Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

12 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Easy to Mock.

Harder to Do.

I don’t think there’s a single person on this forum that would have trouble forging that. But hey if someone has a spare 51 million to spend on it….🤪

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Not irked, just confused - what is a ‘hand painted’ paintjob meant to look like?

36CD0EE6-59C0-4240-AC2B-550279E1E0FE.jpeg.5c4c9864265d1e5c551889fde6e9dd42.jpeg

I’ve achieved a ‘hand-painted’ look before with a brush and a paint roller, but I doubt anyone wants that on their $100,000 car 🤔

teslas have bad paint jobs anyway, more orange peel than a school lunch room bin. ten year old focus' have better paint

What irked me today? Besides having to start work at 2 am?

My wife is completely centered around her children, all who are adults. I won't go into it but her two youngest, both in their 30s act as if we are made of money. Not that we are struggling but we both work hard for what we do have... she spent a lot of money to fly her daughter and daughter's boy friend out here for Christmas and just received a text that she won't be coming. Not that she will get that money back from the airline now, nor could she really afford it in the first place...but my wife's been looking forward to this for almost a full year. Her daughter moved across country and I have no words for how hurt she is by this.

Me, seeing her hurting like this am livid.

Thanks for allowing me to vent...

I'm continually irked by "adults" who take credit for things they had nothing to do with, deflect blame for their own failures by blaming others (or just pretend problems don't exist), smile smugly while wallowing in their ignorance and outright stupidity...and all the people who turn a blind eye to their behavior.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY

Preordered two of the Salvinos Petty Roadrunners at the end of August. "They" shipped last week and I received the order Saturday. I was charged for the two kits ordered, but they only shipped one. Two e-mails later with photos of what I received, they haven't responded. Next Tuesday or so, I am filing a claim with PayPal. I am not expecting an instant resolution, but I would appreciate a "Hi Steve, we are investigating this" kind of response from them rather that the nothing I have received after contacting Chris twice.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Time to tell the wife to stop enabling your adult children. Cut the cords and let them learn to how adult.

I always like to tell my son this whenever he starts up....I brought you into this world, I’ll kick you out!

It's hard, seeing how we were married after her kids were "adults " and my opinion is not always desired. I understand though, when my son has made mistakes, I've attempted to allow him to learn by them and I think he's turned out pretty well for the most part. More than once he's heard, "Well, sucks to be you huh?".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rodent said:

Preordered two of the Salvinos Petty Roadrunners at the end of August. "They" shipped last week and I received the order Saturday. I was charged for the two kits ordered, but they only shipped one. Two e-mails later with photos of what I received, they haven't responded. Next Tuesday or so, I am filing a claim with PayPal. I am not expecting an instant resolution, but I would appreciate a "Hi Steve, we are investigating this" kind of response from them rather that the nothing I have received after contacting Chris twice.

What company did you order it from?

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

What company did you order it from?

Directly from Salvino's. An email from them just popped up on my phone. I will have to see what they say. I am sure they will take care of it, just a little annoyed with the slow response.

4 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Directly from Salvino's. An email from them just popped up on my phone. I will have to see what they say. I am sure they will take care of it, just a little annoyed with the slow response.

3 days is a pretty quick response time for an email. they would have been shut on sat and sun, and since its you guys thanksgiving they will most likely be busy with that and getting christmas orders out in time. I'd say their respnse time is pretty quick for any company these days

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

3 days is a pretty quick response time for an email. they would have been shut on sat and sun, and since its you guys thanksgiving they will most likely be busy with that and getting christmas orders out in time. I'd say their respnse time is pretty quick for any company these days

Apology and they are sending another one. I just expected that they would have at least responded with a "looking in to it" response by C.O.B. yesterday, but at least they are taking care of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I'm a supervisor and that is becoming more and more the norm nowadays.

This has been going on for a long time. Ten years ago, I worked for a company that would have two guys in call at all times. One was the primary guy and one was the backup. Calls went to the primary, unless he told the answering service he had too many calls. The calls would go to backup guy. I was always partnered up with guys who only answered the phone when they felt like it…so basically, primary all the time. It was all ok with the boss. The dirtbags never got in trouble. 

19 hours ago, LDO said:

This has been going on for a long time. Ten years ago, I worked for a company that would have two guys in call at all times. One was the primary guy and one was the backup. Calls went to the primary, unless he told the answering service he had too many calls. The calls would go to backup guy. I was always partnered up with guys who only answered the phone when they felt like it…so basically, primary all the time. It was all ok with the boss. The dirtbags never got in trouble. 

If the boss lets those guys slack all the time, then he is not doing his job…

20 hours ago, Mark said:

As long as the work gets done, most bosses don't give a hoot if each of five people pitch in 20%, or if one person does it all and the other four loaf along.  As long as everything gets done...

Hmmmm...I've almost always worked in businesses...including the ones I've owned...where an individual's pay was based almost totally on his productivity, and I still do.

No billable hours, no money, no exceptions, no excuses. That kinda tends to weed out the slackers and the incompetent (like the guys who can't diagnose, or have to do a job several times to get it reasonably right) pretty effectively.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

Pay for productivity seldom applies in offices, or in places where there's a union.  In the latter, everyone with the same title gets the same pay per hour.  Offices, it's usually by position, if two or more are doing the same job then the person who has been there longer is getting more.