Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I have so many irks going on it isn't funny.  My biggest one is dealing with the water system in my neighborhood.  I'm on the the water district board, going on 8 years.  This subdivision was built by a crook in 1964, "wildcat" developers back in the day would low bid build with almost no regulations by the State or local jurisdictions.  He ended up being convicted for fraud, and died in prison.  So we have had leaks, and we never get caught up, we lose about an acre foot a month.  I discovered a leak last week, and it's becoming a cluster you-know-what.  Looks like the bridge was built over the main, massive leaks have been found, but it's also *under* the bridge, so the Manager is having to figure out how to re-route this section.  On top of that, we are having weather, so it's getting real fun for the contractor.

I just got a new GM 350 crate engine in Blue Cloud.  It's running fine, but there is a coolant leak at the thermostat and hose connection, so leaks leaks everywhere!!!  Mine should be easy to fix.

IMG_8226.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, 89AKurt said:

I have so many irks going on it isn't funny.  My biggest one is dealing with the water system in my neighborhood.  I'm on the the water district board, going on 8 years.  This subdivision was built by a crook in 1964, "wildcat" developers back in the day would low bid build with almost no regulations by the State or local jurisdictions.  He ended up being convicted for fraud, and died in prison.  So we have had leaks, and we never get caught up, we lose about an acre foot a month.  I discovered a leak last week, and it's becoming a cluster you-know-what.  Looks like the bridge was built over the main, massive leaks have been found, but it's also *under* the bridge, so the Manager is having to figure out how to re-route this section.  On top of that, we are having weather, so it's getting real fun for the contractor.

Ah yes. Few things in life as much fun as cleaning up after morons, especially crooked morons.