Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

apparently a model that i have been waiting for USPS to deliver has been delayed in NJ (about 20 to 30 minutes from my house) for severe weather for the past 4 days. However, their automated system didnt realize that I live in NJ and we have been having 40 to 70 degree days with every day clear (one day had minor rain)

maybe it only storms over the usps buildings and all the surrounding areas have perfect weather. or maybe 50 degrees and sunny is bad?

why not just state the truth, usps doesnt care when/if they actually deliver my package. i would actually feel better over lying that there is bad weather

Edited by MrMiles
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

491 pages of irks against 223 pages of what pleased us today.

Are most of us just getting a bit grumpy judging by the above stat?

Anyone with even a semblance of a brain can't help being increasingly grumpy with the state of most things these days...among which is the decline of semblance-of-brains in the general population.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bugatti Fan said:

491 pages of irks against 223 pages of what pleased us today.

Are most of us just getting a bit grumpy judging by the above stat?

Disparity exists in other areas, too...there is only a stairway to heaven, but a highway to hell...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Pulled something in my back today.  I was doing some chores and moved a box...  now its painful to do just about anything.  I have the computer on the kitchen island and I'm standing here leaning forward.

I'll have to see  how I do over night..

I know many don't believe in Chiropractic Care but is something to consider. I injured my back in my twenties and it still acts up at times. I prefer a good adjustment to a fist full of pain relievers. Also a heating pad will go a long way to getting the back muscles to relax a little.   

• Like 1

Another frequent irk is rebleaters who don't know the difference between "censor" and "censure", but incessantly spew their mindless idiocy anyway.

Pretty likely that folks who don't know words don't know their meanings either...but that never stops them from loudly voicing their ignorant opinions at every opportunity.

My job cut my hours back below 40 for the week, citing budget constraints. Cut almost $400 from my paycheck. Today, they put an arcade style game in the breakroom. I confronted them about it and was told that the game was cheaper. So, I'm trying to put food on my table and pay bills. Barely making enough to do that. Cut my paycheck almost in half. But, at least I can play hoops while on my break.

Edited by metalhead
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Ryan, that is lousy for sure! 

I know that it is not for everybody, but if you are young enough, have you considered Truck Driving? If you stay away from the 5 Biggest Companies (Swift, Ect.) There can be some decent money in it. Not all jobs are Long Distance trucking either. Look for jobs with Local Pickup & Delivery in the description.

Anyway, I hear you about the pay cut. 2 weeks before Christmas shows either Desperation or Clueless Terminal Stupidity. Both reasons are a sign that it is time to start hunting a new job.

12 hours ago, metalhead said:

My job cut my hours back below 40 for the week, citing budget constraints. Cut almost $400 from my paycheck. Today, they put an arcade style game in the breakroom. I confronted them about it and was told that the game was cheaper. So, I'm trying to put food on my table and pay bills. Barely making enough to do that. Cut my paycheck almost in half. But, at least I can play hoops while on my break.

I understand that the job market is pretty strong right now. Might consider looking around just to see what is out there. 

• Like 1

My dad chipped a tooth working on a truck. Alright, here’s some context: 

Dad is a diesel mechanic. He works on big rigs and trailers. He also carries a maglite in his mouth when he works instead of using a headlamp. Well, he wanted to roll under a truck (using a creeper) with the maglite in his mouth, but the truck’s frame said a very hard “no”. Apparently, Dad did not know that the maglite would not clear the frame. He was working overtime, not a regular shift - which also doesn’t help the situation. Hey, coulda been worse, though.

Since this unfortunate event took place, Mom said that she’s getting him a hat with a built-in headlamp for Christmas 😁

Well, I found out why the hours were cut. They're trying to free up funds to buy new equipment. I was told that cutting hours back frees up enough to purchase about half of the equipment we use. I work in inventory at a distribution facility. So, I'm okay with that as it is necessary for the job. If the cutback in hours is permanent, though, I'll have to look elsewhere for employment. Still, they could of used the funds that was used on the game to go towards the equipment.

i redeemed my credit card reward for an amazon gift card, and it hasnt arrived. i called the credit card company and they told me once they ship it, they dont take any responsibility if its lost or stolen. So i wont get my points back or a new card sent. I just have to hope it eventually arrives. 

i think going forward i will just redeem it as a statement credit and buy my own gift card. 

5 minutes ago, MrMiles said:

i redeemed my credit card reward for an amazon gift card, and it hasnt arrived. i called the credit card company and they told me once they ship it, they dont take any responsibility if its lost or stolen. So i wont get my points back or a new card sent. I just have to hope it eventually arrives. 

i think going forward i will just redeem it as a statement credit and buy my own gift card. 

I used my points once to get a gift card but it took about three weeks to get it.  Never again.

Valve on my water softener took a dump last night. Was a spray while running but just a slow drip now. Would try to fix but with my luck I would make it worse. Called for service and no one available till Monday !  They have a shortage of workers like a lot of companies right now.

5 hours ago, metalhead said:

Well, I found out why the hours were cut. They're trying to free up funds to buy new equipment. I was told that cutting hours back frees up enough to purchase about half of the equipment we use. I work in inventory at a distribution facility. So, I'm okay with that as it is necessary for the job. If the cutback in hours is permanent, though, I'll have to look elsewhere for employment. Still, they could of used the funds that was used on the game to go towards the equipment.

On the surface this sounds like an odd explanation. The reason I say this is they should be able to get a Bank Credit Line to buy or even lease amy type of manufacturing equipment. I know only the most basic and probably even misinformation about some of the government programs in place to assist companies that are wanting to invest in equipment. Either way I hope it all works out to your advantage and they restore your income and maybe even a bonus for hanging in there for them.