what you intend to do, not what you have done. Should you be driving on a multi lane hiway and your speed isn't any faster than the traffic in the slow lane, you might be the problem. Speeding up to block cars interring the hiway is rude and dangerous. The advantage to Kansas drivers is that our license plates show what county your car is registered in and there does seem to be curtain driving styles depending on what county the driver is from. I have found this an aid when encountering these drivers on the hiway. I have no problem moving over to let someone going faster than I on the hiway. I admit to traveling 5 mph and up to 10 mph over the posted limit if traffic allows this safely. But 80 mph plus you're on your own in my mind. Most drivers seem to struggle to safely operate a motor vehicle at any speed.   

7 hours ago, espo said:

our license plates show what county your car is registered i

Same deal with Idaho plates. The first 2 characters indicate the county the passenger vehicle is registered in (except Butte County which is 3: 10B).

In my state the basic tree plates go like this: either 3 randomized letters followed by a space for the pine tree and 3 randomized numbers, or 3 numbers followed by a space and 3 letters. 

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

... doing an auto model search on ebay has become a real pain ... So much other stuff comes up on a search ...

Aha, then I'm not the only one seeing that. My irk, too, then. Every night after supper, I go through a bunch of my bookmarked ebay search links, and in both my word-specific searches of the words  "Vintage" and "Built" in the Automotive category, there's been waaaaaay too many instances of results scattered among all the car/truck models that are bunches of military tanks or other non-automotive military stuff.

The main highway going into Prescott this afternoon was closed, tonight I see construction hit a gas pipeline.  Daily traffic count here is what the population of town is.  So it was a cluster**** both ways.  I had a business appointment, and car parts to get.  Of course some drivers got aggressive and didn't let people in, I was signaling and being polite, and took some back streets to get around the back-up.  The two errands took a little longer, and had to add a third stop.  I was kind of wound up by the time I got to the appointment.

I'll support the 'bad drivers' comments. They have been getting steadily worse on the evening commute to work. This 'passing on the right' fad is especially bothersome, IMHO. cutting others off, and trying to squeeze in where there is no room seem to be the biggest issues. And those problems all seem to be caused by Sail Fons (Cell phones) taking over as the center of attention. Texting while driving is getting more and more common. Frankly, it scares me some nights.

We have waited two Fridays in a row now from non to 5 for the Lowes contracted dish washer repairman to show up. The first time Lowes service said the agant that took the order forgot to hit send. They rescheduled the next available repair for today.As I said, no show.  I was finally able to get thru to automated person with the reair company and it said "we have no order pending on this phone number.  My wife is about to by paper plates and plastic utensils to eat with😂

On 12/2/2021 at 10:22 PM, Russell C said:

Aha, then I'm not the only one seeing that. My irk, too, then. Every night after supper, I go through a bunch of my bookmarked ebay search links, and in both my word-specific searches of the words  "Vintage" and "Built" in the Automotive category, there's been waaaaaay too many instances of results scattered among all the car/truck models that are bunches of military tanks or other non-automotive military stuff.

Being discussed in the General section in the Official Ebay Thread (pinned).

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Sail Fons (Cell phones) taking over as the center of attention. Texting while driving is getting more and more common.

OK, my car has Android Auto and I can dictate texts and drive if I feel the need. I can even read and respond to MS Teams posts very easily.

What I don't understand is when I see cars WAY new enough to have Bluetooth / Android Auto / Apple CarPlay being piloted by clueless inDUHviduals driving with their phone clamped to their face.

Doesn't irk me as much as shocks me that people are so dumb and self absorbed. leaving hobby lobby there were 3 different people, not together,  walking in the middle of the street in the parkin lot so you can only drive as fast as they can walk

Pick a side

5 hours ago, MrMiles said:

Doesn't irk me as much as shocks me that people are so dumb and self absorbed. leaving hobby lobby there were 3 different people, not together,  walking in the middle of the street in the parkin lot so you can only drive as fast as they can walk

Pick a side

That's what the horn is for.

And when they give you the stink-eye, that's what middle fingers are for.

Bought the Funko AC/DC five character item from WalMart that was part of the black Friday sale.  There's nothing I need bad enough to forego sleep so I was shocked it was still available later a couple days later.  Package arrived and for once wants crushed....good sign.  Open the box and the case isn't cracked/damaged....two for two.  FedEx didn't disappoint as three of the figures were off their mounts and two of those were beheaded.  Took it to the store for a refund.