Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I always found that pulling the handle on a reloading (ammo) press was great for both exercise and mental health. Doing it just 200-300 times a day three or four times a week produced great peace of mind in just a few weeks. B)

Instead of wasting your valuable time on a forum, maybe you could turn off the computer and go do something in the real world.

Well sport, I'm usually a pretty productive guy..."in the real world". Of course, you have no clue as to who I am or what I do, so feel free to offer advice.

And by the by...I've been laid up with debilitating back problems for over a week. Visiting the forum is a diversion from the constant pain.

Any more helpful hints you'd like to advance?

I always found that pulling the handle on a reloading (ammo) press was great for both exercise and mental health. Doing it just 200-300 times a day three or four times a week produced great peace of mind in just a few weeks. B)

:D I'm getting low on 9mm. Must add that to the new exercise regimen.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Well sport, I'm usually a pretty productive guy..."in the real world". Of course, you have no clue as to who I am or what I do, so feel free to offer advice.

And by the by...I've been laid up with debilitating back problems for over a week. Visiting the forum is a diversion from the constant pain.

Get em Bill, get em!

Pretty sure I know what you do, as you like to mention what you have done and do for a living. Hard to judge a person characters online. But I can respect and appreciate the knowledge you have and share to help people out.

Ah the ole back pain excuse, amazing how many people complain of that. So I guess thats why you can come across as a grump sometimes.

Nah, im sure anymore I say would be of no use, as you have a vast knowledge of everything and Im sure you will sort yourself out.

Okay, it's 4 below 0 (Fahrenheit) as I write this. At least it's not windy or snowing. Ah, the pleasures of living in Minnesnowta. Now where's my gun?

Just kidding about needing the gun. But, still it's miserable when the temperatures get like this. I guess I just need to remind myself that is considered a very warm summer day at the Amdunsen-Scott base at the South Pole. Plus, it's not as cold as it can be, even here. And up until now, we've had a pretty nice and fairly warm winter. So I guess I have no real right to complain.

Yet.... 4 below really sucks.....

Okay, it's 4 below 0 (Fahrenheit) as I write this. At least it's not windy or snowing. Ah, the pleasures of living in Minnesnowta. Now where's my gun?

Just kidding about needing the gun. But, still it's miserable when the temperatures get like this. I guess I just need to remind myself that is considered a very warm summer day at the Amdunsen-Scott base at the South Pole. Plus, it's not as cold as it can be, even here. And up until now, we've had a pretty nice and fairly warm winter. So I guess I have no real right to complain.

Yet.... 4 below really sucks.....

Just think HOW MUCH it is irking the Seattle Seahawks right about now!!!!   B)

Ok, let me start by making it clear that I absolutely hate, hate, HATE shopping and malls and crowds and that whole scene in general. I much prefer doing my shopping online, but sometimes you just have no choice but to go out into the real world...

And what happens many times, as if shopping itself isn't unpleasant enough, I'll get back to my car in the lot and see that the genius who parked in the spot next to me has left about 5-6 inches between his car and mine. With a car like mine (2-door coupe), the doors are really long and you need a lot of space to swing them open far enough to get in the car. Sometimes I can barely squeeze into my car when these clowns are leaving me so little space to open my door.

And sometimes it's not even the other guy's fault. Many times I've been in lots where the guy next to me was perfectly fine, parked perfectly well in between his lines, and there was still not enough room for me to open my car door. I'm pretty sure that store and mall owners are making the parking spaces narrower, by painting the lines closer together than they used to, just to cram in the most number of cars possible. :angry:

Wow... the Vikings just missed a chip shot 27 yard FG that would have won them the game. Instead, they just lost 10-9 to Seattle.

Oh well. At least it's over with now. I did not watch the Vikings play today, because of their past history. They always lose in the manner that's close. But, for stupid last minute mistakes. I can't watch it! So, feel sorry for us poor Minnesotans. We not only have to put with some of coldest weather in the nation on a regular basis. We also have been watching an almost good team lose in lame ways for 55 years.

Now where's that gun again?

Edited by unclescott58

Ok, let me start by making it clear that I absolutely hate, hate, HATE shopping and malls and crowds and that whole scene in general. I much prefer doing my shopping online, but sometimes you just have no choice but to go out into the real world...

And what happens many times, as if shopping itself isn't unpleasant enough, I'll get back to my car in the lot and see that the genius who parked in the spot next to me has left about 5-6 inches between his car and mine. With a car like mine (2-door coupe), the doors are really long and you need a lot of space to swing them open far enough to get in the car. Sometimes I can barely squeeze into my car when these clowns are leaving me so little space to open my door.

And sometimes it's not even the other guy's fault. Many times I've been in lots where the guy next to me was perfectly fine, parked perfectly well in between his lines, and there was still not enough room for me to open my car door. I'm pretty sure that store and mall owners are making the parking spaces narrower, by painting the lines closer together than they used to, just to cram in the most number of cars possible. :angry:

How true. They must think everyone drives a Mini Cooper. When I had a Corvette I would park way out where nobody was. When I would go back to my car there would almost always be some nimrod or two that parked right next to me even tho there were closer spots.

Harry the spots are too as in way too small it the  parking lots today. Not everyone drives a smart car. They just have not figured that out. 

Around here they have to have a required amount of parking spots to match the square footage of the building for retail store.  

Yes the second half was fine. They fired the OC and have been a much better team. When the other teams D is telling you they know all your plays it says volumes. 

New GM not sure as of now about the coach yet.  

If you talk to Uncle Jessie (White) and can get a set of "handicap" license plates, you'll have plenty of parking room Harry.

Yeah... in 1985!

That was in the last century! :lol:

The Vikings, or the Queens as we like to call them have gone to, and lost the Super Bowl 4 times! And, they have not appeared in a Super Bowl since the late 1970's. Okay, I found the gun. Now where is the ammo? ?

By the way, I get a kick out of my digital thermometer. Earlier this evening as it dropped back to 0 Fahrenheit, my thermometer reported as minus 0. Minus 0? Is that even possible? Even the thermometers here are pessimistic about the temperatures here! I know that ammo is somewhere around here..... 

Question for my friends in the US of A!

Correct me if I'm wrong, was watching 'Monster Jam' on the box the other night and this one was from Vegas last year titled 'Monster Jam World Final' XVI.......why is it called 'World Final' when it's just you guys????????

Just saying

Ray